What's new

MK Deadly Alliance Tier List Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Have you fought a good Reptile in MKDA? Reversal or not, once he gets up close, you are dead.

I've fought against an unawakened Mavado and it seems like Awakened Mavado is weaker than the unawakened version why is that? Oh and Plus Nitara should be placed higher, her Neijin 100% combo would own.

Smausaran252

Omnisafraud
1.Scorpion
2.Bo' Rai Cho
3.Reptile
4.Drahmin
5.Sonya
6.Shang Tsung
7.Hsu Hao
8.Mavado
9.Frost
10.Jax
11.Quan Chi
12.Raiden
13.Mokap
14.Johnny Cage
15.Kenshi
16.Kung Lao
17.Sub-Zero
18.Kano
19.Blaze
20.Nitara
21.Li Mei
22.Kitana
23.Cyrax

if u have any questions on any character or y a certain character is tiered where they r feel free to ask.
Why's Cyrax at 23? He's a good character with an easy reset to learn.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
1.Scorpion
2.Bo' Rai Cho
3.Reptile
4.Drahmin
5.Sonya
6.Shang Tsung
7.Hsu Hao
8.Mavado
9.Frost
10.Jax
11.Quan Chi
12.Raiden
13.Mokap
14.Johnny Cage
15.Kenshi
16.Kung Lao
17.Sub-Zero
18.Kano
19.Blaze
20.Nitara
21.Li Mei
22.Kitana
23.Cyrax

if u have any questions on any character or y a certain character is tiered where they r feel free to ask.
Just seeing Cyrax at the bottom of something... man that's awesome.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
1.Scorpion
2.Bo' Rai Cho
3.Reptile
4.Drahmin
5.Sonya
6.Shang Tsung
7.Hsu Hao
8.Mavado
9.Frost
10.Jax
11.Quan Chi
12.Raiden
13.Mokap
14.Johnny Cage
15.Kenshi
16.Kung Lao
17.Sub-Zero
18.Kano
19.Blaze
20.Nitara
21.Li Mei
22.Kitana
23.Cyrax

Yo bro this tier list sucks... Real talk why is Nitara bottom four??? Gtfooo

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I fought a high level Drahmin the other day and man, I can see why he is placed where he is on the tier list. Speeds back and forth across the screen, has a mean projectile game with flies and the ground pound, Iron Club keeps you guessing with the fast sweep and a few other decent moves.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I just started another play through of MKDA yesterday, due to 20 years from its release, and man, the more time passes and the more MK games out, the more I come to believe that MKDA is the most underrated game in the franchise. As a matter of fact, I believe MKDA is a brilliant game which in many ways was ahead of its time. The reasons why it didn't become more popular imho are that it tried something different, i.e. a fighting game with true martial arts as the backbone of its gameplay, at the expense of blood and gore and flashy special moves, which MK fans had come to expect from the franchise. There is still blood and gore and special moves in the game, of course, but they take a back seat to solid 3D martial arts fighting mechanics and an excellent training/story mode.

MKDA was the closest we had to a tournament viable game until MK9 came around in 2011. It was more balanced than MKD and MKA and various characters had different play styles that required different approaches to using them.

In addition, MKDA had a really good character roster, with a number of good new characters, such as Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Hsu Hao, Mavado, etc., and an excellent story.

And finally, MKDA was just so much fun to play. Compared to the latest addition to the franchise, with its awful story, way too many guest characters, unnecessarily gratuitous amounts of blood and gore, and gameplay that is fundamentally not fun (I think the biggest problem with the gameplay in MK11 is that NRS tried so hard to make it feel less like a game and more like a movie, that they succeeded), MKDA is truly a brilliant game.

Last edited: