What's new

MK Arcade EJB Menu 'Free Play' Exploit

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I apologize if you're an operator and your MK cabs are set for pay-to-play, because you're going to have people changing your machines to Free Play. With the recent discovery of the 20+ year hidden 'EJB Menus' in MK1, MK2, and MK3, there is an exploit that can be done to turn any MK2 or MK3 cab from pay-to-play to Free Play. I explain it all in the video below, but in case you don't want to sit through it or you can't watch it, it all boils down to this.

Under normal circumstances, if you access the service menu and do a 'CPU Board Test,' after it's done the board goes back to the menu so you can continue with more tests. The caveat here is when you are in the EJB menu and you do the 'CPU Board Test,' when it's done, instead of the board going back into the EJB menu, it reverts back to the regular, normal service menu, as if you pressed the button behind the coin door. The EJB menu has no access to allow you to make pricing changes. When the board reverts to the regular menu after the board test, you now have that option! So basically, as long as the dip switches are set to CMOS coinage, you can change any MK2 or MK3 cabinet from pay-to-play to Free Play by doing the above steps.

Here is the video...

Attachments

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Shit I just realized, when I was a kid these Asian guys and the arcade owner back in a.c. before they closed the arcades closed down there I walked in to wait to play and they had it set to 'free play' I always wondered how they did that guy said something aboit a switch but never saw the hidden menu which is cool.

Neat stuff

CRKFIEND

Noob
Shit I just realized, when I was a kid these Asian guys and the arcade owner back in a.c. before they closed the arcades closed down there I walked in to wait to play and they had it set to 'free play' I always wondered how they did that guy said something aboit a switch but never saw the hidden menu which is cool.

Neat stuff
You can set it to free play through software or hardware. Those dudes could have been talking about the internal DIP switches on the PCB as well. They can physically be toggled on or off. The picture I stole off the internet shows the dip switches below, but is from a bootleg board, but is a good example:

Flipping one or multiple switches would have a certain effect on the game. On the second DIP switch, if you flip switches 2,3,4 all to ON, you have freeplay!

MKF30

You can set it to free play through software or hardware. Those dudes could have been talking about the internal DIP switches on the PCB as well. They can physically be toggled on or off. The picture I stole off the internet shows the dip switches below, but is from a bootleg board, but is a good example:

Flipping one or multiple switches would have a certain effect on the game. On the second DIP switch, if you flip switches 2,3,4 all to ON, you have freeplay!
Nice, thanks yeah dude they eete definitely messing with sone switches. Free play is so cool.

What's up dude? How are you?

CRKFIEND

Noob
Nice, thanks yeah dude they eete definitely messing with sone switches. Free play is so cool.

What's up dude? How are you?
Pretty dece. Not really playing MKX. I don't like the family-drama-babies-mama approach. I hope they keep it out of the next game. Lots of generic kids running about. I've been living life and playing Rainbow Six in my free gaming time.

MKF30

Pretty dece. Not really playing MKX. I don't like the family-drama-babies-mama approach. I hope they keep it out of the next game. Lots of generic kids running about. I've been living life and playing Rainbow Six in my free gaming time.

Oh cool yeah the Cage and Jax juniors gig was a bit over done I felt. Shujinko was in Cassie's ending, she killed him lol but who knows if it's canon or not.

Most arcade endings tend to not be canon but some wind up being canon ie Sektor's from MK9 for example.

I took a break from it but admit am playing it again with Sektor's triborg variation in it. :D