What's new

MK Gold Max Damage Inconsistencies?

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
@ded Your comment explains why the second combo works, but not why the first combo does not. Is the max damage condition different in MKG? Is it at 40% instead of >40% like in MK4?

ded

Elder God
Kai and Reiko had different damage properties in MK Gold and MK4 (at least in N64 version, from what I remember).

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Kai and Reiko had different damage properties in MK Gold and MK4 (at least in N64 version, from what I remember).
The first combo says 40% on the damage counter in MK4 and MKG. Maybe its a rounding thing I guess

ded

Elder God
Yep, you will notice very, very strange things if you start digging into mk4/mkg mechanics lol

Last edited:

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
@ded This is gonna sound stupid but I think I found the problem. I redid this combo on different roms and found that it worked on some but not others.

Mortal Kombat Gold (US)(Re-release)[DCCM].cdi - Combo hits max damage at 40%
Mortal Kombat Gold (Europe).chd - Combo Works
Mortal Kombat Gold (USA).chd - Combo Works
Mortal Kombat Gold (USA) (Rev 1).chd - Combo Works

I am assuming the Mortal Kombat Gold (Europe).chd and Mortal Kombat Gold (USA).chd roms are revision 2? This is weird LMAO

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I also just found that the combo does not work for P2 on Mortal Kombat Gold (Europe).chd

ded

Elder God
I am not much into pre-releases (i.e. Yellow and Blue Disc versions), but as mentioned, it matters how aaLP/aaHP hits. Also, some combos work only from the player's side of the screen (example is SUJK, Weapon Throw).

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I am not much into pre-releases (i.e. Yellow and Blue Disc versions), but as mentioned, it matters how aaLP/aaHP hits. Also, some combos work only from the player's side of the screen (example is SUJK, Weapon Throw).
How can I tell which version I am playing? I know the Blue Disc has the blue dreamcast logo on the title screen. The rerelease cdi I have has the MK Gold logo on the Sega title screen (I am assuming this is Rev 2). Are all of the other roms without these distinguishing features rev 1?

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
And usually the combos not working is due to gravity

ded

Elder God
Blue Disc - Has blue dreamcast logo at MK Gold Title Screen
Yellow Disc - Sektor can Teleport Infinite
Red Disc - The one I use for combos
PAL - Feels a little slower than NTSC (not sure how many PAL versions are released)

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Blue Disc - Has blue dreamcast logo at MK Gold Title Screen
Yellow Disc - Sektor can Teleport Infinite
Red Disc - The one I use for combos
PAL - Feels a little slower than NTSC (not sure how many PAL versions are released)
Interesting, the rom fightcade uses is marked rev 1, but Sektor's teleport locks after 4 hits. So I guess it is actually revision 2 lol

Reactions: ded