What's new

MK1 Online Stress Test Registration - June 23rd-26th

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Pretty great so far.

I played someone with a 290 ping and it was essentially playable, if not a wonderful experience. Pings under 100 are smooth.

The lack of stick support is present on the Series X as well. Even on the controller, the game feels great (I'm really not used to it, so that's saying something). The simple combos shown on K&Ms Subby breakdown work very well, and I'm able to do some silly stuff with kameos.

I'll install on my Series S this weekend to check out performance.

@1man3letters I feel your pain; one thing I didn't anticipate was the lack of being able to remap the Controller (If anyone has found a way, please let me know). Instead of the default 1,2,3,4, I play with 2,3,1,4 and swap Throw and Kameo. So playing on the default config for me is... alien.

How does the game feel like? Mk9, Mkx, Mk11, something completely different? A mix of mkx and mk9?
In different respects, a mix of all three NetherRealm Studios Mortal Kombat games, but with new things as well.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm gonna be real. The first few matches I played while I was getting used to it I really did not like the game like at all but as I've gotten more comfortable playing it. It's gotten way better. I think a lot of people are gonna hit an initial hurdle of there's so much shit and you feel overwhelmed.

I really like it so far. I just wish I had a training mode with refilling meters so I could practice combos lol. The klassic towers in very easy work okay for that but it's not the same.

I've won most of my matches online though. Apparently there's a fuck ton of people that are struggling to retrain their brains too.

Liu Kang has high damage from simple strings.
His B23 starts mid is 10 frames and launches. You can do mk9 Liu and loop the string 3 times on the ground if you want too.

I did this string and it was 306 damage. No Kameo

B23, Jump. Air134, BF1.
I think that's a smidge high for basically zero effort lol.

I've played the most with Sub-Zero though but my personal opinion is that Liu is by far the easiest character in the build to play.

What!? I had no idea that was happening. Congrats bro
I completely lucked out. I decided to jump onto Mustard's stream randomly and then Jandy just dropped 7 PS5 codes. I tried putting them into the WB playtest section first then realised they were straight for PS5 redemption. So I went through one by one pasting them in logged into the PlayStation site. Only 1 was left that hadn't been redeemed!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The game felt suuuuper stiff for the first hour or two, but now that I’m breaking into it, it’s starting to feel pretty smooth.

Switching characters definitely helps too. Ive been playing Liu basically all day, but I’m trying some of the kitana stuff on twitter and everything feels so natural with her

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I've not played yet but the movement looks horrible. I was watching a Sub player dashing in to combo after a full screen freeze and my god its like NRS learned nothing about how much people hate their clunky movement

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I've not played yet but the movement looks horrible. I was watching a Sub player dashing in to combo after a full screen freeze and my god its like NRS learned nothing about how much people hate their clunky movement
People hated the clunky movement in MK9, then MKX had run, which IMO was perfect. Apparently, people hate running as well, so they returned to wavedashing in MK11. Apparently people hated that too, so we have nerfed wavedashing now, yay.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying this so far. Only issue I see is the speed could be upped slightly but to me it feels more fluid than MK11 was. Getting rid of variations was 100% the right move imo. These characters feel so fleshed out and full of flashy options. Can't wait to see some Kombat Kast reveals and for the full game to release!! :D

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I'm still not a fan of the floaty jumps IMO, I miss the flip jumps
We've already seen that animation with Kano in MKX - he had that wonky jump across the air lol
IMO they are too slow. It should've been a fast flip (roll like) and they should fall quicker, but I guess it was designed so that air juggles are easier?

about the graphics difference on different systems again: i noticed that johnnys pool has varying content: sometimes there are 2 big, detailed playstic animals, sometimes a rather simple rubber duck and a pool noodle. i suppose the latter are series s or low settings pc.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
about the graphics difference on different systems again: i noticed that johnnys pool has varying content: sometimes there are 2 big, detailed playstic animals, sometimes a rather simple rubber duck and a pool noodle. i suppose the latter are series s or low settings pc.
The pool toys change depending on whether you're playing on the day or night variant of the stage.

watched series s stream and couldn’t see any differences in the stages but need a direct comparison

itd be odd for mk to be the same quality on both when street fighter is taking background characters out of the stages on series s

I don’t really get why 2d stages would need to be that demanding but I’m no expert

itd be odd for mk to be the same quality on both when street fighter is taking background characters out of the stages on series s
Digital Foundry was surprised at some of the Series S compromises in Street Fighter VI (the implication was Capcom didn't optimize the game well for that platform, though they didn't come out and say it). So it's possible NetherRealm simply did a far better job optimizing Mortal Kombat 1 or the game is less demanding on the hardware.