What's new

MK1 Strategy Guide

ded

Elder God
Due the popularity of glitch jabs i decided to test how they will effect in MK1. Seems very unbalanced for some characters here, and imo it changes the Tier list:

1. Sonya
2. Cage (almost untouchable)
3. Scorpion (or 4)
4. Liu Kang (or 3)
5. Sub-Zero
6. Kano (bad luck stopping glitch jabs, duck game lose against them)
7. Raiden

This is just my suggestions, so everyone could post theirs. I will make some changes in the character guides when i could find time and one long post why i think the tier list should be like this.

Lol, I know peeps are using this in umk and even in mk2 for w while now....but dont infect mk1 with this shit ded_ =_= (jk) ! People will start asking what this is and using this crappy bug, wich totaly corrupts the fun in gameplay!
And for everyone who dont know what glitch jabbing is: Its where u hold block all the time while doing jabs (hp, lp). its perfect safe bet , since literaly everything other dude does, u can block it 100%.
Basicly u cant do shit in game while doing this, but standing still in the game doing this glitch, but its total asswipping gameplay. In my experience, i can see if someone is doing this and not actualy kara jabs in 98% of the time,,, but u cant know for sure all the time.
This corrupts the high level in many ways, instead of winning from true kara jabs gameplay where skills is needed.

Yes the tier list have never been final,changes could be made anytime.Good stuff on the info tho.Imo kano should be before sub-zero.

Vert

Noob
Dreadish said:
Lol, I know peeps are using this in umk and even in mk2 for w while now....but dont infect mk1 with this shit ded_ =_= (jk) ! People will start asking what this is and using this crappy bug, wich totaly corrupts the fun in gameplay!
And for everyone who dont know what glitch jabbing is: Its where u hold block all the time while doing jabs (hp, lp). its perfect safe bet , since literaly everything other dude does, u can block it 100%.
Basicly u cant do shit in game while doing this, but standing still in the game doing this glitch, but its total asswipping gameplay. In my experience, i can see if someone is doing this and not actualy kara jabs in 98% of the time,,, but u cant know for sure all the time.
This corrupts the high level in many ways, instead of winning from true kara jabs gameplay where skills is needed.
Hah, I'm alive:p And who told you about this broken shit years ago, huh? ;)

I agree with scorpion #3 and with Soultaker - Kano should be higher.

In my personal opinion it should be banned. However sometimes at really high level play, like I was playing with Dreadish a few (or maybe many;) months back, it's really hard to tell if someone is using this bug. After a few fights you start simply predicting when your opponent is going to d+lk (or something else). When you block it 3-5 times in a row while jabbing you can assume the other person's cheating? Not quite...
I remember that at some point we started saying:
- Don't use that shit!
- I'm not, ur using it all time!
- blablabla LMB!

Vert said:
Hah, I'm alive:p
When you block it 3-5 times in a row while jabbing you can assume the other person's cheating? Not quite...
Youre dead-i killed you LMB =_= ! Anyway This goes mostly only when both players know high level kara jabs gameplay. Thats when it gets confusing. I remmember the time when we played and when u said i used it, that its impossible too be that fast .... in the scenario when u jk at me with ninja, i did kara jab right before u hit me and i blocked your jk. Of course i knew i used only fast kara jab cancel at that point, i was just that fast - but how can u know for sure right? U just cant, when it comes to players who play high level kara jabs, cause they are simply that fast with no bug. Thats why it should be banned! LMB