What's new

MK 1 Gameplay Videos

hey guys,
welcome to my all things mk1 thread!
i will post offline gameplay videos, combo vids, tech and so on!
this thread serves two reasons:
-to encourage you to play mk1 if u may have never played it!
-to show you or give you an idea how mk1 was played back then in the arcades (1993)

one important thing about this mk1 version: we played in my local arcades the mk1 version (prototype, rev 9.0 07/28/92) because we refused to play the last mk1 version aka rev. 5.0 [T-Unit] (03/19/93).
the prototype version was more fun to play at highlevel mainly because of the combo potential!
so i will upload material playing the prototype version first!

the first video shows some subzero gameplay against my buddy @RyuKazuya, he is p1 i am p2.
so guys stay tuned and i hope you enjoy some og stuff ;D
btw i am trying to figure out how to record gameplay properly, so this one is just with my phone.

ded

Elder God
mk1 prototype was better for high level gameplay? how is that even possible, when it changes the tier list completely + it is even a beta (not an official revision). back in days, we played on r 3.0, which i can understand if some people prefer, however, for competitive play - you should stick to the official latest revision or t-unit at least.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
mk1 prototype was better for high level gameplay? how is that even possible, when it changes the tier list completely + it is even a beta (not an official revision). back in days, we played on r 3.0, which i can understand if some people prefer, however, for competitive play - you should stick to the official latest revision or t-unit at least.
Very true.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hey guys,
welcome to my all things mk1 thread!
i will post offline gameplay videos, combo vids, tech and so on!
this thread serves two reasons:
-to encourage you to play mk1 if u may have never played it!
-to show you or give you an idea how mk1 was played back then in the arcades (1993)

one important thing about this mk1 version: we played in my local arcades the mk1 version (prototype, rev 9.0 07/28/92) because we refused to play the last mk1 version aka rev. 5.0 [T-Unit] (03/19/93).
the prototype version was more fun to play at highlevel mainly because of the combo potential!
so i will upload material playing the prototype version first!

the first video shows some subzero gameplay against my buddy @RyuKazuya, he is p1 i am p2.
so guys stay tuned and i hope you enjoy some og stuff ;D
btw i am trying to figure out how to record gameplay properly, so this one is just with my phone.

Try OBS studio, its free and open source and records your desktop

Which was the version where cage,raiden, and Kano had the jump in low/high punch infinity in the corner?
you could do it in this version too!
it was all about not getting cornered lol.
dont forget this was pre fgc time, it is how it was, there was nothing else. we just dealed with it!

patched versions arrived kinda late at my local arcades, kinda 2 month before mk2.

Last edited: