What's new

MK11 female designs are... extremely underwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Choice is the key, for many topics.
Enforce something = always bad result.

So, my point is: give people the choice to wear "sexy" outfit, let's call them "amazon" style costume;) OR "less sexy/ normal" outfit for their favorite female characters.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It would seen that NRS is using this to illustrate that if people really want the over the top MK9 sexiness back they are no better than dirtbag kano.

Kano doesn't respect women and uses crude language to describe then all the time. He's a degenerate.

Having said this, this art is essentially a pin-up. I wonder what the artist was thinking drafting all this serious art then out of no where has to do a cheesecake image, lol.
If that's the case, that's an insult to everyone every fan who happens to like sexier outfits. I don't think whoever wrote that ending thinks that, they know better. Mocking your fans is the dumbest thing you can do in any medium. I don't believe everyone who likes outfits like that are degenerates, some of us just want variety.

Choice is the key, for many topics.
Enforce something = always bad result.

So, my point is: give people the choice to wear "sexy" outfit, let's call them "amazon" style costume;) OR "less sexy/ normal" outfit for their favorite female characters.
Yes, this exactly!! There's no harm in this, if NRS really cares about the fanbase. They need to do this in MK 12 and have a serious talk to the genius who dressed all the women in this game. One thing I absolutely hate is when a writer, artist whoever expresses their political views using their jobs as a filter/excuse to express it. Me? As a reader of comics, gamer I couldn't give two shits what someone's political view is on any degree. Just give me what I know and love about the characters. DC did this when some moronic lefty writer decided one issue to have Superman denouncing his citizenship, then there was an outroar about it from the fans rightfully so so the next issue he took it back. Like shit like this annoys the hell out of me.

Reactions: Nim

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
The sexy outfits of MK9 must stay, they are gorgeous. The classical sexy outfits must stay, what about that? The fans are worried with all this censorship and repressive wave and some are talking of a "UGLYFICATION CAMPAIGN" promoted by SJW feminists in NRM after the declarations of the art director, Steve Beran. Is he a SJW? If feminists want an "uglification" of female characters with burqas and all of that.... Well, BUT the fans want the options of the classical sexy outfits and improvement of faces and the bodies. This is not a happy situation, we hope that MK will not be a SJW or "woke" game. We want OPTIONS of the classical sexy outfits.

"I've Decided To Not Buy Mortal Kombat 11. Here's Why"

Mortal Kombat 11 Skarlet Was Masculinized And I HATE IT

Jade Receives The Same Treatment As Skarlet In Mortal Kombat 11

Mortal Kombat 11 | Toned Down Females - Why Mortal Kombat 11 Will Fail!!!

Mortal Kombat 11 Was INTENTIONALLY Toned Down, Art Director Deals Fatality To Fans

Mortal Kombat 11 Steam Forum Is Being Censored FOR NetherRealms To Protect MK11

MK11 NEEDS HOT CHICKS!
And now, THAT FUCKING JAX ENDING.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
If I read the Jax ending will is ruin the story for me or should I wait til tomorrow? I heard about it being ridiculous.
I would wait. Unless your face needs a good palming, in which case watch it now. Here's the best joke I've seen so far. "Wakanda ending was that?"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I would wait. Unless your face needs a good palming, in which case watch it now. Here's the best joke I've seen so far. "Wakanda ending was that?"
Thanks, lol I'll wait then but yeah apparently people are making vids about on YT so I know it's bad lol. Hopefully NRS will learn from this.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If I read the Jax ending will is ruin the story for me or should I wait til tomorrow? I heard about it being ridiculous.
it's fucking DUMB. It's also just a tower ending so it's not the main story and it's also not canon, but it's dumb.

So whoever you finish the tower with, they have the power to rewrite history but with Jax, they wrote it has him not bothering to stop all the bad things in the world EXCEPT one thing, which has to do with his race. So they basically used him as a token and made it seem like he didn't care about stopping the holocaust or the world wars, just slavery and not even human trafficking, JUST slavery. Bunch of BS.

Wouldn't have minded as much if he didn't say "I'm not waiting for the world to get woke..." Like are you kidding me? If given this power, EVERYONE would prevent all the horrible things in the world from happening.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
it's fucking DUMB. It's also just a tower ending so it's not the main story and it's also not canon, but it's dumb.

So whoever you finish the tower with, they have the power to rewrite history but with Jax, they wrote it has him not bothering to stop all the bad things in the world EXCEPT one thing, which has to do with his race. So they basically used him as a token and made it seem like he didn't care about stopping the holocaust or the world wars, just slavery and not even human trafficking, JUST slavery. Bunch of BS.
Well said sir, well said. I couldn't agree more!

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.

Wouldn't have minded as much if he didn't say "I'm not waiting for the world to get woke..." Like are you kidding me? If given this power, EVERYONE would prevent all the horrible things in the world from happening.
Y'know, there's a lot that I could say about this sort of BS, but this ain't that kinda forum, so I'm just gonna assume that they're trying (and failing) to make amends for this monstrosity:

At this rate, it won't be long now before characters have a finisher where they shame you with 10-year old tweets.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Y'know, there's a lot that I could say about this sort of BS, but this ain't that kinda forum, so I'm just gonna assume that they're trying (and failing) to make amends for this monstrosity:

The problem is that Jax's ending is just trite virtue-signaling for its own sake. Its horribly on the nose and takes you out if the game completely. I'm black myself and I can't stand it. Jax is black, sure. But to narrow down everything his character could be to just the fact that he's black is dumb.

It could be about him coping with PTSD, his relationship with his family, his career and working with Sonya... literally ANYTHING else.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

At this rate, it won't be long now before characters have a finisher where they shame you with 10-year old tweets.
That moment you want to prove you're not racist, but literally, make Jax into a racist after being a racist for giving him the stupidest and most racist costume in history. People are on some dumb shit these days.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I think when we've reached the point that people are mad that a fictional black man chooses to undo the enslavement and dehumanization of his people, it's time to close the thread, or at least kick the fuckin gaters out

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think when we've reached the point that people are mad that a fictional black man chooses to undo the enslavement and dehumanization of his people, it's time to close the thread, or at least kick the fuckin gaters out
You are missing the point entirely. You are talking to a progressive left-leaning, college educated black person here. I have no problem with racial politics and identity. I just don't like it when black characters are treated as token minorities and used to make white writers feel better about themselves.

I dont use my race as a crutch and I can't stand all this "woke" mentality trying to gloss over serious issues in this country

Fact is. None of that matters in MK. Jax has a lot of places to go in the story and this is the only in-character thing they could have him do? Come on.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
The problem is that Jax's ending is just trite virtue-signaling for its own sake. Its horribly on the nose and takes you out if the game completely. I'm black myself and I can't stand it. Jax is black, sure. But to narrow down everything his character could be to just the fact that he's black is dumb.

It could be about him coping with PTSD, his relationship with his family, his career and working with Sonya... literally ANYTHING else.
Oh, I agree completely. I've just argued these exact same points so often that it's honestly gotten exhausting. This is basic Writing 101 to give your character more depth beyond what their race/gender/sexual orientation is. Shit like this feels like it's only there to further cement the wedge between different races, and it pisses me off that it made its way into Mortal Kombat of all franchises. Mortal. Fucking. Kombat.

That moment you want to prove you're not racist, but literally, make Jax into a racist after being a racist for giving him the stupidest and most racist costume in history. People are on some dumb shit these days.
That tends to be how it goes with stuff like this. And the funny thing is that this does Jax's character a disservice. All of the depth and growth he's experienced as a character, and his character-specific tower ending just boils down to 'LOLZ SLAVERY BAD, M'KAY?' Literally something that could've been given to ANY black character if the writer was that shallow. Like, are people that paranoid about what the Twitter brigade will write about them if they don't actively go out of their way to prove their not racist/sexist/whatever the hell the new 'ist' is these days?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I still dont understand where all this bitching about the female cast is coming from because if you are bitching about anybody other than Sonya or Cassie, then you legit have nothing valid to say. The rest of the female cast look fucking amazing. Who's bitching about D'Vorah kick ass look and abilities, or about Kitana's amazing princess look, or Frosts badass cybernetic costume, or Kronicka's original look.....Who? gtfo, what a non-issue this is seriously.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Oh, I agree completely. I've just argued these exact same points so often that it's honestly gotten exhausting. This is basic Writing 101 to give your character more depth beyond what their race/gender/sexual orientation is. Shit like this feels like it's only there to further cement the wedge between different races, and it pisses me off that it made its way into Mortal Kombat of all franchises. Mortal. Fucking. Kombat.

That tends to be how it goes with stuff like this. And the funny thing is that this does Jax's character a disservice. All of the depth and growth he's experienced as a character, and his character-specific tower ending just boils down to 'LOLZ SLAVERY BAD, M'KAY?' Literally something that could've been given to ANY black character if the writer was that shallow. Like, are people that paranoid about what the Twitter brigade will write about them if they don't actively go out of their way to prove their not racist/sexist/whatever the hell the new 'ist' is these days?
Agreed on all fronts. I would like to add to the point that it does Jax's character a disservice by mentioning that it also ruins Jacqui's arcade ending as well. I really hate Jacqui as a character, but I felt that she had an actual well-made bittersweet and emotional ending. It worked because she had to sacrifice to get what she wanted, but then Jax comes along in his ending and completely reshapes history while getting to keep his perfect family together too. It just completely ruins all the possible emotional impact in Jacqui's ending. I understand all the other points, but that's my biggest gripe with it.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
"Of his people"

Turning Jax into Malcolm Kombat X is the equivalent of turning Blade from Marvel Comics into something, that he is not:

Blade is a half human / half vampire. He kills vampires and protects innocents, no matter if they're white or black or brown or red or yellow. Oh, and he happens to be black. That's the core of the character.
Jax is a soldier, who protects 'MERICA (FUCK YEAH). America also happens to be the home country of many other people, from all races, religions and nationalities. Jax fights for all of them. He fights for his friends and his family. Oh, and he happens to be black. That's the core of the character.

And then out of nowhere, you have some woke writers deciding to have their black character go against everything that has been established for him so far... and save "his people"? And live with his family together in Africa? What?
Jax isn't even African. Jax is a Chocolate American. He wore an american flag wrapped around his steel arms. He is pretty much the definition of a standard american action hero.

Jax skin color has pretty much never played any role whatsoever. It has not been established as any kind of character trait for Jax. Jax isn't Black Panther, who is an African king. Jax is as American as it gets. He is more American than Johnny Cage. Always has been. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Yet now in MK11, where women are being covered up for reasons (that damn toxic masculinity, amirite), Jax too gets dragged through the politics mud. It's completely out of character for Jax to focus on saving "his people". The real Jax would have chosen to save his family and everyone else, no matter their skin color, religion or nationality. Unfortunately the writers were too biased to grasp that.

Status
Not open for further replies.