What's new

MK: Deadly Alliance Tier List discussion

check, MKDA was played at high level and in tournaments and no one had any problems. also, big characters blocking combos mid way through is character vs character specific and dependent on which character is in open or closed stance. easy to deal with and get around. mkda is a great game and never have i ever missed a combo in tourney or $$ match due to camera.

anyway, at nec we'll be able to talk about the game in greater detail. looking forward to it.

okokokokok...

check i should have watched your vids before i spoke lol. ignorant on my part to not watch a single vid to fully understand what you meant.

i didnt know exactly what u were talking about with the side 2 combo thing so i thought it might be a GC system thing. after watching your vids you are talking about what we called the kenshi combo problem or ninja sword problem because it most commonly effects kenshis combos or scorp ninja sword but because scorp has no reason to ever be in ninja sword the problem is most commonly confined to kenshi. there is an easy fix to it...

1. There is no reason to be in San Shou EVERRRRRR unless it for a JC power up

2. All otg juggles should be done from Tai Chi or Katana.

3. From Tai Chi all otg juggles should be done as follows...
A. 2223~bdb1, b1, bdb1, b1 bdb1, db4
B. 3~bdb1, b1, bdb1, b1, bdb1, db4
C. 222cs1cs, bdb1, u3,bdb1,u3, db4

4. From Katana juggles should be done as follows..
A. 4113, bdb1, u3, bdb1, u3, bdb1, db4
B. 43, bdb1, u3, bdb1, u3, bdb1, db4
C. 3, bdb1, u3, bdb1, u3, bdb1, db4

You use Tai Chi combos A and B because starting combos with 3~bdb1 or 2223~bdb1 does more more damage then starting with b1,dbd1 or 222b1,bdb1 and because 3~bdb1 pushes the opponent back further then b1,bdb1 you can relaunch with b1 without having to worry about the camera changing. the camera will change when you try to re-launch and the opponent is too close to you, using these Tai Chi otg's keep them perfectly spaced.

Tai Chi Combo C is his style branch that starts in Tai Chi and ends in Katana and Katana combos A, B, and C are all launchers from his Katana stance. by ending in Katana you can use his 3 launcher as a re-launcher after bdb1 and because he has no u3 command u3 still comes out as his 3 launcher/re-launcher. by doing u3 the game will auto correct kenshi when the camera tries to change due to you trying a re-launcher on an in close airborne opponent. by using the universal tracking system of MKDA in the combo you are able to get around the camera problem.

5. There is no reason to ever use Tai Chi b1 to start a combo except for MAYBE anti air which never happens because ppl never jump due to while landing attacks being so easy to avoid and the damage being scaled UP for MORE damaging combos when started vs a in air opponent.

You never want to use b1 to start and otg because its sketchy based on range. close range b1 will leave the opponent too close after bdb1 connects and it will switch when you try to re-launch with b1. if you land a close range b1 then the only way to keep the combo going without having to deal with the camera problem is to not use b1 and do a lessor damaging combo or double cs to Katana and use u3.

check, i hope this helps and again i apologize for commenting without actually watching one vid first. i havent watched them all so if there are any other situations you want to call to my attention please let me know and i'll be happy to explain.

to anyone else that has ever played mkda please come to me about an issue you have before you proclaim the game unfit for vs competition.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Brady, you and Check should team up on this kind of stuff... seriously. when it comes to what people trust, it's you and him. What better way to positively move forward than team up and combine both of your minds?

Just a suggestion... :)

btw check, when using shang, quan chi, or any character with a reversal you can beat the cpu on max by doing throw then reversal. if the throw hits then throw again on wakeup, when the throw is blocked immediately reversal. 99.9% of the time they respond late with a strike and you get an easy reversal and can combo.

Brady, you and Check should team up on this kind of stuff... seriously. when it comes to what people trust, it's you and him. What better way to positively move forward than team up and combine both of your minds?

Just a suggestion... :)
this is one of the reasons why i look forward to talking with check at NEC.