What's new

MK11 - Combo Demonstration - PNDK&M

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
The PND brothers are dropping videos like crazy. Up today is one looking at the combo system in Mortal Kombat 11, how it works and all the cool stuff you can do with it. For those worrying about the new changes, this might put you at ease.

*edited and promoted by HellblazerHawkman

Last edited by a moderator:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
It is not the final version of the game but looks cool already. I like the new Baraka style strings, there should be a Baraka variation called '' Wait and Punish '' :D Where is Skarlet, i wish to see her demonstration too..

Gamer68

Fujin!
Of course there are combos. When Ketchup and Mustard did their exhibition (which I believe was before the pro exhibition), they were already showcasing some pretty lengthy and flashy Scorpion combos. Anyone actually paying attention could clearly see that.

The people complaining about the lack of combos are players coming from MKX -- or recent FGs like DragonBall FighterZ -- and are used to overheads that lead into 30%+ combos midscreen, without having to rely off of any type of Krushing Blow mechanic or things like that.

The entire thing is a kneejerk reaction and/or people who just do not like slower paced games. It does matter if you show them how many combo possibilities there are, as soon as they see what the neutral is like and how much of a presence it has, it will always be that game that "doesn't really have many combos"

BSJeebus

Future Karate Expert
Once fully optimized, Baraka is going to deal some nasty damage in his combos. His only problem (combo wise) is that he seems to rely on crushing blows for big damage. Since every cb can only be performed once per match, his combo abilities will be limited.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
just remember that at the moment anything with a crushing blow can only be done once a match. So the Baraka Combos for example.. eveyone of the ones used the same crushing blow.. meaning you would only get to do one of those combos.
I don't think the Baraka combos relied on CB, because for one of them they use the same move except it doesn't go into CB and it still extends the combo.

one thing I'm starting to realize is the crushing blow mind games people are going to have to deal with. once you know what cb's your opponents used, you would assume they would use the other strings that have cb's to maximize damage. guess ittl depend on what triggers the rest if their cb's

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Do combos in MK11 have a damage limit?

During the reveal and the match between Sonya and Skarlet, Sonya performs a Fatal Blow on Skarlet in her combo. The damage is massive. We're talking 60% here or something, but Skarlet regains a good chunk of that health back - immediately. And it looks like the combo did more along the lines of 40%.

lol "baraka has limited combo potential" = damn near 50% combo with crushing blow and meter.

Seems sub got the short end of the damage stick... (again).
I did see that Sub could meterlessly combo off of slide in the corner for decent damage. He seems more focused on mixups again unfortunately, still very early though. I’m sure more optimal stuff will be found.

Combos are looking hype as hell, I cannot wait to try this shit. I really wish there was more Raiden footage though, seems like no one really tried him that much.

Do combos in MK11 have a damage limit?

During the reveal and the match between Sonya and Skarlet, Sonya performs a Fatal Blow on Skarlet in her combo. The damage is massive. We're talking 60% here or something, but Skarlet regains a good chunk of that health back - immediately. And it looks like the combo did more along the lines of 40%.
Why DID Skarlet regain that health back? That’s the only time I’ve seen that happen and I still don’t understand why.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I don't think the Baraka combos relied on CB, because for one of them they use the same move except it doesn't go into CB and it still extends the combo.
A lot of them do. Any time he does the string that hits their skull and gets the bounce... That can't happen again, as I understand it.

Imperium

Noob
lol "baraka has limited combo potential" = damn near 50% combo with crushing blow and meter.

Seems sub got the short end of the damage stick... (again).
I think sub's midscreen won't really get any higher than 28 or 29% without a crushing blow. I think his BnB is going to be F2, ex ice ball, JIP, B2, B14, ex slide.

I haven't anything else that gives him anything for miscreen that helps him extend past that. In the corner he may have some more serious damage given that the slide is a meterless launcher.

Once MK11 is released, can someone please make a video showcasing your hand/finger movement to perform these combos. I just want to see the speed of how fast one should be executing these moves.

I've been trying combos since MK9 and for the life of me, I just can't string anything significant together. I know the MK games utilize a "dial-a-combo" system, but my muscle memory I suppose is just not good.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Why DID Skarlet regain that health back? That’s the only time I’ve seen that happen and I still don’t understand why.
She didn't, it's just not a live demonstration, it's actually two clips they seamed together.
If you look, the combo meter in the first part is over 20 hits, and then their is a slight cut away and the combo meter is at exactly 20.

So they just took two matches and spliced them together for w/e reason.