What's new

MK 11 Roster Break-Down

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile

Okay, so assuming this is a very close approximation of the roster (and we're only counting 21 spots instead of the full 26 since we don't know the three new characters genders, and we don't know if Noob and Shang are truly in), let's do a bit of math with it.

Female Characters: 8/21 = 38%
VS
Male Characters: 13/21 = 62%

Classic: 13/21 = 62%
VS
MKX: 5/21 = 24%
VS
MK9: 1/21 = 4%
VS
3D Era: 1/21 = 4%
*I'm missing 6% somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out where lol

New characters in comparison to the overall roster: 4/26 = 15%.

Just some fun details. :)

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Raises hand timidly..."It was me..." lol

I was trying to give it an old-school, MK II feel...
Oh. Well, in that case my advice for the next time you make one is to try to keep that feel for every character. Here you mixed and matched the old-school sprites with fanart, with new game screenshots, with even a cosplayer. It looks bad.
Try using the mortalkombatwarehouse.com website next time, it has a lot of resources you can use to make something like this.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Oh. Well, in that case my advice for the next time you make one is to try to keep that feel for every character. Here you mixed and matched the old-school sprites with fanart, with new game screenshots, with even a cosplayer. It looks bad.
Try using the mortalkombatwarehouse.com website next time, it has a lot of resources you can use to make something like this.
Thank you for the advice. I will do that when I revise this ^^

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Female Characters: 8/21 = 38%
VS
Male Characters: 13/21 = 62%

Classic: 13/21 = 62%
VS
MKX: 5/21 = 24%
VS
MK9: 1/21 = 4%
VS
3D Era: 1/21 = 4%
*I'm missing 6% somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out where lol

New characters in comparison to the overall roster: 4/26 = 15%.

Just some fun details. :)
You forgot to include "new character", Geras, which is another 1/21. Currently you have a total of 20/21, that's why your % is off. To reach 100%, round to about 4.7% for each 1/21 entry. The overage will be about 0.1% or whatnot but that's irrelevant as your numbers will be accounted for a full 100%. Also, that Mileena picture needs to be changed to Skarlet, that's where your 1 MK9 comes in at with 13 classics. Update your OP with this information.

**Sorry I work in finance so I'm a stickler for these kind of things.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
"Shitposting is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" to an online forum or social network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make the site unusable to its regular visitors."

I'm not sure how I shitposted. :confused:
Do yourself a favor and ignore that clown. Sour-grapes blowhard if there ever was one.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
And analyzing this, I don't know why people are so bummed about this roster. MKX had like 8 new characters, and as of now, there are only 4 new ones in here. I'm not going to hate on anything they put out, I mean one of the new characters in MKX became my favorite - but it looks like a really interesting roster so far.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
And analyzing this, I don't know why people are so bummed about this roster. MKX had like 8 new characters, and as of now, there are only 4 new ones in here. I'm not going to hate on anything they put out, I mean one of the new characters in MKX became my favorite - but it looks like a really interesting roster so far.
Exactly. I mean, a full 2/3rds of the roster is from the Trilogy Era (15). You get 1 MKDA character, 1 MK9 character, 5 MKX characters, and 4 new characters.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Alright so I guess I'm in acceptance now. I just want one between Rain, Fujin or Shang Tsung, hopefully the latter, in the main roster and I'll be ok with the roster. Please.
I'm rooting for Shang too. That's why I put him in the roster, even though he's not confirmed yet. *crosses fingers*