What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Gameplay reveal of Scorpion or someone getting a double flawless on the Pit...:eek:
That would be unbelievably hype!!! Sadly, I doubt NRS would ever have the intelligence to do this. Like, never in a million years. Oh, now look, here's MK1 reptile with a tail and naked and drooling because fuck you he was never a cool stylish secret spy ninja.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Monster Reptile is so much better than ninja reptile. It isn't even a content. Just like Tremor was upgraded into something better. MK dose no need yet another ninja. Making him a monster allows the devs to actually make cool additions to gameplay and move sets. I hope we never seen human reptile ever again, even as a skin.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Monster Reptile is so much better than ninja reptile. It isn't even a content. Just like Tremor was upgraded into something better. MK dose no need yet another ninja. Making him a monster allows the devs to actually make cool additions to gameplay and move sets. I hope we never seen human reptile ever again, even as a skin.
That's cool bro, I just respectfully disagree. I'm glad someone else likes the current iteration of Reptiles we've been having though.

Anyways, is there any info on how much time Boon will get on the event to present MK1? I remember back in MK9 he hosted a stage demo in E3 showing around 12 mins of gameplay which was quite cool at the time.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
everything looked shit back then... the concept is what is cool.. not some tomb raider polygon ugly mess from the late 90s
The concept is what is cool? As in this concept??

Hard disagree. Many concepts and ideas from the 3D era were great, but this version of lizard Reptile is pretty universally hated -concept and execution equally. It's just bad and silly looking, looks like a TMNT villain.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Big Disagree.

His best designs are in between the monster/human where he still has his ninja look but you can tell he's a saurian.

But a big part of his history is he disguises himself.

personally, I would like him to be human but when he amps his specials he morphs into his true form during those animations and then morphs back into his disguise.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Big Disagree.

His best designs are in between the monster/human where he still has his ninja look but you can tell he's a saurian.

But a big part of his history is he disguises himself.

personally, I would like him to be human but when he amps his specials he morphs into his true form during those animations and then morphs back into his disguise.
I think Reptile has looked the best he has ever looked in MKSM. That design for him was sick. Honestly, I loved a lot of the MKSM designs. Sub-Zero's especially and I'm surprised we haven't seen similar designs since.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I don't understand the reasoning of people saying NRS are being greedy/unreasonable asking people to preorder without showing gameplay. I mean, you can choose NOT to preorder until you see some gameplay, right? I haven't preordered yet but most likely will do so on June 8th.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah, it's not like there's a tight pre-order window or anything. I just think people find it morally dubious. I don't really care either way cause I'm going to be pre-ordering later since it's expensive AF in Canada, and I want the Premium edition. The only reason I think most MK fans wouldn't pre-order, other than money, is gameplay. Like if it's now suddenly, idk, back to block and quick link anime-like combos.

I don't really care either way cause I'm going to be pre-ordering later since it's expensive AF in Canada...
Yeah, $139.99 Canadian for the Premium Edition. What I'm doing is banking those Microsoft Rewards to help. I earn a $5.00 Xbox gift card about every 2 months, so hoping to have about $15.00 by the time I preorder.

On an aside, looking forward to hearing you opinions on Diablo IV (I'm waiting about a year before I pick it up). You getting it on PC or PlayStation 5?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah, $139.99 Canadian for the Premium Edition. What I'm doing is banking those Microsoft Rewards to help. I earn a $5.00 Xbox gift card about every 2 months, so hoping to have about $15.00 by the time I preorder.

On an aside, looking forward to hearing you opinions on Diablo IV (I'm waiting about a year before I pick it up). You getting it on PC or PlayStation 5?
I'm getting diablo on PC! Really loved the beta, but now I'm wondering if I should get SF6 and get in the FG spirit or play Diablo lmao.

Kokoko

Somehow
I don't understand the reasoning of people saying NRS are being greedy/unreasonable asking people to preorder without showing gameplay. I mean, you can choose NOT to preorder until you see some gameplay, right? I haven't preordered yet but most likely will do so on June 8th.
Some people complain not because they have a reason, but just because they want to complain. Like you don't need to have a high IQ to understand that nothing has changed since the game became available for pre-order. If you were going to pre-order only after you saw the gameplay, then you will do it regardless of whether the game is in the store. If you're going to buy the game anyway, even before the gameplay is shown, you'll do it. There is no person who would think: "Okay, I'll wait for the gameplay and then ... Oh shit! The game is available for pre-order. I'm buying now, I have no choice".
Same with kameos. "Dude, kameos are so stupid, the worst NRS decision to date. I hate it so much. How do they work? Without a freaking clue."

And if on topic. I hope that this will not be just a trailer, but that Ed will talk a little about the mechanics and the game. I think there will be 2-3 stages and 5-6 characters in the trailer. Also, I won't be surprised if they show a completely new character for the series.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
post this crap in the leak thread... that is what it is there for, so people can easily avoid them.. many of us hate leaks and even the thumbnails these arseholes use give away shit.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It's not confirmed and probably bull, but I agree @xenogorgeous maybe just put the video in spoiler tags, unless it's in the spoiler thread specifically. <3

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Posted by Tom Brady, if what he is saying ends up to be true, we're in for a ride :DOGE
Can't wait for June 8, specially because I'm a delusional fuck