What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I have a problem with doing f1,2 and then trying to cancel to lumbarcheck which is literally impossible in the game even tho the laws of physics and logic say it should be able to.FML

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Yes I would like to see b2 faster but more punishable on block. 112 being cancellable would give us a good quick punish, like 112xxkanoball
D2 is already -13 on block, isn't it? so I think it can be consistently punished with pokes and fast strings, even online. Nevertheless, If it were fast enough to become a good anti-air and wiff punisher (let's say 10 or 11 frames), I would be fine with it being slightly more unsafe.

CriticalDrop

A lot of people posting bout what he needs, we know what he needs now lets move on to what he has and how we can use it.
Totally agree. It's way more productive to talk about the actual character in his current state than being constantly looking at his flaws, dreaming of the possible changes to come. However, buff wishlists are fun (i hope that's why people talk so much about them, and not just for being salty because of their loses) and they still give some insight about character's weaknesses and strengths and help to figure out his current gameplan.

Personally, i enjoy the rushdown game, but his footsie game is great once we get to frame advantages.
I feel that we are few the ones that doesn't really care about wether he is being buffed or no, and are enjoying his gameplay as it is right now. Personally, it is his neutral game which I enjoy the most (it doesn't imply that I'm good at it, jajaja), and it is precisely in the necessity to condition your opponent, something usually regarded as a flaw, where I'm finding more fun.

Malec

Noob
I would like to see a couple of adjustments to Kano.
-F1 should be a mid
-2,4,1+3 the 4 whiffs if you hit 2 at max range, that should not be the case
-Fatal Blow startup needs to be faster, its the worst FB in the game right now.
-Enhanced Kano Ball should not be unsafe, it's not like Scorpion Teleport, we don't get a combo
-the condition for F4,3 KB should change
-1,1 whiffs on crouch blocking Johnny Cage, but I think it's a JC hitbox issue and will get fixed hopefully.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I would like to see a couple of adjustments to Kano.
-F1 should be a mid
-2,4,1+3 the 4 whiffs if you hit 2 at max range, that should not be the case
-Fatal Blow startup needs to be faster, its the worst FB in the game right now.
-Enhanced Kano Ball should not be unsafe, it's not like Scorpion Teleport, we don't get a combo
-the condition for F4,3 KB should change
-1,1 whiffs on crouch blocking Johnny Cage, but I think it's a JC hitbox issue and will get fixed hopefully.
I agree on all of this, except his FB is not the worst, Cassie's FB is the worst. At least with Kano, you can use in a combo.

kcd117

Noob
Imo if his B3 was +2 on block and his whiffing issues were corrected he'd be perfect. If it was + he'd finally have a way to make people respect his highs and his KB throws would be way more useful, he'd still have the same weaknesses he has but his mixup game would be a little bit more rewarding for him as he'd get more opportunities to go for it.

I would also like some fixes like F43 KB requirement changing and his F4 being completely poke-immune. I don't think it should be faster but it should definitely match the animation and go over pokes, and that should be the new requirement for the KB to trigger.

His D2 needs some love too, I think it is possibly the worst in the game. When a character like Geras, Erron, Sonya, Lao etc starts jumping he is hopeless.

As much as I would like his amplified ball to be safe I really think it would break him. He would be the best mixup character in the game with that change alone, he'd get mind games off of everything, I could be wrong but just the thought of D1ing people into his blender makes me hate the idea of having to play against him lol.

Malec

Noob
I agree on all of this, except his FB is not the worst, Cassie's FB is the worst. At least with Kano, you can use in a combo.
You can use Kanos only on specific combos and that works on Cassie too. Cassies is also safe I believe? And it's overhead, sometimes catching people off guard. But they are both bad FBs

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You can use Kanos only on specific combos and that works on Cassie too. Cassies is also safe I believe? And it's overhead, sometimes catching people off guard. But they are both bad FBs
Nah Cassie's is punishable, it's an overhead, but it's slow as hell startup and it's distance based too D:

I dont know if this was discussed but i was just having fun with Kano with custom variation and i noticed that you can cancel his overhead f4 into only snake bite. Usually his f4 can not be canceled

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

CriticalDrop

twitch channel : psychology_nerd last vid from yesterday
@CriticalDrop
I also have them posted individually on my YT here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTONGR_4wvdStPyHfuzbdSg I'll post the GF today.
Thank you both!!! @Vslayer I had watched some of the tournament videos your YT, but had not seen this one yet. Thanks for uploading them!!!

@Circus how the heck do you connect 11 after amp 1+3? Do you have to microwalk or dash cancel? I got it once but I got no clue what I did. If I don't walk forward, lumbar check doesn't connect and if I do then I can't F2. D
The timing is a little tricky, I'm still getting used to do it in matches. I get it consistently in the lab doing the FF just when the 1+3amp animation is ending and almost inmediately pressing 11.