What's new

MK Writer Shawn Kittelsen - discussing cancelled comics and Onaga story line.

Great stuff, really hope an artist finds a way to make OnaGoro a reality! I do wonder how a guy who seems genuinely interesting in giving people a backstory, making relationships real and authentic, could've possibly been involved in Shao Kahn going from evil mastermind to braindead executioner with rape tendencies, for Sindel to go from loving mother to a slut who's pure evil and vile, for Kotal Kahn to go from powerful to useless jobber etc.

Lokheit

Noob
Great stuff, really hope an artist finds a way to make OnaGoro a reality! I do wonder how a guy who seems genuinely interesting in giving people a backstory, making relationships real and authentic, could've possibly been involved in Shao Kahn going from evil mastermind to braindead executioner with rape tendencies, for Sindel to go from loving mother to a slut who's pure evil and vile, for Kotal Kahn to go from powerful to useless jobber etc.
Exactly my thoughts. I liked his comics a lot and couldn't believe he was involved on those aberrations. Shao and Sindel looked like sadistic teenagers with lots of cringe and the whole story had a lot of bad storytelling and deux ex machina situations.

How was she a slut?

Great to see how some of those plot arcs were meant to go, even if they're not canon now. The original comic series was fun, despite having some pretty big plot holes.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
How was she a slut?
She wasn't. People just wanna be big mad about her retcon so they'll call fictional characters mean names cause they've got nothing better to do lmao.

I saw someone call Ellie from The Last of Us a bitch for the sole fact that someone said her character has been through so much pain. Idk man it's bitterness ig. I love MK for the story. I'm not a competitive player. But people get so damn invested in these characters where they feel the need to call them sluts or bitches like it's so sad and it's REALLY not that deep in any way shape or form. People are dying IRL but nah, let me show how bad my mommy issues are and complain about this fictional character cause she betrayed her fictional daughter with her fictional meanie butt husband.

Wrong, she was a slut for killing her husband and betraying her own people and daughter so she could fuck a powerful evil dude in Shao Kahn to share in his power. She married him for her own personal gain. If that's not a slut then I don't know what is. They also proceeded to make her flirt with various characters.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Goronaga would be CRAZY.
I was always under the impression that Reptile was the ideal vessel for Onaga because they were both Zaterran in origin, but that would be one hell of a way to reimagine the Dragon King if it happened.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Wrong, she was a slut for killing her husband and betraying her own people and daughter so she could fuck a powerful evil dude in Shao Kahn to share in his power. She married him for her own personal gain. If that's not a slut then I don't know what is. They also proceeded to make her flirt with various characters.
Why does it have to be so overly sexual?

Like...eww, man.
I hated the Sindel retcon (except the "Husband!" "Wife!" moment, that was hilarious) because of how it undermined the groundwork of the story of Mortal Kombat itself, but that's what an Evil Sindel would do: take power and be Kahn's woman.

Goronaga would be CRAZY.
I was always under the impression that Reptile was the ideal vessel for Onaga because they were both Zaterran in origin, but that would be one hell of a way to reimagine the Dragon King if it happened.
Onaga was the embodiment of the Dragon King so he’s only Zaterran due to Reptile being his vessel.
Goro would be perfect since he’s actually part dragon :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Onaga was the embodiment of the Dragon King so he’s only Zaterran due to Reptile being his vessel.
Goro would be perfect since he’s actually part dragon :)
That's a fact. I forgot that about the Shokan. Now the more I think about it, the more I hope it ends up happening down the line. Shokan are also subterranean, so if they still did the "find the egg inside the volcano" bit like in Deadly Alliance, it'd make a good deal of sense to have the fella whose race lives underground be the new person to get it.
Yep, I am onboard for this. #TeamGoronaga

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
And I hope Shujinko makes an appearance too if thats the case... I somehow want him to be redeemed because I think MKD Konquest was probably the best game mode (with the Chess Kombat) and I have so many memories

Last edited: