What's new

MK1 Character Guides

DAVE101 said:
ded_ said:
Throw Defense:

Hold "Back" and you will not be thrown. Up+Back, Down+Back, Down+Back+Block also works. Many people complain about throws, but throw prevention is pretty easy in MK, and it's been this way from MK1 through MK4. In MK1 there is a way for throws to not be escapable if someone did it to you after you got some move (whiff backwards shadow kick, crouch kick, etc).
Then how does the freeze+throw infinite work?
this infinite works(like it's described in ded_'s guide) throwing and without changing your stance after the throw you must perform qiuckly the freeze 8)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wonder if you could set up a really nice cross up throw scenario for the freeze inf

ded

Elder God
freeze, throw, freeze into corner, jk, rh, lk is a really good dmg against some characters if you manage to get the throw-freeze part

Shaney

Noob
ded_ said:
freeze, throw, freeze into corner, jk, rh, lk is a really good dmg against some characters if you manage to get the throw-freeze part
how do u come up with all this stuff ded? :shock:

ShaneyMcGrady1 said:
ded_ said:
how do u come up with all this stuff ded? :shock:
It's magic... :wink: "you know the deal this s*** is real" :D

Shaney

Noob
oh i know it is, its just crazy to me how he even went back and made a MK1 combo video, i mean, who would of thought to do that? that video was awesome by the way.

ded

Elder God
i recorded videos for the mk1 guide like they were for umk3 guide and tell shock and dreemernj that its done to put it on the site + the vids (with you tube links)... hopefuly it will be done until next few years...

ded

Elder God
lol yeah, thanks for your help to explore them. the first post is also updated with links for easier navigation, thanks ****.

ded

Elder God
something interesting me and scheisse noticed while playing MKII is that sometimes after blocked c. hk for example you cant block the opp's throw. that often happens when you play vs cpu, and in mk1 you can block cpu's throw, but i still cant confirm if this will work vs opps too

Yeah I still think it's part of the whole "CPU pwns j00" programming of the first couple games, especially on home consoles.

Sega Genesis MK3 anyone?

ded_ said:
something interesting me and scheisse noticed while playing MKII is that sometimes after blocked c. hk for example you cant block the opp's throw. that often happens when you play vs cpu, and in mk1 you can block cpu's throw, but i still cant confirm if this will work vs opps too
why the hell would you use a c.hk if its not for anti-air, in mk2.

ded

Elder God
thanks to Dreadish today we found new real infinite with Raiden. It works in all revisions, a torpedo that interrupts foe's special move leads to infinite torpedos one after another! if done fast enough the opponent cant recovery and its completely unblockable.

RAIDEN FTW LOL

Mariso

Noob
I was planning to reg here before, well i guess i did now lol - welcome me :) We tried mostly in block possition standing or being ducked - i think Ded will know better but i think its unblockable in the same way as position after rayden,s throw just this time it can be done infinite with torpedo! :)

ded_ said:
thanks to Dreadish today we found new real infinite with Raiden. It works in all revisions, a torpedo that interrupts foe's special move leads to infinite torpedos one after another! if done fast enough the opponent cant recovery and its completely unblockable.

RAIDEN FTW LOL
hmmm,weird....i guess if this works everytime it will be used a lot by some people...

Scheisse said:
ded_ said:

RAIDEN FTW LOL
I knew that was possible in Proto, and I thought it was in 5.0
Can you interrupt the knockdown with a projectile or other move?
Remember when you did this to me?

Scheisse said:
ÐarkMoon said:
Scheisse said:
ded_ said:

RAIDEN FTW LOL
I knew that was possible in Proto, and I thought it was in 5.0
Can you interrupt the knockdown with a projectile or other move?
Remember when you did this to me?
yeah haha, gotta love that screamin bastard
haha, I was trying to block :(

ded

Elder God
its completely unblockable if done right. there is a frame state for stand up block only where you can block the next hit (it blocks even broken throw setup).