What's new

Tech - Leatherface Minor anti wake-up tech.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
This is a minor technique I came across while trying to figure out good ways to keep the damage going after a hard knockdown with Killer.

Basically Leatherface has an overhead/low option against a downed opponent with b1/f3. This can lead to a full combo if it connects, and with Killerthis usually means using BS1. Sometimes I lack meter, however, so I follow up with bd4 Sparks and combo from there.

If the opponent delays the wake-up then the attacks may wiff, and this is very bad news especially for b1. I found that if I do b1~bd4 and then 2 immediately afterwards then Leatherface will pull out whichever move would connect.

If the opponent delays then Sparks won't come out, but the low sweep of b12 will likely give them another hard knockdown. If b1 connects, however, Leatherface will use his Sparks. The only drawback is that if the opponent blocks high then Sparks will go off and Leatherface can be punished, but this is normal for the overhead/low manuever anyway.

This is just an additional way to keep them guessing, and I think it would work for all variations so long as there is a nice combo off of Sparks available.

This is a minor technique I came across while trying to figure out good ways to keep the damage going after a hard knockdown with Killer.

Basically Leatherface has an overhead/low option against a downed opponent with b1/f3. This can lead to a full combo if it connects, and with Killerthis usually means using BS1. Sometimes I lack meter, however, so I follow up with bd4 Sparks and combo from there.

If the opponent delays the wake-up then the attacks may wiff, and this is very bad news especially for b1. I found that if I do b1~bd4 and then 2 immediately afterwards then Leatherface will pull out whichever move would connect.

If the opponent delays then Sparks won't come out, but the low sweep of b12 will likely give them another hard knockdown. If b1 connects, however, Leatherface will use his Sparks. The only drawback is that if the opponent blocks high then Sparks will go off and Leatherface can be punished, but this is normal for the overhead/low manuever anyway.

This is just an additional way to keep them guessing, and I think it would work for all variations so long as there is a nice combo off of Sparks available.
hey sorry this is irrelevant but im new here and i dont know how to post a new thread, do you mind telling me

omooba

fear the moobs
actually another weakness is if you slightly delay wake up and get up who can just full combo punish with a fast button

SHAOLIN

内部冲突

" Takes notes "

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
actually another weakness is if you slightly delay wake up and get up who can just full combo punish with a fast button
Good point. It definitely isn't foolproof or super strong, it's just an added guessing game to mix in with other anti-wakeups.