What's new

MK Aftermath most likely select screen

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
That would be fine but i wish they would rearrange them to put the characters in even less random places.
(Like all Guests at the bottom, Raiden with Fujin and Cetrion, Sindel closer to Kitana etc.)

Also they need to give us a toogle to switch between Revenant and Alive portraits.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
They need to make sure they fix the bottom row with just Cetrion in it. It drives me nuts looking at that shit. Cetrion and the new 3 characters should fill that bottom row. Add additional DLC elsewhere.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That would be fine but i wish they would rearrange them to put the characters in even less random places.
(Like all Guests at the bottom, Raiden with Fujin and Cetrion, Sindel closer to Kitana etc.)

Also they need to give us a toogle to switch between Revenant and Alive portraits.
The row of revenants + normal Kano is so triggering to my OCD lmao.

That would be cool to be able to design our own kharacter select screen from picking their skin and gear to placing them wherever we want. I’d like to remove their revenant skins and replace with their normal skins

I thought i was the only one bothered by the revenant pics. Like why not have the human pics i really don't understand this. Even in mkx where they were revenants in story, they had human select screen pics

Most people are bothered by both Cetrion at the bottom AND revenants in select screen judging from twitter and forums. However, Daanish Syed responded to a tweet that they had discussions about which form to put as the avatar and they went with current versions. Now given that the story continues, I really hope for some surprise avatar changes like Sindel no longer revenant, Liu Kang changed to Fire God Liu etc.

Art Lean

Noob
I wouldn't mind the revenants being the defaults for some characters IF they were actually uniquely different playable personalities of the character, i.e. the revenant character spoke like a revenant with their own evil intro dialogues. After all, MKX had this if you chose a revenant skin.

Instead they have the same heroic intro quips they always do, which basically demonstrates to me that the human version of the character is the default and correct form for them that their character has been built around, whilst the revenant skin is nothing but a meaningless cosmetic no different than dressing them up as a Batman villain, a witch or a KGB officer. In which case, I want to the characters to look human on the select screen if the game is going to be constantly demonstrating to me they're normal and human whenever they're played with.