What's new

Missing since 2011 reboot,.....

Which MISSING characters since 2011 reboot?

• Blaze

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Drahmin

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Hsu Hao

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Mavado

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Moloch

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Onaga

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Nitara

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Motaro

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Kira

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Kobra

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dairou

• Darrius

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Ashrah

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • Havik

Votes: 65 58.6%
  • Hotaru

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Shujinko

• Chameleon

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Khameleon

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Daegon

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Taven

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Kai

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Jarek

• Fujin

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • Meat

• Reiko

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Sareena

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • Kia

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Jataaka

• Tasia

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
These characters are all garbage as is every post MK3 character aside from Kenshi and Quan Chi.
Good thing Quan chi and kenshi are so original and fun . One is a shang tsung cross dressing kratos and other one is a blind ninja/samurai/naruto/edgelord . I would for once like to see motaro ,kintaro and onaga . Reason beeing that given theyr big bodys and somewhat of a boss status , they could be made to be different per se . For example u couldnt knock up motaro cuz he is a centaur but he would take i guess a lil bit more dmg or be in a stagger mode so u can still combo him .

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Good thing Quan chi and kenshi are so original and fun . One is a shang tsung cross dressing kratos and other one is a blind ninja/samurai/naruto/edgelord . I would for once like to see motaro ,kintaro and onaga . Reason beeing that given theyr big bodys and somewhat of a boss status , they could be made to be different per se . For example u couldnt knock up motaro cuz he is a centaur but he would take i guess a lil bit more dmg or be in a stagger mode so u can still combo him .
Kintaro is Goro with stripes, Onaga is dragon Goro, see I can do it too. Motraro is unique but I think he's dumb asf. Being unique doesn't mean something is good, not being unique doesn't make something necessarily bad. I made it pretty clear that its just my personal preference.

Kintaro is Goro with stripes, Onaga is dragon Goro, see I can do it too. Motraro is unique but I think he's dumb asf. Being unique doesn't mean something is good, not being unique doesn't make something necessarily bad. I made it pretty clear that its just my personal preference.
Even u cant say that onaga and goro are the same ... He doesnt even have 4 arms nor do they share a single move . What they do have in common is that goro is a half dragon and thats about it . If u think motaro is dumb asf , maybe someone doesnt . Mb , i havent seen that part . Sry aggain .

Art Lean

Noob
Sareena for having been around since 1997, been a core part of Bi-Han's history and never properly been given her dues.

Second for me would be Ashrah, because I'm just a sucker for any character that looks straight out of Shinto mythology (want more of that back in MK) and her white robes and soul-purging demon-slaying reminds me of the classic 1987 movie A Chinese Ghost Story.

I have to admit, some of the above characters I actually had to look up as to who they even were... like Kira and Tasia :oops:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I'm hoping we get two legged Motaro, not that piece of crap 4 legged centaur abomination :DOGE
I don't understand why they don't do it, two legged Motaro gets around the potential technical challenges of implementing a 4 legged character AND gives us a much better version of the character. It's a win-win.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I voted

Hotaru, Nitara, Fujin, Reiko, Sareena = They're all fucking cool.

Ashrah, Meat, Daegon = Could benefit a lot from some improvements. Potential to be great characters.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I thought you meant missing since mk9.... Missing since 2011 reboot... MK9 was the 2011 reboot... so since 2011, since mk9, Striker has been missing in MK11 and MKx.... that is how I read it anyway,.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I thought you meant missing since mk9.... Missing since 2011 reboot... MK9 was the 2011 reboot... so since 2011, since mk9, Striker has been missing in MK11 and MKx.... that is how I read it anyway,.
The poll consists of characters that have been missing since MK 2011 until now.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
So we have Havik and Fujin ties with 38 votes followed in 2nd place by Ashrah with 24 votes, while Sareena and Nitara both in 3rd with 22 and Reiko 1 vote behind them at 21

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
#1 Havik
#2 Fujin
#3 Ashrah
#4 Sareena, Nitara
#5 Reiko
-------------------------------------------------------------
#6 Hotaru, Kai, Onaga
#7 Li Mei, Motaro
#8 Chameleon, Khameleon
#9 Meat
#10 Drahmin

Is this poll dead or are there still a lot of people who didn't vote??? Obviously with 50,000+ members we're missing some votes :(

Cicada 5

Noob
How is Kenshi an edgelord?

Art Lean

Noob
Good thing Quan chi and kenshi are so original and fun . One is a shang tsung cross dressing kratos...
Irrespective of how original Quan Chi is within the realms of MK itself and its own characters, you can't say he's unoriginal for looking like Kratos when Quan Chi debuted 9 years before Kratos ever came along (in 1996 in Defenders of the Realm) and was rocking the very similar shirtless look from Deadly Alliance in 2002, still 3 years before the first God of War game.

Kratos himself is the rip-off visually.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Irrespective of how original Quan Chi is within the realms of MK itself and its own characters, you can't say he's unoriginal for looking like Kratos when Quan Chi debuted 9 years before Kratos ever came along (in 1996 in Defenders of the Realm) and was rocking the very similar shirtless look from Deadly Alliance in 2002, still 3 years before the first God of War game.

Honestly even Kratos isn't a rip off.

Visually they are SIMILAR but characters looking similar but serving completely different purposes makes neither a rip off.

Art Lean

Noob
Honestly even Kratos isn't a rip off.

Visually they are SIMILAR but characters looking similar but serving completely different purposes makes neither a rip off.
To be fair, wasn't even really suggesting he was, just meant that if anyone was influence over the other, Quan Chi would have influenced Kratos, not the other way around :)

Im not aiming towards that he is a kratos reskin , point im aiming at is that his personality is more or less the same as shangs.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Im not aiming towards that he is a kratos reskin , point im aiming at is that his personality is more or less the same as shangs.
That's cool man, just saying visually he can't be accused of being artistically unoriginal in the franchise.

To be fair, MK4 is mostly to blame; certainly from Defenders of the Realm and Mythologies they were clearly trying to go for something a bit different with him, but MK4 was basically a soft-reboot for the franchise (which in many ways I really like it for - it had some brutal fatality ideas, tried to bring back that mystic feeling after MK3's urban grunge vibe, tried to strip back some of the franchise's eccentricities that were developing) but also feel they went too far down the reboot road with likes of Kai, Reiko and Jarek who were all just kind of pointless redesigns of the classic characters. Then you have two bosses you can actually play as, really diminished their threat in the game when they're just other fighters from the select screen. Shinnok turned into a twat in a hat who just has a less visually interesting version of Shang's morph ability whilst Quan Chi was just rather generic as a fighter.

On that subject... Weirdly I really enjoyed Shinnok as an FMV character in Mythologies the most. He was a creepy yet seemingly very soft-spoken old man; it made knowing that he was apparently an all-powerful force of pure evil all the more interesting to me. The fact that he was just there in Bi-Han's prison cell, chatting away like a kindly gentleman at the post office made it feel all the more like he was toying with him. True power doesn't need to prove itself, it has fun with just mocking your perceptions of it.

Anyway, I digress, Quan Chi may not have too much uniqueness to him, yet actually enjoy the fact that he and Shang share certain powers, for me it makes them two sides of a coin. Quan Chi a demon from the Netherrealm who harnesses the natural power of its realm, Shang a disgraced human traitor looking to harness that same power and dominate it. For me it's more about two different individuals controlling those same powers and the character conflict that creates rather than analysing them as playable fighters in a video game.

But hey, that's why I've liked Mortal Kombat, I enjoy its lore and the imagination it sparks in me :)

Last edited:
I honestly don't see the fascination with li mei. She just felt like such a one off character. Makes an appearance in mkx but that was such a small role. Just like sareena. Maybe if it was sareena and her sisters. Slots deserving to the all stars of mk that are missing for no reason. Missing ninjas and missing cyborgs.