What's new

Mileena General Discussion

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

Mileena patch notes-
  • Mileena - Poisonous Butterfly (Towards + Back Kick) now has airborne frames when Mileena is off the ground
  • Mileena - The hit reactions to Kahnum Dash Amplify, Kahnum Dash Further Amplify, & Ridin' Dirty (Front Punch, Front Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now have airborne frames when Mileena is off the ground
  • Mileena - Fixed a rare issue where Play Time (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) could leave a lingering visual effect on certain costumes

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Mileena patch notes-
  • Mileena - Poisonous Butterfly (Towards + Back Kick) now has airborne frames when Mileena is off the ground
  • Mileena - The hit reactions to Kahnum Dash Amplify, Kahnum Dash Further Amplify, & Ridin' Dirty (Front Punch, Front Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now have airborne frames when Mileena is off the ground
  • Mileena - Fixed a rare issue where Play Time (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) could leave a lingering visual effect on certain costumes
Lol. They nerfed kahnum dash

Afumba

Noob
Oh god.

I apologise, but this guy has no idea what he’s asking for. All the changes he’s suggesting would definitely make Mileena way overpowered.

He even went and said, “MKX mileena had all these projectiles and she wasn’t overpowered” as if Mileena wasn’t debatable top 2 in MKX
If she would get all those things as base kit i agree with you. But if she would get some of those things and they would mostly be tied to her slot abilities (like air sai cancel) then i agree with several things he said. Especially in a world were Jacqui, Cetrion etc are considered too strong but acceptable as the top power level.

To go through his ideas:
  • breakaway issue: needs to happen no matter what. Its stupid how it is now.
  • air sai cancel: no reason why she shouldnt get it. I agree with him here, she should be allowed to cancel after airtele and out of airborne moves.
  • sai slide: i agree with him on this one too. Its too slow and has too much recovery for what it does. Its also easily interrupted or avoided. Dont see the harm in speeding it up and KB guaranteeing a combo like Sindels scream.
  • Kahnum Dash: agree here too. Either faster cancel + more damage/status effect or remove the "lose ball requirement"
  • b1: a few pixel more range wouldnt hurt, but its whatever.
  • f4: No, Its fine as is.
  • f43: yes, it should be safe
  • lowsai: No. But i agree that trading regular sai+1 slot is a steep price for what it does. Honestly dont see much reason to use it cuz of this.
  • telekick: no, she should never get a tele launcher on her basekit ever. I am not a fan of her tele launching in general cuz i think it doesnt fit her, but if its the only option to make the airtele ability appealing than maybe they can add it to the airtele abiloty and make it 2 slots... Not a fan of this idea but i dont think it makes her op.
So beside the breakaway and the F4 everything is tied to slots, so i honestly dont see how this makes her much stronger than our current top tier. Maybe you care to elaborate.

What i do see though is that this might give other abilities a spot and it definitively would give her a lot more customisation potential.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If she would get all those things as base kit i agree with you. But if she would get some of those things and they would mostly be tied to her slot abilities (like air sai cancel) then i agree with several things he said. Especially in a world were Jacqui, Cetrion etc are considered too strong but acceptable as the top power level.

To go through his ideas:
  • breakaway issue: needs to happen no matter what. Its stupid how it is now.
  • air sai cancel: no reason why she shouldnt get it. I agree with him here, she should be allowed to cancel after airtele and out of airborne moves.
  • sai slide: i agree with him on this one too. Its too slow and has too much recovery for what it does. Its also easily interrupted or avoided. Dont see the harm in speeding it up and KB guaranteeing a combo like Sindels scream.
  • Kahnum Dash: agree here too. Either faster cancel + more damage/status effect or remove the "lose ball requirement"
  • b1: a few pixel more range wouldnt hurt, but its whatever.
  • f4: No, Its fine as is.
  • f43: yes, it should be safe
  • lowsai: No. But i agree that trading regular sai+1 slot is a steep price for what it does. Honestly dont see much reason to use it cuz of this.
  • telekick: no, she should never get a tele launcher on her basekit ever. I am not a fan of her tele launching in general cuz i think it doesnt fit her, but if its the only option to make the airtele ability appealing than maybe they can add it to the airtele abiloty and make it 2 slots... Not a fan of this idea but i dont think it makes her op.
So beside the breakaway and the F43 everything is tied to slots, so i honestly dont see how this makes her much stronger than our current top tier. Maybe you care to elaborate.

What i do see though is that this might give other abilities a spot and it definitively would give her a lot more customisation potential.
Earlier in the thread I have detailed the buffs/changes I would like her to receive.

The only changes I agree with that he has suggested are f12 being special cancellable into air moves (but none of these should jail on block) and f43 being safe (-7) but only in the non-playtime version of it.

Regarding the breakaway issue, my suggestion/solution would be that the rolling thunder variant can’t be broken away from till after roll back, but regular should remain as is.

Afumba

Noob
Earlier in the thread I have detailed the buffs/changes I would like her to receive.

The only changes I agree with that he has suggested are f12 being special cancellable into air moves (but none of these should jail on block) and f43 being safe (-7) but only in the non-playtime version of it.

Regarding the breakaway issue, my suggestion/solution would be that the rolling thunder variant can’t be broken away from till after roll back, but regular should remain as is.
I read you suggestions and if i remember correctly you had tweaks to most abilities that arent basekit. This simply means that you have other suggestions than he has.Thats not what i meant, maybe i didnt make myself clear enough.

You said everything he has asked for makes Mileena overpowered. Beside of some exception i disagree. So my question was more toward why you think it makes her overpowered or what specificly cuz i dont see it.

I agree with you that airsai cancel shouldnt jail on block. F43 only for non playtime version i can agree with. I completely disagree on the breakaway issue though. It should be for both regular and rolling thunder. No reason not to.

What's this I hear about people wanting Kahnum Dash to do more damage?

I dunno if I'd go that route since it's supposed to be a faster, peskier alternative with roll that you can cancel.

If it did Bleed Damage like Baraka's Leg Kabob (and NOT like Kano's stupid high DOT) and she had a KB at the end of spending both bars, I think that'd be better.

Afumba

Noob

I dunno if I'd go that route since it's supposed to be a faster, peskier alternative with roll that you can cancel.

If it did Bleed Damage like Baraka's Leg Kabob (and NOT like Kano's stupid high DOT) and she had a KB at the end of spending both bars, I think that'd be better.
More damage suggestions probably stems from lack of faith in adding things to Kahnum Dash. Thats why it was one of my suggestions for example. Better this than nothing.

I too would prefer a bleed (or any other effect) over more damage.

KB should be added either way. Same goes for faster ducking animation and better cancel.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I read you suggestions and if i remember correctly you had tweaks to most abilities that arent basekit. This simply means that you have other suggestions than he has.Thats not what i meant, maybe i didnt make myself clear enough.

You said everything he has asked for makes Mileena overpowered. Beside of some exception i disagree. So my question was more toward why you think it makes her overpowered or what specificly cuz i dont see it.

I agree with you that airsai cancel shouldnt jail on block. F43 only for non playtime version i can agree with. I completely disagree on the breakaway issue though. It should be for both regular and rolling thunder. No reason not to.
Because the suggestions he made are overpowered:
  • sai slide and air tele being combo starters
  • mixup off her full screen tracking teleport into whether or not you can punish it
  • high unbreakable damage for no extra customs slot
Even if they’re tied to slots, they’re still really strong.

It is slower than her roll. Its cancel is minus double-digits. Its mix is incredibly easy to fuzzy. Its run is hilariously pointless.

Literally all it has going for it is that it does unbreakable damage, only base sai toss does more, so it has NOTHING going for it. And seeing how it replaces your only launcher, yeah, doing some damage is kind of expected of it.

Last edited:
I'd rather it have bleed. It's weird Mileena doesn't have any moves that give a bleed dot.
And yeah I don't like Air Tele as a Launcher either.

If you gave her back the old Sai cancel after Tele, you could incorporate Air Tele and Air Sai into combos more.

Afumba

Noob
Because the suggestions he made are overpowered:
  • sai slide and air tele being combo starters
  • mixup off her full screen tracking teleport into whether or not you can punish it
  • high unbreakable damage for no extra customs slot
Even if they’re tied to slots, they’re still really strong.
I agree with the teleport but sai slide being a combo starter, just the KB that is, is nowhere near overpowered. Move is atm really underpowered.

Anyways, thanks for clarifying.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Is there any scenario where bleed DoT is better than straight up damage? I’ve never explicitly checked but it seems like it’s fairly similar damage to a front loaded KB just spread over time.

The only possible advantage I can think of is that maybe DoT bypasses damage scaling.