What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
What are some hook grab BNBs that leave opponents on the same side as you start? I don’t have the low spinner move as a combo ender anymore so I’m a bit lost on what to do

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
What are some hook grab BNBs that leave opponents on the same side as you start? I don’t have the low spinner move as a combo ender anymore so I’m a bit lost on what to do
Imo the bnb's dont change much. If you wanna keep the opponent at the same side, you simply go for another hook grab (the extender) and it knocks opponent down, right back where you picked him up.

Mandolore1123

Imo the bnb's dont change much. If you wanna keep the opponent at the same side, you simply go for another hook grab (the extender) and it knocks opponent down, right back where you picked him up.
Is the optimal still B12~nomad dash, 23~hook grab, 4~hook slam? Or is there a version where you micro dash into another 23? I can never get that one to work :(

Looks like his air dash is making some rounds again now with customs unlocked. Protect kabal because paulos coming

Mandolore1123

Here's some Air Gas tech. Optimizing Kabal's unbreakawayable damage. Not to mention looks swaggy af

What third ability do you run with slight gas? I see Deoxys was running the dash cancel for extra pressure but hook grab gIves super juicy damage. Really want to try slight gas out but my fingers can’t really keep up :(

What third ability do you run with slight gas? I see Deoxys was running the dash cancel for extra pressure but hook grab gIves super juicy damage. Really want to try slight gas out but my fingers can’t really keep up :(
I'm using hook grab for that juicy damage, but it does feel like giving up a lot of other utility.

Saltea Moonspell

I'm using hook grab for that juicy damage, but it does feel like giving up a lot of other utility.
Taking Slight Gas into account - trading hook grab for NDC in terms of efficiency is worse option. The damage output is significantly reduced in exchange for block pressure, mixed with grab, that is risky af. Sure there is the option to walk balk to punish button attempts, but when distance is created, the advantage is neutralized. Not to mention, that after the last patch, a lot of characters got pumped resulting higher damage, additional tools, so burning defensive bars for NDC, is pretty much stripping down Kabal off of his defensive option. Be noted, that in this particular setup, Kabal really has to work his burned ass off, to drain that life bar.

And in case someone starts to accuse me of downplay: the above statement is based on facts. I was die hard Kabal main in MK9, and I loved everything about NDC. I still play it here, I enjoy it, yes, but as mentioned earlier: with Slight Gas, in the current meta, going for NDC, its not wise.

@Mandolore1123
Hey man,
Since both of us play the same custom preset, I was wondering if you could share some of your game play. I am super curious how you perform in this setup.
What's your loadout? I might be able to provide something useful. If not my own recordings, then I have a lot of footage of other kabal players in many different situations. I like to keep them to watch when I'm unsure what to do in a certain situation or matchup :)

cheers!

Saltea Moonspell

I can still play him in a video. I'll record some footage and post the link here when I'm done
Since I dont really play KL on regular basis, and its really rare to find people who dont play mindlessly I was curious really. I mean, I did play slight gas for a while, and I know how crazy strong this is, it aint really my thing. Besides most of my time spent on playing is offline really.