What's new

mk 12 leak from nrs ?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Man, so much hate for Reiko. I love the character. He was my main in MK4 and he was pretty fun in all the 3D games. He was also badass in the MKX comics.

I'll take him over every Kombat Kid (aside from Takeda, because he is awesome aside from his stupid voice).

The leak may or may not be accurate but the thing that is 100% not credible is Reiko himself as a character.

Even Hsu Hao is more likable
You know what? You're right. I can think of one positive thing about Hsu Hao and that's the Sun-Moon Blades he used were legit cool weapons and I never heard about them until he came along.

Granted it's only one thing but I can't think of a single positive thing about Reiko.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I'm surprised they won't remake the old games with online or something for the anniversary
I’m also surprised..:I don’t think they have ever addressed why the old ones have not been remade

would love to see the old school ones get remade with better online treatment a la umk 3 for the 360 etc

maybe they could re release them to hype of the next mk?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I’m also surprised..:I don’t think they have ever addressed why the old ones have not been remade

would love to see the old school ones get remade with better online treatment a la umk 3 for the 360 etc

maybe they could re release them to hype of the next mk?
Digitized graphics look like dog shit in HD. They've tried and abandoned it before. I've actually talked to the guy who was playing Kung Lao in the HD remake, he was heartbroken when it got canned. I never got a concrete answer, but I have to imagine they just saw how it looked and knew it was terrible.

That's what a modern MK would look like. You never really got just how bad the costumes looked in arcade era Mortal Kombat, the graphics were just cartoony and grainy enough to mask the details.

Digitized graphics look like dog shit in HD
Exactly. On top of that we're using screens that are 50+inches, so the old games look even worse. HD might look better, but will never have the same feeling that the old style slightly blurry gfx did.

I've been saying for years... if they want to remake MK1-3, you take something like the MK11 engine for the graphics, drop all the new stuff (fatal & krushing blows/flawless blocking, meters etc) and work in the old-style gameplay instead. It's the only smart way to make a HD version of the old games.

Just look at some of the Klassic costumes, they look great. They just need to redo the models and tweak the frames to match the moves of the old games, and you'll have something that looks 10x better than any digitised HD remake.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Digitized graphics look like dog shit in HD. They've tried and abandoned it before. I've actually talked to the guy who was playing Kung Lao in the HD remake, he was heartbroken when it got canned. I never got a concrete answer, but I have to imagine they just saw how it looked and knew it was terrible.

That's what a modern MK would look like. You never really got just how bad the costumes looked in arcade era Mortal Kombat, the graphics were just cartoony and grainy enough to mask the details.
The whole Death Cargo thing was so bizarre. The only good thing about it ended up being the music, which was really cool in my opinion.

I remember REO was playing it on stream and he was forced to stop playing it or something. So fucking stupid. One of the most recognizable names in the NRS scene and you won't let him check out your game on stream.

Now the game is some sort of side scrolling beat em up or something. Such a weird story. It's like the game has been completely wiped from the internet.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Digitized graphics look like dog shit in HD. They've tried and abandoned it before.
I'm not sure I agree with this... modern HD filming tech means that with decent production the effect could look very good. There were a lot of FMV adventure game in the 90s and they are making a huge comeback right now in the adventure scene for example.

The FGC is a place of traditionalists... as a general rule we do not like change and have very nostalgic feels to the past. I think a well done HD Digitised Game would actually be dope and get a lot of interest, practically from the older generation of gamers, like myself.

I think the problem is that most of the digitised games have not innovated much. This is 2022... it should be more than 5 frames, dose not need to be blocky, the engines can colour grade the images on the fly to make them fit the environments. I have no doubt that if someone had good ideas and the passion to make a "modern" in this style rather than sorta just doing what they did 30 years ago.... it could be a very cool thing.

You never really got just how bad the costumes looked in arcade era Mortal Kombat, the graphics were just cartoony and grainy enough to mask the details.
Are you talking resolution wise or design wise? Th old costumes were based on authentic ninja clothing. I think they really nailed it back than. Still looks good to me.. I might even prefer the light based ninja costumes over the heavy armored current costumes.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Yeah, at this point I don't know what to think. An unverified source that has yet to prove their worth claims that Reiko, Li Mei and Kai are in base roster, Havik is DLC, all NRS era characters will eventually make the roster and ... What the fuck, everyone posts a 'leak' nowadays. Can't trust anyone.

Multiple (joke?) accounts of (supposed) insiders (rolls eyes) claim that something MK is getting announced on October, but that could be just them placing a bet for the 30th Anniversary (despite the fact that NRS does fuck-all for anniversaries).

But who knows? Maybe the Discovery merge will change things. We'll see.

This is what we're doing now? We're this desperate we're posting bottom tier MK Clickbaiters?
It's really pathetic isnt it?....how do people continue to believe people who are consistently incorrect and reaching for any shred of truth that matches a previous prediction ? Don't give them one second of your time....don't encourage them.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
evrytime I see shit like this linked I just think of that barnam quote "sucker born every minuet".

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
TYM will spend more time pining over rumors than NRS will supporting the game. We're at T+9 months for thread creation. Doubt NRS will give a fart beyond that time frame once theyve raided our fanboy coffers.

SF6 going to bowl it over, so better delay that release like Boon delays his brow pluckings.

:DOGE

MCPeePants

Bout it
TYM will spend more time pining over rumors than NRS will supporting the game. We're at T+9 months for thread creation. Doubt NRS will give a fart beyond that time frame once theyve raided our fanboy coffers.

SF6 going to bowl it over, so better delay that release like Boon delays his brow pluckings.

:DOGE
SF6 looks like hot buttered ass; so there's that.