What's new

MK11 Input issues

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just wish we could define which button short cuts you want to affect when you enable this option.

Kinda like, i throw with button shortcuts but i don't really use it to access interactables, but when i play Skarlet, and i want to do 2, 1 , 2 string if i'm close to an interactable it ends up activating instead of doing the string.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
I just wish we could define which button short cuts you want to affect when you enable this option.

Kinda like, i throw with button shortcuts but i don't really use it to access interactables, but when i play Skarlet, and i want to do 2, 1 , 2 string if i'm close to an interactable it ends up activating instead of doing the string.
Happens to me nonstop. I honestly wish we could set specials into custom inputs. I don't want to BF2 to throw a projectile, I want to DF2 to throw it, LET ME CHANGE IT!

CliffP

Noob
Full dial strings are part of the balance.

Characters were given these (mostly) good strings that you have to hard commit. If they gave the strings piecemeal like a regular string then most of them would be too good as staggers.

Most back-forward move errors are either the d pad reading diagonal but training mode won’t show it or just doing it to slowly when you’re panicking online.

The roll mechanic is also intentional. There are really good universals wake up options. To balance it, NRS said that if you want to do a wake up attack you have to commit so the window prevents you from reacting to the opponents movements with your wake up.

The roll timing being later means you already decided against the wake up gamble and in exchange you have a few more frames to evaluate the opponents next move before you commit to the roll.

If you’re missing the roll it’s just your timing, practice it.

The whole game builds off MKX’s overhead low mix up base. Every mechanic is balanced through different 50/50 situations based partially on reactions and partially on reads.

JoeX0rX

Noob
I’ve had trouble with the timing of canceling into kabals amp bf1 during combo strings. I can’t seem to amplify his buzzsaw I wonder if it has something to do with this.

Jhob5

Noob
Not had issues on stick but in mkx before I got my stick when I was switching over to this gen I had a lot of problems with dpad.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
been thinking of dropping MK over input issues. My feelings:

It's absolutely unbelievable how many people still struggle with rolls and breakaways, myself included. It's fuckin 2 buttons, the most basic inputs that you can possibly do yet... the timing, the input, all of it is fucked. God only know how much online lag really effects this stuff.

As mention above it's crazy how much Jax F33,1+3 drops. Again, very basic input, I'm inputting these damn buttons yet the 1+3 doesn't come out.

Opponents specials that you CLEARLY know are unsafe, they throw it out, you go to punish at you know you can, welp, nope, they're blocking somehow? Wtf

My only conclusion is, sure, there is some human error in there but I honestly think that in a game that is so strict on frame info this online play is KILLING IT. I only play online, I start to question, what's the point if me labbing and putting in all this time if what I know works... I can't get to work online.

Just a rant...................

been thinking of dropping MK over input issues. My feelings:

It's absolutely unbelievable how many people still struggle with rolls and breakaways, myself included. It's fuckin 2 buttons, the most basic inputs that you can possibly do yet... the timing, the input, all of it is fucked. God only know how much online lag really effects this stuff.

As mention above it's crazy how much Jax F33,1+3 drops. Again, very basic input, I'm inputting these damn buttons yet the 1+3 doesn't come out.

Opponents specials that you CLEARLY know are unsafe, they throw it out, you go to punish at you know you can, welp, nope, they're blocking somehow? Wtf

My only conclusion is, sure, there is some human error in there but I honestly think that in a game that is so strict on frame info this online play is KILLING IT. I only play online, I start to question, what's the point if me labbing and putting in all this time if what I know works... I can't get to work online.

Just a rant...................
While i agree that some strings have very strict input timings (like jade has or sonya and jaquie with her rapid inputs) how can you drop jax F3 3 1+3 ? 1+3 = Throw so you just press the throw button instead....

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are some very simple inputs that I just can't seem to get to come out consistently. Like D'Vorah's air time-bomb bug amplified. It's just bf1 in the air, plus the amplify button, but that shit does not like to come out.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
If you add any extra inputs to a string, it becomes completely uncancellable. (For example, if you are doing a 134 string and you press 1344, you will no longer be able to cancel into a special move no matter what you do.)

If you use a button shortcut (such as 1+3 for throw), the buttons must be pressed together on the same frame, or you will not get the intended input.
You cannot accidentally plink the inputs a frame apart.

These problems (among others) were mentioned in a thread at the end of March: https://www.testyourmight.com/threads/mk11-quality-of-life-improvements.68704/. I did tweet about the thread too, but perhaps I should have done more to bring these to everyone's attention...