18.Kano
19.Blaze
20.Nitara
21.Li Mei
22.Kitana
23.Cyrax

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I think they just wanted to get a lay of the land and outline the things they wanted to have featured in the site, Tom...then go back at a later date when there was more time to add to it, or simply start working on it. That's sorta how we did it on our site, cuz it's too easy to forget stuff and ideas for the site fly thru your head at a million-per-minute sometimes. :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
did anyone even like MKDA?

Reptile... lol... he walked like a fuckin crab in his one fightin style.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
did anyone even like MKDA?

Reptile... lol... he walked like a fuckin crab in his one fightin style.
LOL...people will probably call me weird, but I fucking LOVED MKDA, and I tokk the time to learn EVERYONE's Style-branch combos and played the living HELL outta that game all the way up until MKD was released. My mains were Nitara, Frost and Kano then I considered the rest of the cast as my secondarys.(tee-hee) Meanwhile, my most-played adversary was Scorpion....TOO much Scorpion eventually.

I wish tom would of finished that guide. Hope he knows how ridiculously good it was. I really dont think anyone other then him took the time to analyze it as much as him.

If you havent checked his guide out, you need to:

http://ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?t=2157

I know most of those stances from MKA and MKD, but not even I would have gone into as much detail as him. MKDA is the only game i never bothered to analyze. It was just too hard to go back to after MKD/MKA and when MKDA came out was during my scrub days.

RoGE

Noob
I wish tom would of finished that guide. Hope he knows how ridiculously good it was. I really dont think anyone other then him took the time to analyze it as much as him.
Yeah I agree, MKDA was my 2nd favorite 3D MK but I think the reason why Tom wouldn't finish the guides is because no one really plays this game at a competitive level. MKDC was of course the first.

Its something along those lines, Roge. Yes, i believe he didnt finish it due to lack of interest by the community. Again, i hope tom finishes it, because you shouldnt let that stop you... Just do it for the sake of doing it, and that noone else can or will.

Again, i never bothered to learn MKDA, so i cant talk much about it. I've always considered it my fav of the 3, but like i said, it was just too hard to go back to after all the changes they made in MKD MKA.

I dont agree about MKDC being a competitive game. To me its more of a fun game.

Jago - I forgot about Shang. He was actually the next character i was gonna learn. Id say reps biggest problem is getting around characters like sonya etc who have reversals, since his weapon sucks. And yea, i know you like Kenshi. How come you never posted those arcade ladders? You always told me your kenshi was beast with bdb1 punishing. Would of liked to see it. I was gonna do a few more ladder vids myself. I only did the characters i knew, which is like 4 chars lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
that is a very wise selection. to me rep is the best in the game.
that style is fuckin vicious, dont take it lightly XP

my favs in mkda are kenshi, cyrax, li mei, scorp, shang
Really? Ok... I didn't play that game too much so with taking your words i guess I've earned a new respect for him, but it mainly the appearance of the style... looked goofy. lol

JagoMIH

Noob
yea i just felt bummed about doing it because of that disc problem i told you about....the game works fine pretty much except for when i try to do mavado's 7th konquest mission itll hang at the loading screen...just kinda letdown cuz i cant unlock blaze or mokap and play the game completely....i could still do the other chars tho i guess lol

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Really? Ok... I didn't play that game too much so with taking your words i guess I've earned a new respect for him, but it mainly the appearance of the style... looked goofy. lol
I'll vouch for Jago on that one....Crab-Style was definitely if not one of the best, one of the most annoying and confusing in the game. For some reason I guess because of his low point-of-gravity and the whole awkwardness of it all, it seemed to have a good set of mix-ups and he was very unpredictable from what I remember. Needless to say w/ his 1st style being Hun Gar, although not quite as good as it was in MKA, it still made Reptile quite a force.

RoGE

Noob
taken from here http://ultimatemk.com/vForum/showthread.php?t=40 Go ahead and edit Tim, and clean this thread a little while your at it to. (if you want)

1.Scorpion
2.Bo' Rai Cho
3.Reptile
4.Drahmin
5.Sonya
6.Shang Tsung
7.Hsu Hao
8.Mavado
9.Frost
10.Jax
11.Quan Chi
12.Raiden
13.Mokap
14.Johnny Cage
15.Kenshi
16.Kung Lao
17.Sub-Zero
18.Kano
19.Blaze
20.Nitara
21.Li Mei
22.Kitana
23.Cyrax

Thank you guys soooo much for bringing this back up to par! I'd just like to say thanks to Tim for using his valuable time in creating this wonderful guide to one of the best MK games alive. I'm ecstatic to find out that people rather then myself that took the time out and analyzed the whole prospect of MKDA. I'd like to thank Tim for playing the game and liking it rather then not playing the game and saying it sucks. Farthermore, why is Drahmin in the top 5?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thank you guys soooo much for bringing this back up to par! I'd just like to say thanks to Tim for using his valuable time in creating this wonderful guide to one of the best MK games alive. I'm ecstatic to find out that people rather then myself that took the time out and analyzed the whole prospect of MKDA. I'd like to thank Tim for playing the game and liking it rather then not playing the game and saying it sucks. Farthermore, why is Drahmin in the top 5?
Tim strongly dislikes the game and doesnt play it. TOM wrote this guide, likes the game, etc.

PS- the game DOES suck, get over it. (but it is the best of the 3 3D Mk's of last generation)

I posted plenty of MKDC videos in the Video Vault. Feel free to check them out:

http://mortalkombatempires.com/forum/showthread.php?1538-Check-s-MKDA-Arcade-Ladders-on-MAX-Difficulty

I played as player 2 in the matches, and really, MKDA is the only 3D game where the camera shifts after a popup forcing it to miss. Not a lot of combos work. Really what i am trying to say is MKDA established a good base, but needs a lot of improvement. Of all the 3D MK games, player 2 is built the worst, and it is a testament to the overall lack of build in the game. It needed a lot of work. The only time the camera shifts for player 2 is ONLINE for MKD and MKA. Anyone who has played MKD/MKA Online can tell you about the annoyances of camera shifting, so that the best combo you could do is popup, then a uppercut. Even then, you're lucky if the uppercut tracks.

With that said, MKDA cannot be played at a high level. The imbalances between player 1 and player 2 are far too great to even care about, let along the game being far from a finished stage (MKD was the finished stage. MKA improved on it). Retarded stances like Pi Gua, Yuan Yang, Crab etc are far too unbalanced. Big characters can block every combo mid-way through and interupt, etc. The game is a broken, unfinished mess.

Everyone has their own preference for which game they like. Noone can tell you which game is better because THATS YOUR DECISION. When it comes down to game design, you look to improve on games each time you make them. Without question, MKA is the best of 3 in my honest opinion. Not here to debate. Just throw in my 2 cents.

Carry on, and enjoy the videos i posted. They took a great deal of time to record, edit and post. So check them out please. Maybe someday ill do the player 1 versions of them.

RoGE

Noob
Well anyway, about the tier list,
Scorpion is high because of Pi Gua + hellfire
Bo is high because of his infinite and drunken fist being the 2nd best fighting style in the game
Reptile is high because of Crab being so good. But with all that said, these guys aren't unbeatable, there are ways around them.

I think bill won't finish the guide because A)lack of interest B)MKvsDC is better C) MK9 is coming. So I don't really blame him.