What's new

MK1 Wiki Started

dreemernj

Ambassador
I added a blurb for Amiga but have to get my emu running again to pull it apart really. Now that I've looked at it again and see how shitty a port of the Sega versions it is, I am not all that thrilled.

Wish I could get the freaking Game.com emu working :(

There is tons of spelling errors throughout the whole thing. It's just ded's engrish. I'm sure it will be fixed in time.

Anyways hey I was reading through it and there was some killer info. Long live MK1. I learned some things :D

ded

Elder God
yeah, sorry about that LOL its not my first language so... hopefuly mike or shock fix it when they can :D

i'm waiting dreemer to fix one stuff for the mk1 genesis page and i will post some other mk1 console reviews too

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah I've got a lot to add. I've been playing MK on Amiga a little bit to try it out and that depressed me out of posting more for now.

How is Johnny Cage playable in the Gameboy version of MK1?

I read that you need a GameGenie but how does this work? Technically he is in the game, programmed and everything??? They just didn't add him selectable for some reason?

I am just curious to why and how

ded

Elder God
Iori9 said:
I am interested in seeing the Revision Differences. :!:
the console differences from arcade are listed at the beginning of each review as for the actual arcade revisions i will try to cover them when i start the arcade review.

Iori9 said:
How is Johnny Cage playable in the Gameboy version of MK1?

I read that you need a GameGenie but how does this work? Technically he is in the game, programmed and everything??? They just didn't add him selectable for some reason?

I am just curious to why and how
i cant say for sure, but yeah, i think he was puted originaly and lately removed for some reason (probably to add goro lol)

ZAQ

Noob
Wow, so they decided to take cage out of this game?

Ohh yeah, I'm sure nobody will notice.

their is some errors in the MK1 gameboy move list. First one that shot out at me was Sonya's Leg Grab.

Sonya's Leg grab is D,D BLK (not D,B)

I'm pretty sure there was some more listed that was a little bit incorrect. I am going to test out and come back and let you know what else is wrong.

Oops I messed up. It is simply just D, BLK to do her leg grab. It is a weird move you have to do the blk fast after the 1 down. Unlike every other move in the game where you have to do everything slow lol

and sonya's wave punch is FBBF not FBBP

Ok, ignore those last 2 posts because it got fixed by Dreemer in the other thread.

Here is one more tidbit of info on MK1 Gameboy. It is a glitch that ruins what little gameplay MK1 gameboy had lol.

Its a projectile glitch. Kano, Sonya, Liu Kang and Raiden can perform this glitch. What you do is shoot a projectile from anywhere on the screen. While the damage is draining, simply throw a punch out in the air. Extra damage is now taken from the projectile, it equals to about uppercut damage. It doesn't matter if you are full screen distance away or not, you just punch the air and the guy takes extra damage lol. You also get extra points from the punch as well. Subzero and Scorpion cannot do this glitch for obvious reasons. Goro cannot do this glitch and it also cannot be performed against Goro or Shang Tsung (unless Shang morphs). The opponent must be standing grounded for the glitch to work. If you hit them with the projectile while they are in the air, the glitch will not work.

Glitch works with
Kano - Yes
Raiden - Yes
Sonya - Yes
Liu Kang - Yes
SubZero - No
Scorpion - No
Goro - No

Against Shang and Goro - No

dreemernj

Ambassador
Wow, very cool glitch find. The game must switch the opponent into a "getting hit mode" and checks the attacker for what they are doing to see how much damage to take away. And if you are punching while the are in "getitng hit mode" it must assume the punch put them into that mode. That's pretty hilarious.