What's new

MK Deadly Alliance Tier List Discussion Thread

tom brady posting:

MKDA imo was the best MK. it was took the most knowledge of the game to play. people may say UMK but what puts MKDA over it is not every character has the same normals or a semi-universal way to play.

reguardless, i think MKDA would be a good game to bring back along with UMK.

i strongly recomend that any true MK fan get into MKDA. if theres ANYTHING u want to know about the game ask here. i would love to help people learn this game the right way. this can be an excellent tournament game as in the past it has had at least 2 tourneys with 64+ players in it and several smaller tourneys as well.

I'm especially interested in combos and glitches.I know you've created Jax's 59% open air and his 64% wall combo,sub zero's 51% and other stuff.So any knowledge you share about mkda will be highly appreciated.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
MKDA is definitely not a terrible game, but I think it's more of a comparison to MK4 and MKD that makes it seem not so bad. Bringing back MKDA is probably impossible because of MKA coming out, but regardless, people will still want to know stuff, so Bill any info you have would be appreciated.

Juggernaut said:
I'm especially interested in combos and glitches.I know you've created Jax's 59% open air and his 64% wall combo,sub zero's 51% and other stuff.So any knowledge you share about mkda will be highly appreciated.
actually while i knew about the 51% sub combo the credit for that goes to knoqrr.

i'll post some of my old stuff on here tomorow.

1.Scorpion
2.Bo' Rai Cho
3.Reptile
4.Drahmin
5.Sonya
6.Shang Tsung
7.Hsu Hao
8.Mavado
9.Frost
10.Jax
11.Quan Chi
12.Raiden
13.Mokap
14.Johnny Cage
15.Kenshi
16.Kung Lao
17.Sub-Zero
18.Kano
19.Blaze
20.Nitara
21.Li Mei
22.Kitana
23.Cyrax

if u have any questions on any character or y a certain character is tiered where they r feel free to ask.

First i want to apologize to Konqrr.I thought you found sub's 51%.Sorry again Konqrr,my mistake.
About the tier list,yeah,i wanted to ask you why is Scorpion on first place.I thought Drahmin was N1.Please explain why Shang is N6,and why Cage is before Kano & Nitara.Peace

scropions pi gua stance is like a fortress that has offense and adding unblockable hellfire to it makes it worse. pi gua 3 is almost 100% unbeatable and u can bd cancel off it.

drahmin is top tier.

shang is #6 because of his crane stance and he has 1 of the better weapons. 332 is very had to interrupt. he has a reversal which guarantees crane 2 which launches. shangs zoning game is RIDICLIOUS because of the 3D fireball which does stupid damage. also, his crane sweep is a good low. his weapon also has some great options.

cage is above kano and nitara because hes safer, uses the stand and block jab game better, and has better lows. remember that in MKDA high hits hit u in transition to low block so if u r not already ducking highs hit u when u try to duck if both r done at the same time.

I$AAC

Noob
It's really a shame how this game didn't take off in the mainstream fighting scene. There's so much to the game that most people don't realize.

MKDA= Most Underrated Fighting game

Tom Brady said:
1.Scorpion
20.Nitara

if u have any questions on any character or y a certain character is tiered where they r feel free to ask.
I dunno if you're still taking questions, but can you explain those two? Nitara was my favorite in MKDA, and I wanna know what it was about Scorpion that made him so hard to beat.

Selpex said:
anyone actually still play this game? mines getting dusty
I would, because I still love the game, but I don't have an XBOX anymore :-(

Mario

Noob
But after a few hits, it ends up being a time infinite, right? Just turn off the clock then, and it's pretty much useless. No one would win.

ded

Elder God
well i'm not a mkda player, i played it few months and just remember some stuff that juggernaut told me.

i think its something with his custom combos and powerup

juggernaut, konqrr and mklegend could explain better than me

Mario

Noob
Wouldn't this tier list be affected by the impale move that everyone with a sword has? I remember when this first came out and people were complaining how cheap it was, as you could just run away and block the rest of the round while your opponent bled to death. I see that Kitana and Cyrax are extrememly low tier despite having an impale move in their arsonal. Is just too unsafe to use?

MKK hanzo

Yeah I think the same as mario. I would like to see the tier list updated like the mk a tier list. With a few lines explaining why every char have a position on it...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This was done on MKO years ago by MKL. I'll see what I can dig up.

Impales make no difference in the game, in high level they are useless.

"Stand and Block" > you

Mario

Noob
Konqrr said:

"Stand and Block" > you
I picked up the game recently for Gamecube, and true, the majority of those impales are useless. The sword impales in particular, which have a ton of start up time (easily seen and blocked unless you're real high). However, the dagger impales of Frost, etc seem faster, just enough that it might even catch a skilled blocker. Also, Kitana has the only impale projectile, and it too seems faster, the fastest even, but if you miss, say goodbye to her fans.

RoGE

Noob
Konqrr said:

"Stand and Block" > you
yeah but couldn't you side step a combo then impale?