What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
His restand is garbage too! Lol
How is his restand garbage? It’s +2 and he has a safe, staggerable, 9-frame mid that leads into a 50/50 to make your opponent respect the plus frames. The hit stun is also weird, requiring the opponent to actually practice the timing, otherwise the Kabal player is going to be able to win the followup every time, even against 6-frame d1s. The damage is also rather high. Hell, just f3~restand does around 18% while leading into the 9-frame-mid mix. And once they start respecting the mid, that frees you up for f22 staggers and 50/50s, throws, or whatever the hell else you want to do.

Last edited:

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I can't seem to get the KB off f4 low hook. I tried having the ai block it and also recorded the ai doing and me trying to stand block but no luck. Seems bugged

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
I don't get the point of F224 KB. It dose 211 damage, hitconfirming F22 into combo dose at least 232 without meter, so what's the point of that KB? I always feel bad using it
Eh it's like 20 damage whatever, it gives you a good knockdown, and it's also discouraging to be on the receiving end of too like all Krushing Blows, it just makes you feel like you fucked up when you get hit by one

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I hate how hard he has to work to get respectable damage. I miss Hook Grab so much lol
What do you mean? 29% for 1 bar midscreen is pretty decent off a advancing mid. And in the corner he gets a lot more for a bar. I don‘t think kabal is lacking in damage, there are character who have it way worse

I don't get the point of F224 KB. It dose 211 damage, hitconfirming F22 into combo dose at least 232 without meter, so what's the point of that KB? I always feel bad using it
Doing the F224 KB guarantees 211.01 damage to the opponent, which is actually one of his highest damaging combos whereby the opponent has no opportunity to break away.

On the other hand, doing normal combos usually will launch the opponent into the air at some point (eg. during 23, F3 etc, usually the time period before landing Hook Slam or Extended Hook), allowing the opponent to break away during the small time frame while they are airborne (if they react fast enough).

While I agree that his F224 KB deals too low damage for a hard knockdown KB, you have to understand that on default, Kabal has 6 Krushing Blows (D2, Back Throw, Amplified Buzzsaw, Hook Slam, F224, B12D2), and having an extra KB for his Clean Cut Variation (the low spine buster move). Having six or seven KBs is a lot for a character, so at least Kabal offsets his less damaging KBs with abundance and variety of KB opportunities.

Managed to sneak a jump 1 into his high starting combos, to push his midscreen meterless damage up a bit to 283. Once you get the timing down it's pretty easy.

It may only work on male characters only though.
Nice work Black Dragon fam, just want to ask whether if it is possible to connect a jumping 2 instead of a jumping 1 for a little bit more damage.

After bf3 I mash dash so I‘m at the closest distance for 4xbf1amp and after that it‘s just dash and cancel as early as possible in 1 and then dash 23.
Maybe this helps
Hello, just want to suggest an alternative to maybe get more damage for this combo.

Why don't you try doing the amplified buzzsaw first instead of nomad dash? You will get more damage in the end as the damage of amplified buzzsaw will have less damage scaling.

This is the go-to 1 bar kombo that I usually use. Still getting the hang of it but it is doable. Yields approx 300 dmg for a tournament kombo.
eg. 22/F22/B12 -- Amp Buzzsaw -- 23 -- Nomad Dash -- 23 -- Hook Slam / Extended Hook

Or, you can just start the combo with 23 instead of 22/F22/B12 for more damage in the end. 23 is pretty fast (9 frame startup) and is the most ideal combo to use for kombos. Hence, up close i usually do 23, from a fair distance I do B12, while I spam 111 if I want to punish up close.

I also realise that Kabal players tend to use F3 during kombos. I would like to point out that doing 23 instead of F3 will yield more total damage for your kombos in the end, as F3 has very high damage scaling. Try it, and you will see.

Hope this helps in squeezing more damage for bnb combo. If it doesn't, good job for a great tournament combo anyway.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Hello, just want to suggest an alternative to maybe get more damage for this combo.

Why don't you try doing the amplified buzzsaw first instead of nomad dash? You will get more damage in the end as the damage of amplified buzzsaw will have less damage scaling.

This is the go-to 1 bar kombo that I usually use. Still getting the hang of it but it is doable. Yields approx 300 dmg for a tournament kombo.
eg. 22/F22/B12 -- Amp Buzzsaw -- 23 -- Nomad Dash -- 23 -- Hook Slam / Extended Hook

Or, you can just start the combo with 23 instead of 22/F22/B12 for more damage in the end. 23 is pretty fast (9 frame startup) and is the most ideal combo to use for kombos. Hence, up close i usually do 23, from a fair distance I do B12, while I spam 111 if I want to punish up close.

I also realise that Kabal players tend to use F3 during kombos. I would like to point out that doing 23 instead of F3 will yield more total damage for your kombos in the end, as F3 has very high damage scaling. Try it, and you will see.

Hope this helps in squeezing more damage for bnb combo. If it doesn't, good job for a great tournament combo anyway.
Because this combo is his midscreen best option for b12, you can do a 23 after amp buzzsaw if you start you combo with 22 but with b12xbf1amp the 23 will whiff midscreen. Also bf1amp doesn‘t connect after f22 sadly.

Because this combo is his midscreen best option for b12, you can do a 23 after amp buzzsaw if you start you combo with 22 but with b12xbf1amp the 23 will whiff midscreen. Also bf1amp doesn‘t connect after f22 sadly.
Oh I see, I saw players manage to do the full combo that I mentioned starting with 22 so I thought that it would be possible to do it with b12/f22 since they have better range and deal roughly the same damage. Thanks for the detailed info.

(Not made by me, Combo is at 0:21)
1 bar Kombo starting with 22 (9f startup, short range)
22 -- Amp BS -- 23 -- ND -- 23 -- HS/EH

Credit to Trini_Bwoi
Meterless Kombo starting with 111/23 (111 for fastest, B12 for range, 23 for DMG)
111/23/B12 -- ND -- J1 -- 23 -- HS/EH

Credit to Blewdew
1 bar Kombo starting with B12/23 (B12 for range, 23 for DMG)
B12/23 -- ND -- 4 -- Amp BS -- 1 -- 23 -- HS/EH

mundaney

Buff the Kahns
What are your go-to punishes right now? I do 22xxbf1amp, 23xxbf3, f3xxdb3 or db4 (if I want to keep the same side).

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
if they try poke or reversal out of F22 stagger / NDC cancel pressure (and that's our best NDC) F224 gets the KB ender.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I'm having a fair bit of trouble with the Johnny Cage mu, any tips? It seems like he's never punishable, safe hit confirmable strings and superior ranged normals. I feel like I'm forced to eat every stagger and have very little recourse to come back at him with. I also feel like Kabal loses the zoning war, his bf2 is so quick and always stuffs bf1 when I try to regain advantage.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
When this patch drops can we swap out the spin for hook grab.

It genuinely feels like he's missing it.

How is his restand garbage? It’s +2 and he has a safe, staggerable, 9-frame mid that leads into a 50/50 to make your opponent respect the plus frames. The hit stun is also weird, requiring the opponent to actually practice the timing, otherwise the Kabal player is going to be able to win the followup every time, even against 6-frame d1s. The damage is also rather high. Hell, just f3~restand does around 18% while leading into the 9-frame-mid mix. And once they start respecting the mid, that frees you up for f22 staggers and 50/50s, throws, or whatever the hell else you want to do.
The timing is super weird for the follow up. I feel that if I go for anything but a down 1 I get interrupted. Online at least.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The timing is super weird for the follow up. I feel that if I go for anything but a down 1 I get interrupted. Online at least.
It's just a slight delay. This is actually a huge benefit, because it's weird timing for the opponent as well. I've yet to be poked out of f4 after the restand. It just took maybe 3 minutes in training mode to learn the timing.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
When this patch drops can we swap out the spin for hook grab.

It genuinely feels like he's missing it.
No he's not. He still gets good damage, and giving hook grab will make him too strong. He's fine the way he is. I see b1 being nerfed to a high at some point but Kabal will live.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
No he's not. He still gets good damage, and giving hook grab will make him too strong. He's fine the way he is. I see b1 being nerfed to a high at some point but Kabal will live.
A 15 frame high? Ah no. He gets 26.7 off of his standard rest and combo which is really not all that much. Less than Cassie. IF you do the Curbo optimized mid screen combo that's 29, but it's really tough to hit consistently. Hook grab just makes it easier.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
A 15 frame high? Ah no. He gets 26.7 off of his standard rest and combo which is really not all that much. Less than Cassie. IF you do the Curbo optimized mid screen combo that's 29, but it's really tough to hit consistently. Hook grab just makes it easier.
That combo is easy to do consistently, and using 22 starter into amp buzzsaw nets you 300 damage which is pretty good for 1 bar. And yes a 15 frame far reaching mid that leads to 50 50 is a bit busted imo. Not to mention Kabal already has two strongs mids in f2, and f4. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see b1 adjusted to be a high.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
That combo is easy to do consistently, and using 22 starter into amp buzzsaw nets you 300 damage which is pretty good for 1 bar. And yes a 15 frame far reaching mid that leads to 50 50 is a bit busted imo. Not to mention Kabal already has two strongs mids in f2, and f4. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see b1 adjusted to be a high.
I don't think b1 is so good that it demands a nerf, having a 15-frame midrange but non-advancing mid is just a solid tool. And aren't all of Kabal's "50/50"s fuzzyable too?