What's new

Tech - Slasher Mix Not Dead? This Can't Be! (Corner Pressure Concept)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hello all, I've decided to run back home to Jason (oh how I missed the guy) and I was thinking to myself how effective empty jumps are in this game, with the thread of a deep NJP (which is overhead and launches) characters with good NJPs and low starters have all sorts of dirty ways to abuse neutral jumps/empty jumps. Enter the secretly god tier Slasher Jason. Now as a lot of you know, this character used to have a DUMB 50/50 game in the corner using F2/F4 into the formerly launching BF3. HOWEVER! The Labmaster here (that's me) found out that we don't NEED F2 for our overhead man. We have two things, 112, and one of the best NJPs in the whole game. So first, here's a video showing you the general concept of how this would go.

Now I know what you're thinking. "You'll get poked out of empty jump into f4/you'll get full combo'd before you can f4" my rebuttal in the form of a video.

this is where that whole "plus njps" comes into effect. As you can see, NJP into B1 is a frame trap (6f buttons can't get out either) and you can't anti-air Jason after this (the giant NJP hitbox will blow you up before you even get a chance to try) so the ONLY answer, is armoring out. So when you begin to gain respect with your plus on block launching overhead, you can start playing around with that respect (one of the things you can do being, F4) While this isn't QUITE the caliber of what Slasher used to be able to do with loopable safe 50/50's, it certainly is something that we should start using a lot more. F3 isn't our ONLY tool for corner pressure, we've got dirt, let's use it people!

TL;DR
Guaranteed deep NJP in the corner after 112=frame traps which leads to respect, which leads to mix. Have fun my friends.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Looks good but my only fear are the patient people who block just a little bit longer and wait for their turn since his frames aren't that great in slasher. It won't be long for Jason. Plus double hitting armor moves still can escape this, y'all aint frame perfect.

CrazyFingers

Looks good but my only fear are the patient people who block just a little bit longer and wait for their turn since his frames aren't that great in slasher. It won't be long for Jason. Plus double hitting armor moves still can escape this, y'all aint frame perfect.
He's got decent frames and stagger pressure. He can do a good amount with this set up for sure.

CrazyFingers

I'd tbh call this more of a gimmick

I genuinely hate to be that guy, but stuff like this has been around for a while. An example is batmen empty jumping into b1. Like myri said it's fuzziable

Cool nonetheless
Yea i know it's fuzziable, but like i said you've got some more stuff to play with involving the plus frames from the NJP.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Too bad Jason's throw isn't plus. You could establish a pretty strong strike/throw game from this if it was and then empty jump low on top of it.

Second Saint

Also, how vulnerable is this to wakeups? I mean, Lao at least could probably just meterless spin and beat out your njp, right? At least if you're going for a deep one to maximize plus frames.

Second Saint

So I applied this to Kotal, and it actually seems pretty good. Not using his njp though. His NJK hits really, really low, so he gets more than the average plus frames off of it, somewhere in the neighborhood of +11 or 12. I can easily jail b1 and s1, but haven't jailed f1 yet.

The best part is that he gets this setup off his throw because it's +37 on hit, but it is also achievable with 212 or b32 enders. Basically, some pretty strong strike/throw mixups into jailing pressure or even more mixups depending on variation, and you could get the occasional empty jump low in there too.

Kenshi, Takeda, and Leatherface could probably do some similar stuff, as they all have extremely advantageous throws.