What's new

MK 30th Anniversary Trailer

View attachment 18820

Play on what? Did they forget that they took MK9 off Steam and never re-released even on last gen
Assuming there's no re-release or remaster coming, the game can still be purchased on PC - Steam via key resellers, and the Xbox 360 version was made backwards compatible about a year-ish ago, so you can play it on Xbox Series X and all last generation Xbox consoles.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Assuming there's no re-release or remaster coming, the game can still be purchased on PC - Steam via key resellers, and the Xbox 360 version was made backwards compatible about a year-ish ago, so you can play it on Xbox Series X and all last generation Xbox consoles.
I know, its still ridiculous for them to put something like that when you have to jump through hoops to play it.

Art Lean

Noob
For celebrating 30 years of Mortal Kombat across all forms of media (games, television, and film, specifically).
But that's what I mean, it's not a trailer for like an in-depth official documentary on the history of MK across all media or anything is it, it's literally just a little self-contained video saying "MK is 30, er, go play and watch the stuff you already own and like" right?

They've not actually created or released anything specifically to celebrate the big year have they?

Closest things we've got were probably MK Trilogy on GOG in August and the new animated movie releasing Monday :confused:

MRIGOTBASS

For us older players this was a final chance for UMK3 to be re-released again on consoles, we have waited patiently for now 11 years for a simple game to be released on next gen consoles, we used to have a huge community right on this very site for UMK3 1000's of active players only because it was on a console. The avg joe player doesnt come to TYM to learn how to install mame or whatever hack there is. The average player wants to turn on a console and just play the game. Over the last 10 years we have had everyone and their mother become UMK3 hackers like @Konqrr and goofy ass drew, demonizing the real game for their "Fixed Hacks". This type of BS and lack of a real console version of the game has ended UMK3 in the USA, what was at one time a huge community is 11 people in a "Online Tournament" or a "Dead Mall Tournament" or 6 guys someones bedroom in the Midwest. The UMK3 generation is now all over 40 or close, ED is almost 60 we really don't have the time to wait for the 40th MK anniversary, so if UMK3 and the classics get the shaft again, its fair to say I am retiring from UMK3 effective immediately as the game is clearly over and has 0 chance of recovery to even a fraction of what it was when it was on console.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
They should release a klassic collection, old games and tons of extras (mini-docs, high-res pictures, etc)

I'd buy that day 1

ded

Elder God
For us older players this was a final chance for UMK3 to be re-released again on consoles, we have waited patiently for now 11 years for a simple game to be released on next gen consoles, we used to have a huge community right on this very site for UMK3 1000's of active players only because it was on a console. The avg joe player doesnt come to TYM to learn how to install mame or whatever hack there is. The average player wants to turn on a console and just play the game. Over the last 10 years we have had everyone and their mother become UMK3 hackers like @Konqrr and goofy ass drew, demonizing the real game for their "Fixed Hacks". This type of BS and lack of a real console version of the game has ended UMK3 in the USA, what was at one time a huge community is 11 people in a "Online Tournament" or a "Dead Mall Tournament" or 6 guys someones bedroom in the Midwest. The UMK3 generation is now all over 40 or close, ED is almost 60 we really don't have the time to wait for the 40th MK anniversary, so if UMK3 and the classics get the shaft again, its fair to say I am retiring from UMK3 effective immediately as the game is clearly over and has 0 chance of recovery to even a fraction of what it was when it was on console.
This and MK4 Arcade re-release for me

But that's what I mean, it's not a trailer for like an in-depth official documentary on the history of MK across all media or anything is it, it's literally just a little self-contained video saying "MK is 30, er, go play and watch the stuff you already own and like" right?

They've not actually created or released anything specifically to celebrate the big year have they?

Closest things we've got were probably MK Trilogy on GOG in August and the new animated movie releasing Monday :confused:
Correct, it's just a little something.

The only MK games that are legitimately available through the mainstream digital stores are just these aren't they:

GOG: MK 1-3 Collection (crappy midi music DOS versions)
GOG: MK Trilogy
GOG: MK 4
MKX
MK11
As far as I know, yes. And I believe Mortal Kombat Trilogy and Mortal Kombat 4 are also the PC versions of the day.

Having said the above, I'd love to see an arcade-perfect current generation Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, but with all 5 arcade games. I wouldn't that HD remake either.