What's new

MK11 Input issues

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
What are you referring to exactly? I don’t understand what you mean?
He's a Jade lover so I assume he's referencing that some strings require you to very quickly mash out the entire thing immediately instead of having small windows between each attack to decide whether you want to continue the string. For example: Erron's 21212 and Jade's B343.

It feels a little clunky to deal with at first, but I think it's relatively fine since that combo style only shows up for a few specific strings.

Erron's 21212 is annoying af in this game
Oh man labbed Erron for a couple of hours. This string is very annoying and my thumb is numb from having to slide it back and forth very quickly in order to get it to come out. This is on a hori pad where the buttons stick out more than a ps4 controller so you can imagine the pain after even a few of these.

He also has a f2121 string that is also like this but nowhere near as bad.

At least in mkx you can get it into a rhythm but this one is very annoying.

Bliss

Noob
Agreed. Some of these inputs are fucked up. Why do I have to wait so long to use Scorpion's Teleport after jump kicking an opponent? If I do it too fast it never comes out. And yes, I have that stupid option off (forgot the name; but you know).

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Don't have issues with strings but there are times when I mean to grab my opponent, walk up, hit left bumper and.... nothing comes out. I'm just standing there like an idiot until they decide to d2 me tf out of there. Other times I'll try to d2 a jump in or something and again, nothing comes out. Like the game is registering my inputs late or just dropping them entirely. Never had this problem in mkx/i2.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
There are definitively some bugs here.

The 121 string of Johnny is clearly bugged.

If you dial it UBERFAST with extremely PRECISE inputs, it will become NOT special cancelable.
This doesn't make any sense, as I'm used to dial my strings with finger sliding fast and I'm dropping combos constantly because I need to remember to slow down.

The irony is that his 244 and f344 strings need to be dialed uber fast to work, so it's definitively NOT a feature but a bug.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
There are definitively some bugs here.

The 121 string of Johnny is clearly bugged.

If you dial it UBERFAST with extremely PRECISE inputs, it will become NOT special cancelable.
This doesn't make any sense, as I'm used to dial my strings with finger sliding fast and I'm dropping combos constantly because I need to remember to slow down.

The irony is that his 244 and f344 strings need to be dialed uber fast to work, so it's definitively NOT a feature but a bug.
Never noticed anything about 121

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
There are two situations that piss me off: when I press d2 and NOTHING comes out so I eat d2. Same with the grab. I just continue to walk forward.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You talking about quick dial combos? Cassie has one, 2112, and all it takes is practice. I know Jade has like 20 million of those but I never had a hard time with them. Are you having trouble with special canceling them? If so try putting the release check off.

And for those talking about rolling, it's literally the same timing as getups. As you see your character get up, you hit it.

MikeDigs

Twerk
I agree with OP and others here, that the controls in general feel clunky, especially online.

I main Kitana and my 2 most frequent issues online are: 1) Square Wave not working. pressing bf1 has about a 60% success rate online, where it sometimes does't work. very clunky. 2) Sometimes online, the B142 string stops at B14, and the 3rd hit never comes out, missing on the KB. This due to lag maybe?

And Sonya Blade has a string that I get 10% of the time... Decisive Victory F4, 1+3, 2222.

These are just a few that I've found. Add in all the others and the game seems a bit broken.

Why/how is this stuff even an issue with a release game? Why not just get it right with proper testing before release. Very frustrating.

EDIT: Also the Johnny Cage strings seem off with weird timings on the kicks 244

Oh man labbed Erron for a couple of hours. This string is very annoying and my thumb is numb from having to slide it back and forth very quickly in order to get it to come out. This is on a hori pad where the buttons stick out more than a ps4 controller so you can imagine the pain after even a few of these.

He also has a f2121 string that is also like this but nowhere near as bad.

At least in mkx you can get it into a rhythm but this one is very annoying.
I have the Hori for Xbox and the Dual Shock for PS4... I've actually gotten pretty used to (and consistent) with the slide on Hori, more than the Dual Shock.

I almost wonder if NRS always intended it to be a slide. Because there is no freakn way I can put it in normally multiple times a match.

Gaxkang

Banned
It's a typical NRS thing really to have stiff, unresponsive controls. It really wants very positive button presses rather than taps. I also find the hop attack inputs to be so-so...many times a double tap seems needed.

And there's also online quality. The other day I ran into a Scorpion where his meter burned teleport was plus on block because of lag :eek:. The ping was not so accurate I guess. :p

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
NRS games for sure eat inputs. I made a Robin vid way back with inputs on in the lab highlighting these problems, but unfortunately, they tend to look the other way. They like their input system the way it is and/ or aren’t prepared to take the whole thing apart to solve these problems at the risk of creating new ones. From the sounds of it, their work hours are already pretty grueling. Digging into code to polish niche input queues is probably pure nightmare fuel.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The tutorial mode explains the dial system very well.
Everytime you start to execute a string, there is a timer running out between each buttons, and if you plan to cancel into a special, there is a special cancel window which starts to run out the second you press the first button.
The goal is to perform the special move before the special cancel window runs out, or before the other string buttons timers run out.

If you are having trouble doing this properly, pheraphs what you want its to increase the input timing window to medium or Long or even change to short depending on how your execution type works.

I

Gaxkang

Banned
The tutorial mode explains the dial system very well.
Everytime you start to execute a string, there is a timer running out between each buttons, and if you plan to cancel into a special, there is a special cancel window which starts to run out the second you press the first button.
The goal is to perform the special move before the special cancel window runs out, or before the other string buttons timers run out.

If you are having trouble doing this properly, pheraphs what you want its to increase the input timing window to medium or Long or even change to short depending on how your execution type works.

I
Yeah there's the dial system...I feel like it tends to make people rush their inputs on top of other issues that go on.