What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Two weeks with no info is rough, I was hoping we would get ANYTHING tomorrow but you can’t really do character reveals without gameplay
Good point, plus we probably won't get any Kombat Kasts until after the gameplay reveal either. They might reveal character key art and stuff, don't remember how they revealed characters for MK11.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Good point, plus we probably won't get any Kombat Kasts until after the gameplay reveal either. They might reveal character key art and stuff, don't remember how they revealed characters for MK11.
Off the top of my head I think D'Vorah was revealed with just a render, but everybody else either got their own trailer or were in a big story trailer or something.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I was hoping for some gameplay tomorrow but eh, it could be much worse than just another 2 weeks. Plus, it gives them a little more time to polish their presentation, which is always good.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
agreed 100% ... so , fuck this, lol ! NRS enjoys to torture us regarding MK news, :mad:

so, June 8 then, we can wait until there, at least, they gave a date and time for the gameplay reveal

The Kombat Kasts will come up next, since, they have only 16 weeks to show everything, so, we can expect a bunch of stuff come up after the gameplay trailer ;)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So close to an actual launch in September, a beta in August, so that probably means after the reveal in June they'll get on a rocketship with updates because you still need a good amount of hype time. Great time to be FG fan and MK fan.
yep, so, until June 8th, I think , since SF6 will come up on June 2nd, so, just burn time with Ryu and Chun Li, until there !

Pizza

Thrill Kill
LOL

Klassic WB, show CG trailer and open preorders, "preorder everyone! preorder the amazing Kombat Pack 1!"

-Show no gameplay
-Show no Kombat Pack (thanks Amazon Italy)
-Explain nothing about the new mechanics
-Wait until the Dorito Pope show to see something

WB didn't want us to forget the Mortal Kombat marketing experience!

And worst of all now I'm doomed to use a Mokap avatar for who knows how long! Might as well start now

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
LOL

Klassic WB, show CG trailer and open preorders, "preorder everyone! preorder the amazing Kombat Pack 1!"

-Show no gameplay
-Show no Kombat Pack (thanks Amazon Italy)
-Explain nothing about the new mechanics
-Wait until the Dorito Pope show to see something

WB didn't want us to forget the Mortal Kombat marketing experience!

And worst of all now I'm doomed to use a Mokap avatar for who knows how long! Might as well start now
LMAO LET'S GO MOKAP.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Everytime they seem to get better with their marketing dates we are reminded that they didn't get any better...

I still remember that 3 month drought with no news from MKX whatsoever...

Wish they show at least something story related tomorrow but for now June 8th it is

subzert

Frozen Soul
3 weeks between announcement and gameplay is pretty bad with the promise of packed marketing campaign.

Greedy WB games started pre-orders without so much as showing screenshots.

On top of that they made a pretty mediocre Kollector's edition with that simple 3D printed statue. I would have atleast gone for a premium edition but that didn't include a steel book case and came with not too easy on the eyes golden boxart. Sitting on a standard edition now. Hopefully the komplete edition will have a better Kollector's edition.

Last edited: