What's new

mk11 beta 1080p vs 720p input lag test ?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This could just be due to your monitors native res. If it's got to down or upscale I'd imagine it could create lag.

alright very sorry for the super late update. my life been extreamly busy but here the update.

all test been done by @noodalls thanks a lot man for this very professional testing.

so if you pause at any point during the punches of scorpion you can clearly see that 720p is faster lets me prove it even though its maybe 1 frame or 2 difference its still something to think about. It seems like i do my homework.

so if you pause at any point during the punches of scorpion you can clearly see that 720p is faster lets me prove it even though its maybe 1 frame or 2 difference its still something to think about. It seems like i do my homework.

View attachment 14792
When I watch that video I see 1080p beat 720p the first time, and then 25 times they are the same speed. I find my results normally come within +- 1ms, so one single test out of many swinging to one or the other resolution I wouldn't interpret as meaningful. Even the image you've posted looks to be the same frame of animation.

When I watch that video I see 1080p beat 720p the first time, and then 25 times they are the same speed. I find my results normally come within +- 1ms, so one single test out of many swinging to one or the other resolution I wouldn't interpret as meaningful. Even the image you've posted looks to be the same frame of animation.
if you pay attention to scorpion elbow on the 720p you can see that its more in meaning that the move recover faster.

Hard to post a series of images here, so I've posted to twitter instead. The zoom is slightly different between the two captures, so I would tend to use markers such as clenched vs open fist and partially vs fully extended arm to differentiate. In my sequences of images (from the time frame you chose) they look the same. To my eye, your image looks the same, allowing for differences in camera position.