What's new

Mileena's D4

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hi,

What i want to talk about here is Mileena's D4 that basically isnt quite same as d4 of other characters.
I have around me two good Mileena operators and they have been abusing this move and we came across some crappy things.
Not that i have anything against abusing a move. The problem is with the move it self.

# It has long range - that i can understand. Pretty normal.
# It has insane priority - Just insane.
# It lowers drastically characters hit box - It comes to a point that you cant crossover her with FP/BP
# It gives invincibility (when I do Kabal's EX-SPIN i eat dmg and just pass her like she is a damn ghost - it happens a lot)

The move seems like its buged - i mean if you look at the rest of roster it just dosent make any sense.

It knocks down Raidens Torpido (at close range), It knocks down - not just push back, by doing it she avoids Sektor tp.
These are few examples we came across while playing. I Am afraid that there might be more of crap like that.

What do you Mileena operators have to say and what have you come across ?

mileena's d4 is fine. its not buggy, she just has a low hit box. you can try and use jump kicks but sometimes they will miss also. just gotta fight it out.

Shady

Noob
mileena's d4 is fine. its not buggy, she just has a low hit box. you can try and use jump kicks but sometimes they will miss also. just gotta fight it out.
Wow, Tom taking the "way out" he described. I still respect you man, but like I said in some other threads, you overreact to everything. And if NRS feeds into the trolls the solution is as easy as going "well, here's the fucking stream in question, see if I was saying what they said!". You're in the spotlight, you will have people trolling, the worst you can do is overreact the way you do and scream and come at them just giving them more reason to keep doing it rather than ignore it all together. Let S1lent read the chat and question, don't even look at it. Much respect for what you did for the community, but you gotta learn to ignore them.

As for D4, hey it's a get out of jail free card that does a few things that shouldn't be done. But hey, there is also the KL spin for example that you can't jump in on period. There are moves like that and they probably should be fixed or patched some how. They did that for Kung Lao. They maybe should do it for the D4. It's a weapon, something that's her strength, but it definitely shouldn't be that a scrub can use that and a good player just can't punish it with a full cross up.

you can also catch mileena with "true mids" meaning mid attacks cannot be crouched no matter how low the hit box is.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Please explain why Sektor's TU would miss her completely if it's fine. I have not tested this, but let's assume for the moment that the TS tested this already.

Saltea Moonspell

@Shady9XD

I totally agree with you here. I see that there are other people here that see the problem.

@TOM, I have all respect for you. We small community in Poland take example of you and of your ideas. You inspire people by what you do for the game and fans.

@Robotic
There are times when the Tp just miss while Mileena doing D4. As i said it happens, though not that much.

Now, regarding the D4. I can deal with it somehow. Its just when you look at the options and benefits as single poke its way overpowered.

Somberness

Lights
Hi,

What i want to talk about here is Mileena's D4 that basically isnt quite same as d4 of other characters.
Sonya has the same d4 and others have very similar ones, so you are wrong.
I have around me two good Mileena operators and they have been abusing this move and we came across some crappy things.
Not that i have anything against abusing a move. The problem is with the move it self.
# It has long range - that i can understand. Pretty normal.
So does her sweep, are we going to have to take that out too?
# It has insane priority - Just insane.
No, it doesn't.
# It lowers drastically characters hit box - It comes to a point that you cant crossover her with FP/BP
Every character can avoid crossover jump punches with d3 or even just ducking. Who cares if some can use d4 instead.
# It gives invincibility
No, it doesn't.
The move seems like its buged - i mean if you look at the rest of roster it just dosent make any sense.

It knocks down Raidens Torpido (at close range), It knocks down - not just push back, by doing it she avoids Sektor tp.
Anything can knockdown electric fly, teleport uppercut, if you time it right and the hitbox connects, bad argument.
What do you Mileena operators have to say and what have you come across ?
Go complain in the Sonya forum, say she doesn't even need to use d4 with her amazing uppercut, standing normals, and 6 frame dive kick.

Please explain why Sektor's TU would miss her completely if it's fine. I have not tested this, but let's assume for the moment that the TS tested this already.
yes, there is a point in her d4 where the TU can wiff based on when you do it and when she d4's. this is just a match up thing where you have to be careful when you TU.

TeaBag

Jack Daniel's Supporter
Use mileena's d4 at max range on Cage's Xray for a laugh. Cool name btw TC, moonspell's one of my favorite bands.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Mileena's D+3/4 is one of her stupid attacks that make her much more annoying to deal with then she needs to be. Hitbox needs to be fixed so she can eat JIP like everyone else.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mileena's D+3/4 is one of her stupid attacks that make her much more annoying to deal with. Hitbox needs to be fixed so she can eat JIP like everyone else.
Like everyone but Kung Lao. Cyrax in most situations too.

Saltea Moonspell

@XXZ

Well even if Sonya has it, its still abnormal next to rest of the cast. Other characters dont have such benefits.

Regarding her sweep - its a sweep as long as it sweeps and dose what it spouse I dont see a reason to do so.

Well regarding her priority you say it dosent - I and many more would say it dose but just looking at the differences between hers and the rest.

You say it dosent have invincibility - wait for more reports. I've witnessed it several times. I might be the Magic of d4 for all the cast, but i cant tell as only Mileena abuse d4 and thats why i have seen it.

Regarding the knockdowns - you might be right here. Though its just odd that a single poke takes out a special. I will do further tests on that.

With all due respect buddy but i will complain or not about whoever i want - and I dont wish for You to tell me what to do or not!.
I'd appreciate if we stay on the subject - I am looking forward to see what others have to say about it - simple as that.

Thank you all for your time.

i'll be honest, i abuse the D4 a lot...Mileena doesn't have much going for her..at close range, she can't do much because her combos are very slow and her specials are punishable...her sweep is one of the slowest sweep in the game...i actually like the fact that her D4 knock down Raiden's superman because i hate the fact that Raiden's superman hit you in crouch position...her D4 can also knockdown Sektor's teleport like you mention...what's even better is that Scorpion, Ermac, and smoke teleport can't hit you if you're just doing Mileena's D4 lol...since her D4 is longer than others, it's easier to catch smoke, scorpion and ermac :)

Saltea Moonspell

Reo made it up to the finals with the very same character you talk about as week in close range etc, etc, etc and yet he almost kicked the living shit out of one of the best Kung Lao users in the States! All i can say is - Dude get some more practice :D

Her D4 is messed up and hopefully soon or later NRS will see it and wont ignore it.
I wont be surprised if that tiny d4 have more then i mentioned.

Reo made it up to the finals with the very same character you talk about as week in close range etc, etc, etc and yet he almost kicked the living shit out of one of the best Kung Lao users in the States! All i can say is - Dude get some more practice :D

Her D4 is messed up and hopefully soon or later NRS will see it and wont ignore it.
I wont be surprised if that tiny d4 have more then i mentioned.
KL Can spin Mileenas D4.

And her D4 isn't that messed up. You can also add Baraka and Reptile to the list of those who have it.

low hit boxes are something you see all the time in fighters. even in a game like T6 small characters cause some combos to miss sometimes and some combos wont work at all. besides combos, small hit boxes cause certain normals/specials to miss in other games. this is something that has been in fighters since the beginning.

Oh no, a character has a good tool. Better take it away! Its unfair that Mileena can do something that other characters can't do.

I can't believe NRS listens to this junk.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
low hit boxes are something you see all the time in fighters. even in a game like T6 small characters cause some combos to miss sometimes and some combos wont work at all. besides combos, small hit boxes cause certain normals/specials to miss in other games. this is something that has been in fighters since the beginning.
and you dont think this is somewhat unfair??... its not like she needs it

it is not unfair, lots of characters can do something that the other cannot. its called unique abilities which separate 1 character from the other.