What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Since I dont really play KL on regular basis, and its really rare to find people who dont play mindlessly I was curious really. I mean, I did play slight gas for a while, and I know how crazy strong this is, it aint really my thing. Besides most of my time spent on playing is offline really.
I don't play KL regularly as well. If you're wondering if the variation is viable, I believe it totally is (I think KillerXinok plays without using slight gas too), you're just weak against strong zoning. Either way I'll see what I can do

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I don't play KL regularly as well. If you're wondering if the variation is viable, I believe it totally is (I think KillerXinok plays without using slight gas too), you're just weak against strong zoning. Either way I'll see what I can do

Well, what I meant is that I generally dont play online much enough to have the opportunity to play a smart, dedicated Kabal players. Now in regard his viability, I have no doubt. The general is: is a character has a solid base kit, then it will be viable across different loads out.

About the zoning part - you are correct. Thats simply because he is not a zoner. His saw's serves as checking tool, and space control. At least thats the way I see it, but since MK11 came out, all of sudden we got so many experts, that think otherwise.

I'll be looking forward to that footage, and we might as well play few rounds, if we get decent connection. I can benefit from playing against your Raiden, and Kabal perhaps, cause I play rather poor against them.

Mandolore1123

Well, what I meant is that I generally dont play online much enough to have the opportunity to play a smart, dedicated Kabal players. Now in regard his viability, I have no doubt. The general is: is a character has a solid base kit, then it will be viable across different loads out.

About the zoning part - you are correct. Thats simply because he is not a zoner. His saw's serves as checking tool, and space control. At least thats the way I see it, but since MK11 came out, all of sudden we got so many experts, that think otherwise.

I'll be looking forward to that footage, and we might as well play few rounds, if we get decent connection. I can benefit from playing against your Raiden, and Kabal perhaps, cause I play rather poor against them.
Sure we can try. You can dm me if you want to add me on discord or something. My PSN is Mandolore1123. I'm usually only on during Fridays and Saturdays but if you catch me online any time you can send me an invite and we can test the connection.

Saltea Moonspell

Sure we can try. You can dm me if you want to add me on discord or something. My PSN is Mandolore1123. I'm usually only on during Fridays and Saturdays but if you catch me online any time you can send me an invite and we can test the connection.
Hey, I've sent you a PSN invite. So whenever you feel like go for a test session, PM here, since I dont keep my PS running idle.

Thanks, that would be a nice change to play someone with brains for a change ^^

Mandolore1123

Would anyone happen to know what are the corner optimals for Kabal with hook grab and gas blast?

Saltea Moonspell

Would anyone happen to know what are the corner optimals for Kabal with hook grab and gas blast?
I go for any starter, into dash, then 23 hook grab, instant jk, 23 gas blast - thats almost 33% (+3f on block)

Now if you manage to land deep jk, then you can go for 23,23 dash, hook grab, 23 gas blast, that gives you almost 40%

Saltea Moonspell

You on Steam?
Yes, and no. I dont stream like everyone else, publicly - I am not really into whole "stream idea". I stream for our local guys when I play offline with @LaidbackOne and we play, but the thing is, he plays Jax, I play Kabal, so there isnt much diversity too look for. Some times @Saltea Mike Joins, he plays Noob, but thats as far as it goes.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yes, and no. I dont stream like everyone else, publicly - I am not really into whole "stream idea". I stream for our local guys when I play offline with @LaidbackOne and we play, but the thing is, he plays Jax, I play Kabal, so there isnt much diversity too look for. Some times @Saltea Mike Joins, he plays Noob, but thats as far as it goes.
I play Jade. Could use someone to train with even if it's online, and you're fairly close landwise.

Mandolore1123

Is the optimal Kabal non-hook grab combo now starter~dash, 4~saw AMP, micro dash 1, micro dash 23~hook slam? I can never get the 23 to connect because the S1 seems to push them too far away :(

Is the optimal Kabal non-hook grab combo now starter~dash, 4~saw AMP, micro dash 1, micro dash 23~hook slam? I can never get the 23 to connect because the S1 seems to push them too far away :(
this combos doesnt work properly on females, and the link is too tight, just use the 2,3 without micro dash 1,

Nrs just killed this combo.

Hook grab is the way now.

Mandolore1123

In all honesty you can still do B12~nomad dash, 4~saw AMP, F22~hook grab for 258 damage, though I'm not really sure if it's worth it since just doing B12~nomad dash, 23~hook grab AMP is around 240 damage