What's new

Match-up Discussion Mileena Matchup Discussion Thread

lmao man if you're gonna throw out frame data and such, at least know what you are talking about haha

yes, straight missile has a 4f faster start up than tele kick, but did you forget that there are recovery frames? it takes a whole 52f for straight missile to recover, more than enough time for mileena to TK it, ESPECIALLY from full screen. Any missile he does gets tele'd or rolled. Period.

WHY is Mileena going to use ground sai? That's asking to be hit. There you go with your theory fighting again lol. NO Mileena will do ground sai in this match. That's dumb and suicidal. But since you wanna throw out frame data, just remember that ias is 14f. In order for sektor to punish that, it would have to be on a read. No way is he punishing that on reaction. That's why Mileena can bait him into using the tele, and then he's punished.

So far Mileena is winning, lol.

B34 gets rolled EVERYTIME. Block B3, duck 4, then roll. Done.

In order for Sektor to even get pressure on a Mileena is off of a jip, and in order to land a JIP, he has to jump, which is dangerous. Mileena can just duck the entire time. 12b1 definitely doesn't work. b34 doesn't work. What is Sektor gonna do against a ducking Mileena? Whereas, Mileena's pressure remains the same. Sure its slower than Sektors, but none of her strings whiff on him, while a majority of his does.

Mileena wins man lol.
So no mileena will throw ground sais and she can't ias but mileena wins from full screen. Sure thing.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Tejh full screen active frames of the missle includes the entire length of time it takes for the missle to travel across the screen. He is not left punishable to telekick for the entire duration of the missle flight.

Take your own advice. It's 20 frames.
Think for a minute. There is no way that is true. d3s have the duration of 20 frames. Do straight missles really have the same recovery as a d3? GTFO bro.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Tejh full screen active frames of the missle includes the entire length of time it takes for the missle to travel across the screen. He is not left punishable to telekick for the entire duration of the missle flight.
play sonic, jer, pig or me, go full screen, and throw a missile lol
So no mileena will throw ground sais and she can't ias but mileena wins from full screen. Sure thing.
ground sais are suicidal. If the sektor player has gdlk reactions, he can punish ias. she mainly uses ias to bait out the tele, not to zone. sektor cant zone at all. thats why she wins from full screen.

Reactions: Jer
play sonic, jer, pig or me, go full screen, and throw a missile lol

ground sais are suicidal. If the sektor player has gdlk reactions, he can punish ias. she mainly uses ias to bait out the tele, not to zone. sektor cant zone at all. thats why she wins from full screen.
You can't use a move that gets blown up on reaction to bait the move that hits it.

I looked at some recovery frames and what I found before as 20 active frames from straight missle was incorrect. with included recovery frames it actually is 52 frames. So yes, I digress on that point. I was wrong. TK can hit missile on reaction.

On any note, mileena cn hit sektor on reaction. Sektor can hit mileena on reaction. mileena gets a TK into a sai, sektor gets a full combo.

You want to bait out a move that blows you up? why? I've gatehred now that you think Mileena somehow has an advantage from range but she can't use air sai or ground sai at all either. Yeah... Ok.

Ex TU is -6. you get to punish the move you baited with a frame perfect D3. There's still no advantage from range for Mileena.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You can't use a move that gets blown up on reaction to bait the move that hits it.

I looked at some recovery frames and what I found before as 20 active frames from straight missle was incorrect. with included recovery frames it actually is 52 frames. So yes, I digress on that point. I was wrong. TK can hit missile on reaction.

On any note, mileena cn hit sektor on reaction. Sektor can hit mileena on reaction. mileena gets a TK into a sai, sektor gets a full combo.

You want to bait out a move that blows you up? why? I've gatehred now that you think Mileena somehow has an advantage from range but she can't use air sai or ground sai at all either. Yeah... Ok.

Ex TU is -6. you get to punish the move you baited with a frame perfect D3. There's still no advantage from range for Mileena.
So there is no range game, and mileena wins up close......

xKhaoTik

ROLL

xKhaoTik

bet u didnt know ex tu can be dashed and then punished lol.

mileena wins man. geezzzz

xKhaoTik

I forgot how you can roll while TU is hitting you while you're in recovery.

Roll what?
what are you talking about?

man stop. I just saw your matchup chart lol. I'm done.

Mileena wins. If you don't wanna believe it, fine, I can't force you to. But based on your matchup chart and your understanding of frame data, you have a lot to learn.

Good Day.

heh.. My matchup chart only has about 2 or 3 differences than what's widely accepted, but whatever.

I read some frame data regarding the missile that was incorrectly posted. It had all the duration and executable frames jumbled together.

Whoever flamed me before for incorrect interpretation was not correct either though. TK is 40 duration frames. You have 12 frames to hit missile on reaction, not 28.

Not of any consequence though, because the fact is the bad frame data I was looking at isn't conclusive. What is, is that Mileena wins. Can't really take my last 2 pages of posts back, but sai has 48 duration frames where TU is 62. Missile is 52 where TK is 40. Mileena hits missile on reaction, sektor doesn't hit sai on raction. It's not the other way aorund as I had thought. Mileena wins from range.

i think bro that its a bad match up 6 4 my guess but if it sooo bad then pick up sector but the one thing millena gots against sector are footsies and ex tel port punishment

or maby the guy had like 100 hours on mileena cause i main mileena myself but i practice with a guy who mains sektor and he get me 2 8 of the matches but im getting better and in time i will make it 5.5

9_Lives

Noob
Sultani, excuse my friend madslayer20, he is a new player, and tends to be a troll. Odds are it was just the screens and nerves together making it a harder match on you. We'll run some long sets when I come up, it'll be cool. :D

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
This hurts now.

Full screen game is stupid, sektor throws any missle, i either roll in or tele and im in. Sektor had a hard time poking out of any low pressure at all, what else does he have now? You can flame me away but do you really want me full screen again?

Also the dude that says he loses 2 8 to his friends Sektor, no offense at all but i dont know who you or your friend are, al that statement is completely irrelevant

it possibly he has been in the competitive play more then i have lol i have madey 12 hours into Milleena when he has at least 30 in kung lao 20 in kabal and 10 in almost every character i believe this is what makes are games 2 8 and i have only just started to punish with bnbs instead of uppercuts lol the only down side to palyin with someone this good is that i dont know if im getting better or what but i go online and win alot looking for more players to play with to message me for my psn i d love to learn new things

Doesn't really need to be discussed further imo. The bad frame data I had in mind that had me feeling like missiles couldnt be hit on reaction is wrong. Mileena has 12 frames to input a TK every single time missile is used.

Up close though I'm not convinced that it's as heavily one sided as people say it is. Both players have answers for everything.

xKhaoTik

Doesn't really need to be discussed further imo. The bad frame data I had in mind that had me feeling like missiles couldnt be hit on reaction is wrong. Mileena has 12 frames to input a TK every single time missile is used.

Up close though I'm not convinced that it's as heavily one sided as people say it is. Both players have answers for everything.
no one said its heavily one sided. its just that sektors offense is limited, while mileena's remains the same.

no one said its heavily one sided. its just that sektors offense is limited, while mileena's remains the same.
That's true,, but I feel that the limitation is minimalized alot because those limitations go away as soon as mileena stands up. She needs to stay ducking to keep sektor's options limited, which in turn limits her options as well. I mean, I get that all of her strings can land and sektor's wiff when she's ducking, I jsut don't agree that this can be used to conclude that mileena wins up close.

Bleys I'd love to get some longer sets in. Hopefully we'll have more setups next time for casuals and not be packed into the corner. lol

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I really wish I went to WB so I could've recorded matches vs STH or something, or that my hour long casuals with Gross were recorded. He didn't take a game off me with Sektor, only smoke.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lol @ Sultani's reasoning behind the Sektor matchup not being bad for Sektor. Biggest theory fighting I've seen in ages. If anyone doesn't want to admit it, it's me but Sektor's offense is so crippled in that matchup and even when he does get an opportunity to punish it's nowhere near the damage he wants.

Anyway, I was discussing the Scorpion matchup with Death in the Ermac forum and he pointed out that Ermac beats her because of how hard she punishes her, Scorpion generally gets just as much damage meterless + vortex setups on top and doesn't really need to spend meter anyway imo. I'm open to 5-5 but I feel it could be 4-6 in Scorp's favor, I'm pretty rusty on this matchup though and haven't played it in months so I probably wouldn't make it look like it's in Scorpion's favor anyway lol.

Thoughts?

xKhaoTik

it could be in scorps favor. I haven't had any problems in the MU with Mileena tho. They are both risky as hell, both have shitty pokes, slow/bad normals, hella mixups, etc. They are basically the same. The only standout that scorpion has over mileena is that the risk and reward factor is more in his favor because of the vortex. Mileena doesn't have that.