What's new

MK10 Liu Kang ideas/suggestions?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Anyone else think it would be cool to have a story in MK10 where a new realm is incorporated? That way 5-6 new characters can easily be put in to the game. Completely new/original moves, different play styles, back stories, etc. Then for all the Kang users, maybe a "new Kang" can be used. Similar play style but new moves, new name, and new look.
It would be nice to see a new realm we haven't yet heard of. It goes without saying (even though I'm saying it now! lol) that new characters (apart from the MK4/Deadly Alliance cast) are more than welcome.
But I'm really curious to see what "new" characters could be produced by the minds of the 40-45 year old MK designers(team leaders). The 90's lame and endless ninja production (due to memory limits that characters actually got a strong back-story later on, like Noob Saibot) turned into the 00's monster/whatever-like production (Drahmin, Moloch, Blaze, Onaga and so on) and that's the main reason I lack trust in the NRStudios team. I wish they had meetings with die-hard MK fans that actually love the game. If that would be the case, the world would have never seen the monstrosity that MK:Annihilation was... :/

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
Oh, and he needs his turkey gobble back.
As far as game mechanics go, he needs to be more technical. Liu Kang is wayyy too easy to use. If I didn't <3 Liu so much, I would have dropped him instantly from boredom.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
As far as game mechanics go, he needs to be more technical. Liu Kang is wayyy too easy to use. If I didn't <3 Liu so much, I would have dropped him instantly from boredom.
Don't say he is easy to use. This isn't MK1 with >>High punch kind of stuff. Getting your ass kicked by zoners and them trembling with fear when the Shaolin gets close and there's nothing but wall behind... That's priceless! I also think that Kang is among the top-5 players that force rage quits online (I still give the No1 position to Noob Saibot though!) and never forget the dragon stance cancels... So stylish! I agree with you that there's nothing fancy about him since he has not many options like Kung Lao for instance, but don't you get love it when people are on their toes when they don't know where the next hit is coming from? I mean, I put Kang 2nd only to Cages pressure, but Cage's close-up game is based on the greatest part in frame traps, not unpredictability and high/low mix-ups. If Kang had an extra USABLE block string and maybe 2extra active parry frames, it would be a whole different thing... Don't you agree ? :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This. Thank you, noble Pony.

For the fucking ridiculous destruction he causes, he gets it for way too little effort, IMO.
I'm not saying he's an easy mode character, not if you're gonna commit to him and really make the effort to master him, but he's no Kabal as far as the technical handiness it takes to use him. No.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Faster normals.
More mix-up options.
1 frame Parry.
Needs moar Bruce-Lee screams.
I'm missing something. I just know it...
Let's not forget: A knee reset that lands the opponent on his after juggling, denying him the opportunity to wake-up attack, an Akuma-like Xray/special that the screen goes black and the opponent looks like he was struck by Chuck Norris, a 1-2frame parry that starts a juggling combo (much like his enhanced parry), bicycle kick that when blocked, it has a push-back much like early Kung Lao's spin and an invincible flame teleport (he already has one, when he wins a round he turns into flames and goes back 3feet). :p

Beast3

Theres No Escape
But I'm really curious to see what "new" characters could be produced by the minds of the 40-45 year old MK designers(team leaders). The 90's lame and endless ninja production (due to memory limits that characters actually got a strong back-story later on, like Noob Saibot) turned into the 00's monster/whatever-like production (Drahmin, Moloch, Blaze, Onaga and so on) and that's the main reason I lack trust in the NRStudios team. I wish they had meetings with die-hard MK fans that actually love the game. If that would be the case, the world would have never seen the monstrosity that MK:Annihilation was... :/
Meet with die hard MK fans or people who have an understanding of developing a good/ interesting character. Young people who have wild imaginations for example. Just give them a place the characters come from, maybe a couple guidelines like male/female, good/evil, martial arts style. etc, and let them come up with something amazing.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
Don't say he is easy to use. This isn't MK1 with >>High punch kind of stuff. Getting your ass kicked by zoners and them trembling with fear when the Shaolin gets close and there's nothing but wall behind... That's priceless! I also think that Kang is among the top-5 players that force rage quits online (I still give the No1 position to Noob Saibot though!) and never forget the dragon stance cancels... So stylish! I agree with you that there's nothing fancy about him since he has not many options like Kung Lao for instance, but don't you get love it when people are on their toes when they don't know where the next hit is coming from? I mean, I put Kang 2nd only to Cages pressure, but Cage's close-up game is based on the greatest part in frame traps, not unpredictability and high/low mix-ups. If Kang had an extra USABLE block string and maybe 2extra active parry frames, it would be a whole different thing... Don't you agree ? :)
I never said Kang wasn't good. IMO he's a top 10 character. He's just soooo booorinnngggg.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I hope they bring back Smoke, Sub at least and integrate Tremor and Skarlet into the story

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I hope they bring back Smoke, Sub at least and integrate Tremor and Skarlet into the story
I'm with you on both Smoke AND Subby Wubby... But if they follow this timeline, we get to have Cyber Sub Zero... Not the regular one... :( Of it is difficult to explain the comeback of -i got my neck twisted-Smoke, not so difficult for the "i fixed it! it's working again" Cyber Sub... As for Tremor, it would be nice to see fan-made characters that for so long we heard of but did not see officially... Like him and Hydro!