What's new

MK11 best selling of the year.

Kratilim

Noob
Don't know if this was shared here or not (close the thread if it was). But according to the article below, Mortal Kombat 11 is the best selling game of the year. and even the best selling MK game in the series.

“Mortal Kombat 11 repeated as the best-selling game of the month and is now the best-selling game of 2019 year to date,” said Piscatella. “Month 2 sales of Mortal Kombat 11 nearly doubled the comparable sales of any other Mortal Kombat game in the history of the franchise. Mortal Kombat 11 was the best-selling game of May on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”
https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/18/may-2019-npd-the-end-of-a-generation/

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Despite all the crazy nonsense NRS has gone through with their labor practices, this makes me really happy.

I actually had some doubts if MK11 would outsell MKX, which was the most selling MK of all time.

The game is literally incredible for all skill levels, is decently balanced right out of the box, has tons of content, and is gorgeous to watch. I'm not surprised people are flocking to get it even at a casual level.

Lets just hope the EVO and tournament numbers increase too ;)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good news, very good indeed .... hope this give NRS incentive to support this game , at least, for 3 years, and give us KP2 and KP3 ! :)

KCJ506

Noob
Interesting. Because I recall some people on other sites claiming it would flop due to the lack of certain characters.

I think this goes to show that people that actually boycott a fighting game because it's missing a particular character or two are in the minority. IIRC, there were people also saying they wouldn't be getting MKX because characters like Baraka, Sindel, Rain, Kabal, Noob, Shang Tsung, Jade nor any cyborgs were playable and yet it was the top selling game of 2015 for about four months straight.

Last edited: