What's new

MK11 Aftermath 1 million Dollar Question

The make or break of MK 11 AM: Gameplay Overhaul? Yas or Nah?

• Yas! (Hopefully)

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Nah (Same sh*t different day)

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Are we getting finally a gameplay overhaul? Possibly new mechanics, new more combos, or custom kombat as it should be? Or its just more of the same?

I mean if we don't get an overhaul of gameplay how do they expect to keep the expansion fresh? Just with new story mode and 3 more characters?

Gamer68

Fujin!
With MKXL there were balance changes across the board and some tweaks to the way armor, stamina, and breakers worked. So I could see something similar happening with MK11. I think there's a decent chance that some of the characters with difficult KBs will get new requirements to make them easier, frame-data adjustments for most characters, and maybe some tweaks to throws or wake-ups or something like that, but I don't think there will be a huge general gameplay overhaul.

Raider

Noob
Just usual (small) balance patch. I am not expecting anything else. I mean if you don't like the game, you probably won't like it after Aftermath too.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I don't know about an overhaul, but a larger balance patch would be welcome. Characters getting some new moves, or tweaks of existing moves (Raiden Lightning Rod cough cough) would be great.
This. I voted "No" because I don't want nor expect an overhaul. I DO want there to be some balance changes made, however. The current shit state of many variations (such as Pitch Black, Truth and Light, Squander, Locked and Loaded, Spell Master, Shock Jock, Kreepy Krawler, etc.) is honestly kinda unacceptable.

At the very least i'd like a pass over on all the Krushing Blows to maybe make it feel a little more consistent/logical across characters/variations. I can get that "this KB will be harder to get because X or Y", but honestly some of them just seem arbitrary, especially when some characters would have to struggle to NOT land one.

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't a clue if we're getting it or not, I like the game but I suspect the people who don't like the game would have to get

As long as Aftermath does a couple of the following, I'd support:

Customs or a configuration of lacking variations.

Add tourney variations as set out the gate without having to craft them AND allow for five loadouts per variation for costume changes/variety so you can utilize all these skins they gave you easily instead of having to go change it in competitive contexts.

Fatal blows more merit based whether that means losing all offensive/defensive bar for usage or you have to build meter/earn them from play, not just as a passive reward for getting low health.

Flawless block is cool for exploiting gaps and dealing with zoning, but I don't believe you should be -10 and be flawless blocking someone's pressure and punishing them for using their frames, it throws frames out the window on it and it shouldn't be that way, that's why people don't block as much either because they fish for flawless blocks instead of respecting hit advantage.

I'd be fine with down pokes -7 on block that are 8 frames lower.

I'd like crushing blows to be more universal and consistent with good play so I'd like to see KB's for whiff punishing, punishing a certain amount of unsafe attacks and so forth. Emphasis on rewarding play and incentive for people to play well, space well and would also discourage yolo strategies across the board for every character.

I'll still enjoy the game without these things, but I'd definitely enjoy seeing a couple of these especially a rework of crushing blows.

DeftMonk

Noob
New gameplay changes:
Subzero new krushing blow [launcher]:if slide is blocked late, opponent loses two d bars and flails about.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Well, IIRC MKXL made some massive changes across the board so I don't think it is out of the question. I would not be surprised if everybody gets an anti-breakaway tool like Spawn got.

Xelz

Go over there!
I'd love to see some bigger changes, but the only real disrupting update that's within the realm of possibility is allowing custom variations in KL and tournament play. And I only think that's slightly possible because Ed said he'd like to see it work in that Gamespot interview, but even then he didn't sound confident that it'll happen any time soon if ever.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I haven't a clue if we're getting it or not, I like the game but I suspect the people who don't like the game would have to get

As long as Aftermath does a couple of the following, I'd support:

Customs or a configuration of lacking variations.

Add tourney variations as set out the gate without having to craft them AND allow for five loadouts per variation for costume changes/variety so you can utilize all these skins they gave you easily instead of having to go change it in competitive contexts.

Fatal blows more merit based whether that means losing all offensive/defensive bar for usage or you have to build meter/earn them from play, not just as a passive reward for getting low health.

Flawless block is cool for exploiting gaps and dealing with zoning, but I don't believe you should be -10 and be flawless blocking someone's pressure and punishing them for using their frames, it throws frames out the window on it and it shouldn't be that way, that's why people don't block as much either because they fish for flawless blocks instead of respecting hit advantage.

I'd be fine with down pokes -7 on block that are 8 frames lower.

I'd like crushing blows to be more universal and consistent with good play so I'd like to see KB's for whiff punishing, punishing a certain amount of unsafe attacks and so forth. Emphasis on rewarding play and incentive for people to play well, space well and would also discourage yolo strategies across the board for every character.

I'll still enjoy the game without these things, but I'd definitely enjoy seeing a couple of these especially a rework of crushing blows.
Pretty much sums it up.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
New story, new characters, new stages, friendships, AND a complete gameplay overhaul? I don't see that happening, but I imagine they'll have adjustments to alter the game's meta.
Its not like the people who work on generating art assets and mocap have anything to do with the gameplay balance and mechanics, they are different people. I could easily see big changes happening.

I have very little faith in nrs at this point. i would definitely like some major gameplay changes but they probably crankin this out maybe 2 more characters down the raod and they're done

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Its not like the people who work on generating art assets and mocap have anything to do with the gameplay balance and mechanics, they are different people. I could easily see big changes happening.
That's fair, but I imagine those people also have been wrapped up in developing the new characters. I'm just saying I don't expect the game to be fundamentally altered, just retuned and rebalanced

The biggest MKX overhaul was the removal of 1-bar armored launchers and a stamina penalty for getting hit out of run.

So I expect to see a similar change on a "universal" level like that, probably for wakeup rolls and breakaway or something, but definitely nothing bigger than that.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I hope so. I still want more things in training mode like hitbox shaders, real lag simulator where you can set the lag or spikes like Tekken and dbfz. Training mode is really good now but it can be better too.

A mortal Kombat jukebox witch classic Dan Fordan music and others.

Armour breaks in specials like Spawn where you get a reward on the read of a launcher or extension mid air. I still think breakers would've been good to have in this game if there was one more bar of defensive meter.

Maybe universal normals because it seems mostly everyone has a 7f d1. It's would be nice & make sense to universally make 1's, 2's, 3's & 4's reasonably have the same frames. I believe mk9 had universal normals across the board.

Still I think a massive patch is on the way.

I can only hope for a miracle with a side of make a wish upon a star buffs for my boi Shao Kahn and his mistress Skarlet.

Last edited: