What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I was playing a friend who was using Baraka and seem like his moves just simply out ranged mine and seems better up close. Kano combos starts with Highs. In this game highs get you super uppercutted and losing big health. Baraka is a better fighter up close where Kano suppose to be good at also since his #1 variation is grappler style.

The only move I was using successfully was his b3 mid, that doesn't combo at all. His b2 is a horrible wannabe Cutthroat slice. His low grab is great, but once they see you going for it they dodge it. Like I said his damaging 2,4 and 2,2 are highs and that makes you weak compared to Kitana long reaching mids into combos.

I'm going to stick it out and see if I find some stuff out. However my Jade was kicking butt and zone better than Kano. She has long reaching combo starters.

This game meta will shape on who has better comboing mids and range from your opponent from my very early impression.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I just saw people posting some stuff on twitter. Haven't got the notes, sorry.
I'm about to check that out. They way I feel needs this early will be very bad for his new design. He already has too much negative on block strings.
d4~Lumbar ticks on block, but if the d4 hits, the grab will whiff, but Kano will be left at around +1 or 2, it looks like.
2,4 ticks if the opponent blocks also. That's the only string I found that ticks.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Ew. They nerfed my 241 string and now my knife.

Boo this company
I really don’t get their thinking. Kano has such a limited toolkit, yet they take away the few things he has to maintain pressure and control. It seems like if you like Kano you might as well play Kotal- better range, disc throw, command grab.... and mid hitting strings

Trevor

Noob
Ok, so after trying out several characters there is no doubt in my mind that Kano is my going to be my main. I just created a short video with some bread and butter combos for his Ripper loadout. My only complaint is that none of his ranked and tournament load outs have snakebite, which I consider to be the best combo extender in the game, but Ripper is quite decent as it is. I like the parry too. It has quite a few uses. With that’s aid, here is a quick combo exhibition, just the basics, but also very damaging combos with one and two amplifications.

Killusion

Stream addict
Man, after messing around with Bio-Magnetic Pull I'm really sad I can't use it. :( It's so good.

Also something needs to happen with Molotov. The only way I can see someone letting Kano throw it out is because they are really mind fucked or scared lol.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
So Kano has grappler variation with a cmd grab, right? How is it?

Would be cool if someone could tell if he has tick throws and what are those.

Killusion

Stream addict
So Kano has grappler variation with a cmd grab, right? How is it?

Would be cool if someone could tell if he has tick throws and what are those.
Yeah it's called Ripper and right now it is the only variation worth playing lol. It also has combo extensions.

These tick throws were posted couple pages back:

Lumbar Check Tick throws :
d1
d3
d4

Not sure if all of these work after the day 1 patch though.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Okay, after two days I have some impressions on the main boi Kano.

Let me just start by saying that Kano is amazing in this game. I really can't believe how great his design is. I've been using both his variations depending on the matchups I'm against, but I could happily say they both have their uses.

With B1, F4, F3, 112, B4, 224, 241, Knives, F1, both Balls, and a whole lot of grab mixups, Kano is straight up one of the most slippery characters to hold down. Kano excels at the range of about 2 character lengths away because of his command grab's reach complementing his other moves so well. With the threat of Air Ball and F3, it's easy for an opponent to be hesitant to zone Kano out of this range too. Suuuuper happy with him.

Last edited:

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I was playing a friend who was using Baraka and seem like his moves just simply out ranged mine and seems better up close. Kano combos starts with Highs. In this game highs get you super uppercutted and losing big health. Baraka is a better fighter up close where Kano suppose to be good at also since his #1 variation is grappler style.

The only move I was using successfully was his b3 mid, that doesn't combo at all. His b2 is a horrible wannabe Cutthroat slice. His low grab is great, but once they see you going for it they dodge it. Like I said his damaging 2,4 and 2,2 are highs and that makes you weak compared to Kitana long reaching mids into combos.

I'm going to stick it out and see if I find some stuff out. However my Jade was kicking butt and zone better than Kano. She has long reaching combo starters.

This game meta will shape on who has better comboing mids and range from your opponent from my very early impression.
I use his b1 as a backdash

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
hi mates,

first of all, i love this thread and all your passion for this bloody wanker. :D

played him since Thursday and enjoy him very much.

he is really unsafe and could use a faster mid.
played mostly against a good Jade and when she sits there an ducks and uses her long buttons, it´s super hard to open her up or even build pressure because all strings are highs and his OH is slower than a one legged wallabee

His Molo-Variation is a fucking joke and total useless imo

BUT when he is in your head and the CG / F4 / Throw / Kanoball-Games begin it´s super annoying to fight against him and he hits like a Truck.

Like his cunty style and will Main him definitely until Shang comes :D

Dean

On The Grind
I haven't got a chance to play MK11, it's killing me, keep up the good works though, these threads help pass the time until I can finally play.

Swoops

Noob
I'm excited to start messing with Dirtbag. It looks like molotov is unblockable and leads to a combo if they are hit with chemical burn ?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
His oki in Ripper is absolutely bonkers.

By the way, if anyone at all has any input ideas with Molotov or Chemical Burn, I'm all ears. Dirtbag is a usable variation literally only because of Vege-Mighty for me at the moment.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
So far I'm getting beat close mid range we're Kano wants to be. He has slow start ups compared too everyone else.