What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
MK9 - horrible hitbox problems (best example kung lao yolo teleport 3 becoming a mid on half the cast making the matchup spamhappy 10-0)
MKX - horrible hitbox whiffing issues, strings whiffing mid input on random chars, breathable variable hitboxes
MK11 - LOL

You would say they are literally incompetent to do proper hitboxes.

YET

They FIXED KANG HITBOX so he won't whiff on Cage any more.

So it can be done.

But it's still not done.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Cage will clearly get nerfed.

The damage has been already done on twitter by our beloved "pro" players and NRS saw all the tweets so it's too late.

Now the only hope is to get him fixed as well along with the nerfs so we don't have a 3-7 character against half the cast.
The only thing that needs to be nerfed is your everyday paranoia and theatrics.

I am not a complete suck up like Crimson Shadow, but when NRS do a good job, they ought to be commended. You can argue Cassie, Erron Black, and Shang Tsung were overnerfed, but NRS have done a very good job of keeping top tier characters top tier and buffing low tier characters. Cetrion, Geras, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Sonya, etc. were top tier on day one and continue being top tier to this day. Johnny Cage will be fine.

Error404

Noob
Without it, is there a reason to use it over Outtake?
Not really.The parry is awful . Too slow to parry anything on reaction, and recovers way too slow. If you have such a hard read , you're better of going for a neutral jump.

Caged Rage only works on people who don't how to flawless block. And even in those cases it's almost never worth going for . Since it's only safe to go for level 2/3 after 12 or 34 and Level1 is only safe after D4 cancelled on hit. Best case , you give up 3 chances for a throw/strike mix or frame traps ,for the damage of 1 throw.

I mess around with Shock Jock every now and then. The parry is eh, it's effectiveness is MU dependent imo. For example against a character who is gonna D1 alot like Geras it's great to keep em from mashing. And Caged rage is slept on. I set up the first level off of B3 because everyone is expecting the second low so they never let go of block. The chip buff is still kinda buns tho. If they buffed the brass knuckles I think it might have some use over Outtake depending on the MU. Like Kotal or someone who has to hold his forceballs so I can chip em to death and punish em for trying to come in

Wigy

There it is...
I mess around with Shock Jock every now and then. The parry is eh, it's effectiveness is MU dependent imo. For example against a character who is gonna D1 alot like Geras it's great to keep em from mashing. And Caged rage is slept on. I set up the first level off of B3 because everyone is expecting the second low so they never let go of block. The chip buff is still kinda buns tho. If they buffed the brass knuckles I think it might have some use over Outtake depending on the MU. Like Kotal or someone who has to hold his forceballs so I can chip em to death and punish em for trying to come in
Caged rage is not slept on at all.

Cage does not want to be your face negative, you risk an interrupt every time and he looses change to open people up with shimmy whiff punishes.

It does not fit the way cage plays. If he had some actual persistent pressure it would be useful. It's ass.

Caged rage is not slept on at all.

Cage does not want to be your face negative, you risk an interrupt every time and he looses change to open people up with shimmy whiff punishes.

It does not fit the way cage plays. If he had some actual persistent pressure it would be useful. It's ass.
Eh I mean agree to disagree. Its fake asf but I find that most ppl aren't ready to interupt it if you do it off of odd strings. Or condition with F344U4. I get some decent use out of it. Its always nice to have an unblockable you can just throw out

Wigy

There it is...
Eh I mean agree to disagree. Its fake asf but I find that most ppl aren't ready to interupt it if you do it off of odd strings. Or condition with F344U4. I get some decent use out of it. Its always nice to have an unblockable you can just throw out
You get barely anything from throwing it out though. You're getting a tiny bit of chip then in their face negative where you don't want to be.

Each time you do risk shit, if players aren't catching you that's on them and the fact cages never use it cause it's buns. Then after you've given up 3 opportunities to go for a grab or shimmy to open them up and somehow not got interrupted each of the three times, and not eaten a grab cause they blocked it you get a whopping 12%

You get barely anything from throwing it out though. You're getting a tiny bit of chip then in their face negative where you don't want to be.

Each time you do risk shit, if players aren't catching you that's on them and the fact cages never use it cause it's buns. Then after you've given up 3 opportunities to go for a grab or shimmy to open them up and somehow not got interrupted each of the three times, and not eaten a grab cause they blocked it you get a whopping 12%
An unblockable 12% that's more like 15% with bar. That's nothing to sneeze at and it's not like youre losing anything by loading it up. You're playing neutral, you throw out a B34, see they block it and cancel the B3 into caged rage. Your turn was already over anyway but now u have level one loaded. Do that one more time and you have an unblockable mid. Yeah it can be interuptted but that's risk reward, and I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been interuptted. Shock jock is the weakest variation out of the 3 but caged rage is a decent move imo

Man fuck Sonic lol, seems like everyone and their pet gerbil are playing Johnny now. Shazzy was streaming him yesterday, Punk today. I've seen a few TYMer's jump on the bandwagon and I see tons of people on Twitter post "i JuSt PiCkEd uP JoHnNy, hE's MaD fUn yO!" The amount of mirror's online now is AIDS too. I'm kind of memeing but it's crazy how big of an impact this kid has on the community. Maybe it's not just Sonic either and it's just Outtake in general but man I want it to go back to the way it was, lol.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Man fuck Sonic lol, seems like everyone and their pet gerbil are playing Johnny now. Shazzy was streaming him yesterday, Punk today. I've seen a few TYMer's jump on the bandwagon and I see tons of people on Twitter post "i JuSt PiCkEd uP JoHnNy, hE's MaD fUn yO!" The amount of mirror's online now is AIDS too. I'm kind of memeing but it's crazy how big of an impact this kid has on the community. Maybe it's not just Sonic either and it's just Outtake in general but man I want it to go back to the way it was, lol.

Before ECT I was getting a bunch of Cage matches whether I picked Baraka or Jade in KL which is actually kind of weird. I'm sure it has gotten way worse since ECT, but it was creeping up before then. People wonder why people get worried when their character does well, but it's because people proceed to act like clowns over it. I feel that pain for obvious reasons.

They're both pretty solid characters, but people definitely need to chill lol.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I just spammed someone in KL so hard in the mirror with only d4 non stop when they tried to do the crap they read on twitter until they literally quitality because they couldn't take it that nothing works when the opponent just walkback pokes.

Felt so gooood. Eat it bandwagoners.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I just spammed someone in KL so hard in the mirror with only d4 non stop when they tried to do the crap they read on twitter until they literally quitality because they couldn't take it that nothing works when the opponent just walkback pokes.

Felt so gooood. Eat it bandwagoners.
the disconnect between KL shiteatery and high level play has never been this bad lol.
KL players just fucking maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash, if you fight a Jade or f2zero expect your entire gameplan to revolve around whiff punishing their downpokes. It's hilarious.

Error404

Noob
Honestly , Sonic probably gets away with all his BS because everybody is afraid of him. I'm 100% sure that, if it was me fighting Dragon , he wouldn't have given me one F3 or 124.

Just like popular brands sell with their name , Sonic wins with his.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Honestly , Sonic probably gets away with all his BS because everybody is afraid of him. I'm 100% sure that, if it was me fighting Dragon , he wouldn't have given me one F3 or 124.

Just like popular brands sell with their name , Sonic wins with his.
Sonic get hella mental plusframes lmao

I've watched GF of ECT a couple of times now and at certain points you can see Dragons hands literally trembling and Sonic is over there cooler than the other side of the pillow. I'm sure it was a combination of tournament nerves and the history between the two. The kid is something else.