What's new

MK 11 Jade, Fujin,QUAN Chi "concept art" Proposal

MCPeePants

Bout it
The Jade looks like some cosplay chickenhead...

That Drahmin is so sick everytime I see it tho (still can't figure out why his katana is situated to draw with his club-hand tho)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Tanno I'm glad I'm not the only one who knew that lol. Yup. Raiden's original name is inspired from Raijin as the original spelling, but MK used Raiden. It's funny because people always think "oh Raiden came from BTLC" but actually more so from Japanese mythos, the only thing from BTLC that's the same is the hat other than that, Raiden pretty much is Japanese lore inspired.

And as someone else mention, Fujin is also known as the Wind God in Japanese mythology as well.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
@Tanno I'm glad I'm not the only one who knew that lol. Yup. Raiden's original name is inspired from Raijin as the original spelling, but MK used Raiden. It's funny because people always think "oh Raiden came from BTLC" but actually more so from Japanese mythos, the only thing from BTLC that's the same is the hat other than that, Raiden pretty much is Japanese lore inspired.

And as someone else mention, Fujin is also known as the Wind God in Japanese mythology as well.
I know quite well Japanese, so I knew what's what. :3

BTW, fun hint: Did you know that there already exist some characters named Raijin and Fujin in Final Fantasy VIII? :3

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I know quite well Japanese, so I knew what's what. :3

BTW, fun hint: Did you know that there already exist some characters named Raijin and Fujin in Final Fantasy VIII? :3
Oh really? Didn't know that, I was never into FF honestly. More of a Zelda guy growing up, but not surprising. That's cool though.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't want any of the characters to suddenly change skin colour or ethnicity. I care about consistency. Costume, hairstyles, stuff like that can change, as long it fits the characters... but keep their defining physical traits consistent!

The one character who's suffered the most from changing physical appearance over the course of the franchise... is Reptile. Poor thing. I can understand him hiding under a human-skin mask and then having taken it off to reveal his true reptilian self, but the MK team have struggled with settling with a good-looking version of that. Though I personally think he looked his best in MKX, and I hope they will stay true to that version in MK11.