What's new

Video/Tutorial Mileena Kombat Videos

Didn't see a thread for match videos for Mileena yet, so I figured I'd create one myself. This should be for matches only (online/offline/tournament, whatever), as opposed to combo vids, or other misc. vids.

Here's a vid from the room I stayed in at ECT3 where I play a few matches with Mileena against Dreamkiller's Shang Tsung.

This is the only first 3 matches of a much longer set. But this is the first offline footage I have of my Mileena so I thought I'd share.

And btw, is there any way to link vids to youtube without having the vid embedded on the post itself? Like couldn't it just be a link? It's no problem right now, but it cuts down on loading time when multiple vids get posted in the same page.

The matches were good, but the commentator was epic. Yeah, Mileena's footsies are gdlk for real. Shang player wasn't punishing blocked teleports properly.

Sirop

Noob
Some flashy moves there. I prefer ending a kombo with an uppercut, simply because Mileena doesn't cause so much damage.

Thanks for all the feedback. The commentator is Malice, who is another friend of mine from the Soul Calibur community. He's been involved with Capcom fighters as well at the Break and what not, so you may or may not have heard of him. Dreamkiller got much better with punishing and defending Mileena in the later matches that didn't get recorded, as this was mainly just for fun.

Sirop - True. I honestly think it depends on the matchup which combo ender benefits her the most. If you have someone with scary wakeup attacks or want to keep them in a corner, ending with Neckbite seems better since it keeps them standing. But sometimes knocking them down far away from you is better.

ZeroEffect: You played SC4? Tell Dreamkiller Nori says what's up:)
Yeah, I'm one of the only Talim players and probably the only semi-successful one right now. (On 8wayrun I'm under ZeroEffect317.)

I'll give him the message. DK has an account on here I think.

That's the idea. I'm hoping more people will post vids of Mileena matches here, even if it's not their own, so we can all learn stuff.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
As of right now, i have no way of recording myself. Within the coming weeks i should be getting something and there will be a slew of footage :)

How do you air kick -> instantly teleport? I can't get the timing down for shit. :(

I can do it maybe every 1/10 tries -_-. Tips, please?

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
How do you air kick -> instantly teleport? I can't get the timing down for shit. :(

I can do it maybe every 1/10 tries -_-. Tips, please?
As you are jumping toward them, hit forward repeatedly and FK twice quickly (only twice). Start both these actions at the same time. That's what I do, anyway.

As you are jumping toward them, hit forward repeatedly and FK twice quickly (only twice). Start both these actions at the same time. That's what I do, anyway.
No luck with that technique so far. For now, I'm just gonna stick to the simple Teleport -> Air Sai -> Roll -> Followup combo. I'll have to practice Kick -> Teleport.

Thanks for the tips, though. :)

No, no. You press Up and forward+4(BK) together... then press Forward+3(FK) immediately after it hits. Doing Up+forward buffers the first forward motion of the teleport. So when you hit, you do forward+3 giving you the second forward motion. So it's Uf+4 then f+3.

You can mash forward to insure it works, but you don't have to. You can't really hit confirm it too well though, so you gotta be going for it all the way.

edit: it's also easier for me when I land a late jumpkick on the way down, as opposed to a fast jumpkick.

Thank you, this works much better.

I can get it probably 8/10 tries, I only miss when I accidentally hit Down/Up BARELY (instead of towards.). Damn Xbox D-Pad :\.

Runefyst

Noob
Hey guys, my friend and I have started a show quite similar to The Excellent Adventures shows that Gootecks & Mike Ross do (we're not nearly as pro of course) for the fighting game community here on the east coast of Canada. In the episodes that we play MK, I'll be mostly using Mileena, so I'll post them here.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
No, no. You press Up and forward+4(BK) together... then press Forward+3(FK) immediately after it hits. Doing Up+forward buffers the first forward motion of the teleport. So when you hit, you do forward+3 giving you the second forward motion. So it's Uf+4 then f+3.

You can mash forward to insure it works, but you don't have to. You can't really hit confirm it too well though, so you gotta be going for it all the way.

edit: it's also easier for me when I land a late jumpkick on the way down, as opposed to a fast jumpkick.
What I do for late jumpkick into the tk is jf and then ff then slide from BK to FK. Like you said can't really be hit confirmed so EX probably isn't a bad idea if you don't want to be punished.

Nice vid btw learned a lot, been on 8wr for a while and never actually heard Malice before lol, good commentary.

I'd like to, but I don't have any way of recording myself at the moment. The last vid I posted was recorded by Malice. Maybe when I'm able to play some more matches offline, I can get someone to record them.

Is there anyone who can move the match vids, (the Reo ones and the AIBoston ones) from their threads and put them here to keep organized?