What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Real talk what will those 2 buffs do exactly. F12~air sai won’t get you much but a knockdown unless you amp the sais which doesn’t juggle them long enough for ball role unless your close to the ground and it still depends on distance for the ball roll to hit.
Base f43 being -6 is good but you can’t cancel it and you will have to deal with the wake up mind game. The way I see it she needs more moves to be base and for NRS to design more abilities because right now choice is not something this kharacter has.
f12~ex air sais, f124 would almost certainly combo. She can already combo jik~ex air sais easily into f12 (and with good spacing into f43) so I honestly can’t see why this would work. If you look at the way f12 works on hit, it’s inconceivable that cancelling into ex airs sais would not provide a combo.

This would make her f12 a decent punish now as she’d probably be getting ~26% for a bar off a fast advancing string.

f43 being safe in base decreases reliance on having playtime equipped. Yes, if you want to cancel the string you will need to have it equipped, but it having a legitimate use in its base form reduces the reliance on this move as a whole. Along with f12 being a more punishing spacing tool, this would allow for load outs of mileena that can function without having to have playtime equipped.

Of course I would also like some of her customs specifically to be buffed, but her base kit is honestly pretty decent.

In terms of specific kustom buffs:

Kahnum dash:
Attack starts up 6 frames earlier (currently the run starts up in 12 frames but it takes another 12 frames for the hitbox to generate. Keep the run startup at 12 frames, but make the hit come out at frame 18 instead of frame 24)

Kahnum dash combos of 233

and ONE of the following

Running gives projectile immunity like Kotal’s Cat.
Krushing Blow on double ex if the dash punishes or kounterhits a projectile (deals 32%)

OR

Increased damage of kahnum dash (regular does 12%, ex does 16%, double ex does 19%)
Krushing Blow after double enhancing the dash twice (activates on the third double enhance and deals 32%)

Sai Slide:
sai slide can be cancelled by spending a bar of defensive meter

startup reduced to 25 frames

Sai slide can be held for longer to potentially allow it to go full screen

Vanish:
Recovery frames reduced to 30 (down from 48)

Duration increased by 2 seconds

Rolling Thunder:
When hit by the overhead ball roll, the opponent cannot break the ex roll back (similar to Kitana’s fan lift). If you hold it and make it into regular ball roll, they can still break.

Low Sai Blast:
Enhanced low sai blast made -10 on block with slightly more pushback.

Air teleport:
Startup reduced to 16 frames

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Low Sai Blast:

Air teleport:
The rest of the list is decent but I still would never pick these two with these buffs.

Even with a safer amp for the low version regular Sai is still better IMO. Starts up faster, throws two projectiles instead of one, and takes up more space. Really low Sai just needs to not replace normal sai’s.

My issue with air tele is that she still has to fall to the ground to activate it, which just defeats the purpose of an air teleport. You’ll likely just fall right into whatever you were trying to avoid and the increased travel time will probably make you too late to punish anyway.

DC King

Noob
Let me just say I made a mistake and said she only has 2 base abilities when I’m fact she’s has 3 because I completely forgot about tele-drop. Speaking of tele-drop why does it hit mid, has 21f start up and 40f recovery.

I still say she needs more choices but I wanna speak on this base move for a bit. If this is supposed to be her anti-zoning tool it should make you think twice about throwing projectiles at her in fear you might lose 1/3 of your life. How about making it 14f start up while still leaving it as a mid with 40f recovery but if you spend a bar you get a pop up.

She already has Sai Blast for unbreakable damage and since they gave Kitana her Sai amp from tele this will add something different to MK11 Mileena.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I still say she needs more choices but I wanna speak on this base move for a bit. If this is supposed to be her anti-zoning tool it should make you think twice about throwing projectiles at her in fear you might lose 1/3 of your life. How about making it 14f start up while still leaving it as a mid with 40f recovery but if you spend a bar you get a pop up.
This is an absolutely ridiculous request. You want her to have a full screen tracking MID teleport launcher that starts up in 14 frames? You’ve got to be kidding me. Making the aerial one faster does actually make a difference, makes it harder to anti air and gives jump back more of a threat.

Even with a safer amp for the low version regular Sai is still better IMO. Starts up faster, throws two projectiles instead of one, and takes up more space. Really low Sai just needs to not replace normal sai’s.
The fact of the matter is that low sai blast is currently preferred in some matchups. So it ALREADY sees some use. I think making it safe would be enough tbh.

DC King

Noob
This is an absolutely ridiculous request. You want her to have a full screen tracking MID teleport launcher that starts up in 14 frames? You’ve got to be kidding me. Making the aerial one faster does actually make a difference, makes it harder to anti air and gives jump back more of a threat.

The fact of the matter is that low sai blast is currently preferred in some matchups. So it ALREADY sees some use. I think making it safe would be enough tbh.
14f is a bit too much but it’s not a ridiculous request to ask for this move to do something other than knockdown if I’m gonna burn meter for it only to get 12%. Again this move is 21f with 40 recovery I am risking my life to counter projectiles and some have a start up of 15f. The risk versus reward is pathetic.

Afumba

Noob
14f is a bit too much but it’s not a ridiculous request to ask for this move to do something other than knockdown if I’m gonna burn meter for it only to get 12%. Again this move is 21f with 40 recovery I am risking my life to counter projectiles and some have a start up of 15f. The risk versus reward is pathetic.
I agree with Panicmode... fast launching tracking mid teleport is ridiculous on Mileena. I would take it ofc but its way overboard.

I could see it being a few frames faster cuz she has that long "go through the ground animation" but a launcher is too much. 12% for a teleport is also acceptable, i mean sure its low but its a fullscreen move and gives a nice knockdown. If anything the problem is that you have to spend the bar on hit, at least in my oppinion you have to.

If they wanna do something with this move i rather have them make her go through the ground faster and allow to cancel into air sai.

Last edited:

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
14f is a bit too much but it’s not a ridiculous request to ask for this move to do something other than knockdown if I’m gonna burn meter for it only to get 12%.
Lol this request is definitely ridiculous. you’re asking for a near unreactable, mid, fullscreen launcher in her base moveset.

You’re “risking your life” because the ability to cross the screen near instantly (and for the majority of that space you’re completely invulnerable) to appear right in front of your opponent no matter where they are is insanely powerful. It’s basically an offensive Shoryuken, and it warps the neutral by merely existing in a very similar way. 12%, a knockdown, and the ability to chose the side you land on is plenty reward enough.

DC King

Noob
Lol calm down guys/girls it’s just an suggestion to add a little more combo variety. This game already has kharacters that have meter less lauchers but me suggesting that they give her an ability other than ball roll to launch her opponent is ridiculous even though she has to spend a bar. I made this suggestion because I was thinking about ways for a khanum dash user to be able to use b114 kb without turning dash into a launcher.
The animation for tele-drop seems like it would be less work for the devs seeing as she takes the opponent and slams them to the ground.

DarkSado

Noob
Let me just say I made a mistake and said she only has 2 base abilities when I’m fact she’s has 3 because I completely forgot about tele-drop. Speaking of tele-drop why does it hit mid, has 21f start up and 40f recovery.

She already has Sai Blast for unbreakable damage and since they gave Kitana her Sai amp from tele this will add something different to MK11 Mileena.
LMAO WTF!!!!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
f12~ex air sais, f124 would almost certainly combo. She can already combo jik~ex air sais easily into f12 (and with good spacing into f43) so I honestly can’t see why this would work. If you look at the way f12 works on hit, it’s inconceivable that cancelling into ex airs sais would not provide a combo.

This would make her f12 a decent punish now as she’d probably be getting ~26% for a bar off a fast advancing string.

f43 being safe in base decreases reliance on having playtime equipped. Yes, if you want to cancel the string you will need to have it equipped, but it having a legitimate use in its base form reduces the reliance on this move as a whole. Along with f12 being a more punishing spacing tool, this would allow for load outs of mileena that can function without having to have playtime equipped.

Of course I would also like some of her customs specifically to be buffed, but her base kit is honestly pretty decent.

In terms of specific kustom buffs:

Kahnum dash:
Attack starts up 6 frames earlier (currently the run starts up in 12 frames but it takes another 12 frames for the hitbox to generate. Keep the run startup at 12 frames, but make the hit come out at frame 18 instead of frame 24)

Kahnum dash combos of 233

and ONE of the following

Running gives projectile immunity like Kotal’s Cat.
Krushing Blow on double ex if the dash punishes or kounterhits a projectile (deals 32%)

OR

Increased damage of kahnum dash (regular does 12%, ex does 16%, double ex does 19%)
Krushing Blow after double enhancing the dash twice (activates on the third double enhance and deals 32%)

Sai Slide:
sai slide can be cancelled by spending a bar of defensive meter

startup reduced to 25 frames

Sai slide can be held for longer to potentially allow it to go full screen

Vanish:
Recovery frames reduced to 30 (down from 48)

Duration increased by 2 seconds

Rolling Thunder:
When hit by the overhead ball roll, the opponent cannot break the ex roll back (similar to Kitana’s fan lift). If you hold it and make it into regular ball roll, they can still break.

Low Sai Blast:

Air teleport:
Jaysus man that's lot of buffs lol

The teleport one is main overkill one, u want the fastest hitting Telepirt attack in game by a good few frames?

AND the safer low sai with MORE pushback?

Mileena players need to stop with the make this base, make that base, it's not happening guys. Please see that.

I just want b221 not be duckable and the strings not to reset her throw kB and be grand.
Tweedys idea about not breaking about from roll till a D2 can be got is gold though.

I'd like to see the f12 special cancelable but it is a fairly big buff

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jaysus man that's lot of buffs lol

The teleport one is main overkill one, u want the fastest hitting Telepirt attack in game by a good few frames?

AND the safer low sai with MORE pushback?

Mileena players need to stop with the make this base, make that base, it's not happening guys. Please see that.

I just want b221 not be duckable and the strings not to reset her throw kB and be grand.
Tweedys idea about not breaking about from roll till a D2 can be got is gold though.

I'd like to see the f12 special cancelable but it is a fairly big buff
Yah it does seem like a large amount of buffs I agree. However, if you look at how she plays currently, basically all the buffs are to customs that see very little gameplay or they’re just the final filler because they’re outclassed or just not worth using.

My goal with my suggestions isn’t necessarily to make Mileena incredibly strong, but rather to give her options with which customs she could potentially equip and still be viable. Because the suggested buffs are to custom moves only
(barring the two base changes I’ve suggested which have the end result of making other kustoms more viable rather than just the base kit itself) it encourages more varied play. True you could go about it the exact opposite way, by nerfing stabby and playtime effectively making all her kustoms neutered, but that’s always less fun.

Regarding the teleport, I was only suggesting her AIR teleport be buffed; not the base one. This gives her more reason to equip said move. It still has the same risk and same reward, you’d have to sacrifice a customs slot for it, and you’d still have to jump in order to capitalise on the faster start up.

Regarding low sai, currently it’s only useful in specific niche matchups and it’s disappointing because base sai is generally the better option in most cases AND doesn’t require a customs slot. If it didn’t conflict with regular sais there’d be absolutely no problem. As it stands, I just think she shouldn’t have to sacrifice her better chip, a custom move slot AND safety all at once to equip a move.

As for b112 hitting mid (I assume that’s the string you meant) I realllly don’t think that’s gonna happen because you’ve already got b114 for that.

I just want a mileena that isn’t stabby + playtime + filler. I don’t think she’s bad, I just want more variety. As she is she’s a solid upper mid tier with good spacing, decent damage, solid keep away and ok staggers; it’s just everyone is forced to basically play the same loadout.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I just want a mileena that isn’t stabby + playtime + filler. I don’t think she’s bad, I just want more variety. As she is she’s a solid upper mid tier with good spacing, decent damage, solid keep away and ok staggers; it’s just everyone is forced to basically play the same loadout.
This is my whole thing and why I’ve temporarily stopped using her. She isn’t unviable or anything it just sucks that she has basically only one build. I don’t even like rolling thunder and I could live probably live without one of Play Time or Stabbyscotch. But there is just nothing else worth picking.

Wait can Mileena not punish backward wakeup roll with Stabbyscotch? Don't tell me she can't rofl. Ive spent over 30 minutes in practice mode trying to, but the throw always whiffs on the startup frames. And if i do it too late it completely whiffs.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I knew mileena telekick frame data was off in game

The move doesn't have 21 frame start up, its 26
I think it’s 21 frames till the hitbox becomes active; the hitbox is active as she comes down from the sky, but it may take longer to reach the opponent.