What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I actually completely forgot about that.
I forgot about it, too

Kano really feels like someone that would benefit greatly from custom variations being tournament-legal.
Maybe, but I don't see it making a huge difference. I could be wrong, as perhaps I have to explore his custom moves way more. Personally, I think that Ripper variation is pretty good and the character main flaws are about his normals and strings. In any case, If anyone have found something interesting in this regard, I will be very pleased to know.

As for the custom variations themselves, my favourite is Lumbar Check + Manhandled + Bio-Magnetic Pull (to enhance his combo possibilities). For a combo focused variation I have Manhandled+Snake Bite, and, of course, the combination of Snake Bite + Manhandled, mentioned above, is always great.
As you can see, I cannot live without Manhandled jajaja

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
In my case, I use ripper tourney variation (mostly). Snake Bite is good, but i prefer manhadled over it, mainly because of the (pseudo)mixups and the opportunity to include Rack Off and Lumbar Check in the loadout.
Manhandled, as you said, is good for pressure and condition your opponents, playing a kind of 50/50, between 24(3+1) and 24xxDBF2. In addition, without manhandled, I always miss the F43 string.
The main problem with 24(1+3) is that S2 is a high. To avoid possible punishes I abuse pokes and B3's in order to condition the opponent. Theoretically, D1 jails into 2, but it’s a 1frame link almost impossible to get online (at least for me). In any case, note that the startup of 24 is only 11 frames and 22 is only 14, so it´s impossible to punish 2 after a successful D1, even if the opponent goes for a neutral crouch (if he/she tries to hit you, he/she eats your next hit). Then, you can get your 50/50, opting either for 1+3 for a full combo, or your command grab.

PD: By the way, my secondary is Cassie (although I'm still trash with her), so, looking at your avatar, its seems that we have our mains inverted. XD
Try starting your 1,2,b2 string from far away, you’d be surprised how far the spit reaches and the stagger time it has when it hit.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Was getting the idea of seeing how using Snakebite and Lumbar Check in the same variation is. Gotta say, I like it, but man, he does not have a lot of Krushing Blows.
His KB for lumbar check is pretty hard to get, not many people actually wakeup roll so to be able to react to it really quickly and got for the command gab makes it harder to get. If snake bite was 1 slot, you could change the knife throw for the laser beam and get an easy KB at max distance. B3 KB is super easy, and so is his D2 since it's pretty good.

He's supposed to be a brawler character with high risk and high damage but no tourney variation enforces this at all. I would change his F1 to a mid and give him better tourney variations. He doesn't need a lot of buffs, just a few tweaks.

MK9

Noob
Can Kano parry the last hit in kangs f222 string??

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, trying to see if it’s a online thing.

CO-KANO

Can Kano parry the last hit in kangs f222 string??

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, trying to see if it’s a online thing.
I think you’d have to be a positive frames advantage for that to happen. Correct me if i’m wrong, im still trying to grasp the concept of frame data

CriticalDrop

Do you have some Combo examples for that? Thx =)
The combos are nothing special, the idea is to retain the gameplan stemming from his manhandled moves while having the possibility to start some combos from almost any poke, normal and string with bio-pull. If you are looking for straight damage, I think it's better to go for Snake Bite + Lumbar Check

Some combos with bio pull:

1bar:

Starter(11/22/24/F1/D1/D3)xxDB1(amp),B2,F2xxDBF2
StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,F2xxBF3

In order to switch sides:

StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,22(1+3)
StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,F2UD4

Corner:

StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,11,22xxBF3

2bars
StarterxxBF1xxDB1(amp), B2,F2xxDBF2/BF3
StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,22(1+3)(amp)
StarterxxBF1,24(1+3)(amp),B2,F2xxDBF2 ----- Bad damage output due to the scaling (compared to the regular BNB), so it's only recommended if you are unable to land your BNB from regular 24(1+3)

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I think you’d have to be a positive frames advantage for that to happen. Correct me if i’m wrong, im still trying to grasp the concept of frame data
You can only parry if the string has a gap in it or if the first hit of f222 wiffs meaning it doesnt connect (but the string is actually f333 correct me if im wrong).

CO-KANO

The combos are nothing special, the idea is to retain the gameplan stemming from his manhandled moves while having the possibility to start some combos from almost any poke, normal and string with bio-pull. If you are looking for straight damage, I think it's better to go for Snake Bite + Lumbar Check

Some combos with bio pull:

1bar:

Starter(11/22/24/F1/D1/D3)xxDB1(amp),B2,F2xxDBF2
StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,F2xxBF3

In order to switch sides:

StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,22(1+3)
StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,F2UD4

Corner:

StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,11,22xxBF3

2bars
StarterxxBF1xxDB1(amp), B2,F2xxDBF2/BF3
StarterxxDB1(amp),B2,22(1+3)(amp)
StarterxxBF1,24(1+3)(amp),B2,F2xxDBF2 ----- Bad damage output due to the scaling (compared to the regular BNB), so it's only recommended if you are unable to land your BNB from regular 24(1+3)
This is beautiful...another system of switching/adapting to opponentts rushing down (jax, lui kang, scrub zero) is b4,b4 back dash, f1,2 snakebite, lumbar check

MK9

Noob
I’m asking cause some matching I can parry the last hit and someI can’t. First hit is not wiffing.

Straight up block first 3 hits and parry the 4th

Not sure if anyone posted this already but Biohazard tied for 7th in the online NA East tournament, alongside some huge names like SonicFox, Dragon, Kombat, and Grr. He played mostly Kano with some Jax: https://smash.gg/tournament/2019-mortal-kombat-pro-kompetition-online-cup-na-east/events/mortal-kombat-11/overview

Biohazard is pretty damn down on Kano right now (has him in the bottom 3 characters), which is why he's dabbling in Jax, but I recommend checking him out for some very high level Kano gameplay.
His games from that online tournament:
His advanced Ripper guide:

Last edited:

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
what would you guys like to see from the patch?

i would like to see..

10 frame b1 (mid)
112 cancellable on the last hit
f12 mid on second hit
d4 (possibly) not punishable on block (-9)
more hit advantage on b2/f2

CriticalDrop

what would you guys like to see from the patch?

i would like to see..

10 frame b1 (mid)
112 cancellable on the last hit
f12 mid on second hit
d4 (possibly) not punishable on block (-9)
more hit advantage on b2/f2
I don't care too much about buffs, but if we had some, it would be great. In my case, I would like:

S2 being a mid
In the string F12B2, F1 or, at least, 2 being a mid
B2 to be slightly faster and/or less negative on block, as it is his only meterless launcher

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I don't care too much about buffs, but if we had some, it would be great. In my case, I would like:

S2 being a mid
In the string F12B2, F1 or, at least, 2 being a mid
B2 to be slightly faster and/or less negative on block, as it is his only meterless launcher
Yes I would like to see b2 faster but more punishable on block. 112 being cancellable would give us a good quick punish, like 112xxkanoball

kantboy-2

Ripper
He needs KB's for Kano ball, Manhandled and Snakebite for Grodd's sake.

Manhandled should be part of the base move set anyways and 2,2,3 and 2,4,1 should be available regardless.

You should be able to light enemies on fire with Eye Laser if you hit your opponent with Chemical Burn before hand.

You should be able to amplify Molotov with the lighter and create a fire burst explosion like Bo Rai Cho can do in MKX.

Molotov should come out way faster and should be able to pop it for a mid air explosion if you cancel it into Eye Laser at the cost of defensive meter.

Give him a low parry move; use the back throw animation/let it keep the KB animation if it lands twice in the same round/make the amplified version do the headbutt 3 times/put in his MKX throw as his back throw and the KB animation is the same as the uppercut KB. Easy Peasy.

They said they would add new moves/normals. Kano could use a few things.

Yes, I know I'm rambling.