What's new

MK11 - General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
We are almost 2 months away from the game release (i honestly can't believe it) and i noticed that we don't have general discussion thread here, or maybe i missed it?

If there really isn't one for MK11 then here it is! Please use this thread to talk about anything related to MK11. Hopefully this thread will also reduce the numbers of some questionable threads that are being opened in last few days.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I really think this might top MK9 as my all time fav MK game... Better roster, NRS have gotten better at balance, better netcode, and the gameplay looks AMAZING, not to mention the insane fatalities!

I really loved MKX, but the online (pre revamp) turned me off the game for a while.

Raider

Noob
I really think this might top MK9 as my all time fav MK game... Better roster, NRS have gotten better at balance, better netcode, and the gameplay looks AMAZING, not to mention the insane fatalities!

I really loved MKX, but the online (pre revamp) turned me off the game for a while.
I am also getting really hyped for the game. Hopefully PC version will be great this time.

I think that they will top MKX for sure in story and roster, customization, gameplay... everything. I just feel like they need to speed up the reveals a little bit. Only 9 weeks left...

vapid

cyber warlord
Generally liking what I'm seeing so far, though holding off on more character reveals until I pre-order. I like the increased number of stages, the customization options (specials, gear, skins, intros, etc.) , and the fact that we're apparently getting a huge amount of content in this game. I'm curious to see what other game modes are in (konquest mode?) and who the KP1 characters are.

vapid

cyber warlord
Are they going to announce KP1 prior to release?
I think we'll probably know who's in it before or around the time of release. I expect them to do the walk-in silhouette video, even if there are no details about how everyone actually plays.

Feature I don't feel like enough people are talking about- we also almost never see it

Supposedly after "perfect block" you can actually input a wakeup move as a reversal (like your character does a standing wakeup reversal), making some moves that were normally unpunishable on block, punishable with enough skill.

This could make for some awesome defensive reads.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Supposedly after "perfect block" you can actually input a wakeup move as a reversal (like your character does a standing wakeup reversal), making some moves that were normally unpunishable on block, punishable with enough skill.

This could make for some awesome defensive reads.
Not just that, people aren't talking about the fact that the movelist is literally going to tell us exactly how much advantage we'll have if we Flawless Block a certain attack.

Some attacks it might be better to just go for the immediate canned reversal and for other attacks the person Flawless Blocking might literally have enough time to go for a real ass punish. There will be no mystery either, it'll literally say it on the menu for everyone to see. That's just awesome imo.