What's new

MK11 Input issues

Problem with wake up roll is that if you input a bit early, the game will read only the L2/LT button, and count it as a delayed wakeup. This is so stupid honestly, I have no idea why they changed it from MKX when you can naturally do it holding DOWN. This is especially confusing since you can perfectly do wakeup up attack mashing U3 / U2, but no for roll!!! You can't mash for rolls!!
And what happen when you f*ck up? You stand up doing the stupid stance switch like and idiot an eat a full combo lol
i gotta admit it happened once to me as well, wake up stance switches. no big deal for me though since i stance switch my opponents more or less anyways.

pro tip: you can perform wake up rolls (as well u2 and u3) even holding the block button so no need to stance switch on wake up (lul)

i gotta admit it happened once to me as well, wake up stance switches. no big deal for me though since i stance switch my opponents more or less anyways.

pro tip: you can perform wake up rolls (as well u2 and u3) even holding the block button so no need to stance switch on wake up (lul)
I've gotten the roll out on accident just holding D+Block. I'm going to change my controls some and see what happens. Also, what the hell is the stance switch for anyways?

grandabx

The Flameater
The way they implemented target combos doesn't make any sense. It's arbitrary as all hell. To anyone with access to Guilty Gear Rev Xrd, go into training mode and use Ramlethal. She's a character that's based completely around target combos. You'll notice that they are all based on hit-stun and are very easy to go into without any of that silly timing nonsense we have here.

The way they implemented target combos doesn't make any sense. It's arbitrary as all hell. To anyone with access to Guilty Gear Rev Xrd, go into training mode and use Ramlethal. She's a character that's based completely around target combos. You'll notice that they are all based on hit-stun and are very easy to go into without any of that silly timing nonsense we have here.

-gg is a complete different game as mk.
such an comparison is nonsensical.
-mk strings are not target combos.

grandabx

The Flameater
different properties and applications.
Ramlethal combos have properties and applications just like MK. There are moves that are highs/mids/lows, have the ability to be canceled or not and start/end in very specific ways.

Again, what's that difference? The only difference is that GG's target combos makes sense in their delivery (hit-stun cancel). They're no some scattered timing systems.

... and MK11 is supposed to be more "execution friendly".
Interestingly, while watching all the pre-release footage and Kombat Kasts, it seemed to me the opposite was true: that Mortal Kombat 11 would be significantly more execution focused and that such would be harder to do.

For the input issues with strings and cancels, I've noticed it as well as I've mentioned earlier in the thread. What I'm doing is simply my best to compensate and adjust my timing on a string/move basis.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I notice that movement stops working every once in awhile. I will hold back and he will just stand there until I mash and it works again. I’m thinking it’s my controller

All these people saying “of course scrubs are gonna have input problems lul” DR Gross dropped a game winning combo vs Scar at Summit because there was an input issue. Pro player, ez punish, he input the buttons aaaand nothing.
People kill me with this. The whole reason for threads like this is to discuss such things. Instead of people name calling how about offering to help someone. MK has online practice. It would be nothing to share tags and lab. I think a lot of the people throwing shade suck themselves.

Problem with wake up roll is that if you input a bit early, the game will read only the L2/LT button, and count it as a delayed wakeup. This is so stupid honestly, I have no idea why they changed it from MKX when you can naturally do it holding DOWN. This is especially confusing since you can perfectly do wakeup up attack mashing U3 / U2, but no for roll!!! You can't mash for rolls!!
And what happen when you f*ck up? You stand up doing the stupid stance switch like and idiot an eat a full combo lol
Lmao

All these people saying “of course scrubs are gonna have input problems lul” DR Gross dropped a game winning combo vs Scar at Summit because there was an input issue. Pro player, ez punish, he input the buttons aaaand nothing.
what input issue was that?
cos i assume you mean an actual issue and not just a combo drop

For me im having issues with Back forward inputs. They can easy get messed up of turn into jump. I thought it was me until I bought a brand new pad and was still having the issue. Doing back forward and getting random f3 here is a video and if you pay attention to my inputs they are all clean.
thats ps4 controller for you , i recommand BBC custom controllers , with microchip dpad directionals

I have tips for people who have issues with Erron 21212 , just do 211,1+2 or you can swap 2 with 3 in your controller settings and you can do 211 1+3 way easier with your thumb by pressing the 2 vertical inputs instead of horizontal with your thumb i hope im clear enough

MikeDigs

Twerk
For me im having issues with Back forward inputs. They can easy get messed up of turn into jump. I thought it was me until I bought a brand new pad and was still having the issue. Doing back forward and getting random f3 here is a video and if you pay attention to my inputs they are all clean.
I concur! BF moves, are pretty straight forward, and I've never had issues like this in MK9 or MKX.
Kitana's square wave, BF3, is a total crap shoot online and it shouldn't be. When I press BF3 I expect the move to come out.

And took Sonya's Decisive Victory to training mode. F4, throw, 2222. The game CONFIRMED my inputs, but the move STILL didn't work. That is broken.

I concur! BF moves, are pretty straight forward, and I've never had issues like this in MK9 or MKX.
Kitana's square wave, BF3, is a total crap shoot online and it shouldn't be. When I press BF3 I expect the move to come out.

And took Sonya's Decisive Victory to training mode. F4, throw, 2222. The game CONFIRMED my inputs, but the move STILL didn't work. That is broken.
you need to mash your soul to get it

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Kano’s snake bite amp in a f2 whiffs more times then it hits, but the AI can do it no problem