What's new

Video/Tutorial Mileena Kombat Videos

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
If you ever wanna see some Mileena stuff, check the archives or watch it live.

Twitch.tv/jersupafly

Just got around to watching this. Good match, but it seemed the Ermac player didn't know how to punish you at all. Didn't go for full combos off blocked telekicks or rolls. Also dropped some damage on his anti-air jump punch combos. Still, I don't see a lot wrong with your Mileena. I'd use more D4 spacing, personally, but you did what you had to do and it worked for you.

Some matches against RedRaptor10s Skarlet. Didn't know the matchup beforehand so I was basically learning as we played.

We played about 20 something matches, but these were the ones RedRaptor picked as they were the best ones.

EDIT: Please forgive the video quality.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Just got around to watching this. Good match, but it seemed the Ermac player didn't know how to punish you at all. Didn't go for full combos off blocked telekicks or rolls. Also dropped some damage on his anti-air jump punch combos. Still, I don't see a lot wrong with your Mileena. I'd use more D4 spacing, personally, but you did what you had to do and it worked for you.
thanks for the input man
ye the ermac did drop a fair bit of damage and i told him previously d1 was was to deal with telekick with ermac but he just wasted linking to the lift for some reason, i also was jumping all over the place that day and losing to many air to airs
on d4, yea id agree should of used it more but i used to overuse that move so i try not to go to it all the time so my opp doesnt see it coming deep jump kick me

btw in the raka forum i have posted the finals of this tourny (use mileena 1st game,raka 2nd),if could get your input on the mileena bit be handy 2, vs a kenshi

retic

Noob
Hi all. Can anyone help me understand what happened at aroudn 8:20 of this match?

Mileena's bar just....vanished yet I don't see her attempting an EX move.

Ideas?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Very possible he buffered a move like ex tele or something and no animation came out, happens all the time

London Lust

Lagleena Player
Okay, I'm a nooby Mileena and I wanted to post two of my videos here so you guys could tell me what I'm doing wrong :D I had this game in June but then took a hiatus from it, but now I'm playing it again. So here are the videos. Also, please ignore the sound, it is a little off for some reason :/

not bad, work on ias, try to teleport less, and work on maximizing damage, but you looked like you got a pretty solid foundation to work off of, good luck on your mileena

IAS= instant air sai, it's when you jump then immediatly throw sias, try to do them as close to the ground and as quickly as you can, after a certain point it becomes much more effecttive then regular sia's due to lowered recovery and startup

its solid, mix it in with the U+4 4,2 frame trap and the occasional B+3 and your gonna have a spectacular rush down to compliment mileena's good zoning

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Being at zero frames makes it a frame trap? Just so I'm on the same page here

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Being at zero frames makes it a frame trap? Just so I'm on the same page here
No. The reference is to a blocked U4 being at +9 and 4 being 14 frames. That's a 5 frame window. From the right distance, it can't be interrupted, so it's a frame trap. I know you already know this. Im dumbing it down so that whoever reads it next knows as well.

Better wording would have been "a blocked U4 into 42 is a frame trap" but most mileena players I know just refer to it as the "U4 frame trap" or the "U4, 42 frame trap".

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Noone really posts in here much, but here's a video of the tournament I was at over the weekend.

The first match wasn't uploaded but I was up 1-0