What's new

Mileena vs. Defensive Players

MaryHuges

Manipulating People
isn't d4 sai unsafe?
can be yes but Up4 is +8 or 9 on block i use it in mix ups pressure or to build meter a fast d4 sai they can just duck under the sai or if they have a really good wake up get get pass it but still i fought alot of ppl not many I seen react to it i always have 2 bars or more cus of the d4 sai build meter fast

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
can be yes but Up4 is +8 or 9 on block i use it in mix ups pressure or to build meter a fast d4 sai they can just duck under the sai or if they have a really good wake up get get pass it but still i fought alot of ppl not many I seen react to it i always have 2 bars or more cus of the d4 sai build meter fast
Were not talking about a knockdown, he just meant d4 sai. If d4 hits and you sai after, it can't be blocked.

u4 u4 b14 dash 112 xx roll b14 Sai/Neckbite (Midscreen)

42 xx Tele xx sai roll b14 tele xx sai (Midscreen)

A little late posting, but thanks for the above, I'll tinker with them later.

The first is actually similar to something I've been tinkering with, which is based on something I saw you do at Toryuken 2, and the second is exactly like one of my combos save I end it a little differently.

u4 u4 b14 dash 112 xx roll b14 Sai/Neckbite (Midscreen)

42 xx Tele xx sai roll b14 tele xx sai (Midscreen)
Just wanted to say thanks, these two are great. The first is now the highest damage output I can do with Mileena, and the second, ending it the way you do, squeezes an extra 2% out of what I was originally doing.

Cheers!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Just wanted to say thanks, these two are great. The first is now the highest damage output I can do with Mileena, and the second, ending it the way you do, squeezes an extra 2% out of what I was originally doing.

Cheers!

No problem man, always happy to help

No problem man, always happy to help
Hi Jer,

Another question for you, if I may: I typically play the game on my Vita during my commutes to and from work now, leaving me no choice but to play the AI (Expert Arcade Ladder runs and Test Your Luck, mostly).

Against the AI, you can usually get away with a lot of jump in punches, which is what I often do against it to start my combos, however with Mileena, I find doing Splits after a Jump in Punch doesn't always connect as a proper string.

In the Practice Room it's fine, but in matches, I often find the AI Blocks my first Splits after the Jump In Punch (and the Jump In Punch does indeed connect).

Basically, do you happen to know why it works in Practice, but not in a match?

Thanks!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hmm, thats weird. It should always connect, maybe the timing is messed up or something, because once you hit with a jip you have all day to connect with another move

Hmm, thats weird. It should always connect, maybe the timing is messed up or something, because once you hit with a jip you have all day to connect with another move
Yeah, it's gotta be a timing error on my end then. I'll tinker and see in a bit.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jer