What's new

Mileena General Discussion

projectzero00

nomnomnom
So how do we think she might play? Like was already mentioned, the trailer really focused on her mouth and biting, so we might at least get a variation focused around that. Command grabs and the like.

I expect her zoning and neutral won't be nearly as powerful as it was in MKX. Remember B12 in Piercing? Yeah, not gonna be here this time. Low Sai, if she has it, will no doubt be a slot move as well.

She could actually play as a more ferocious, in-your-face rushdown character overall, which would just be a dream for me.

I do hope that we get some Ethereal-esque moves, even if they're not tournament moves. It was my favourite variation to play by the end of MKX, and allowed for some crazy shenanigans.

Anything gameplay -wise you guys are hoping for?
Mileena was always a rushdown character IMO, and I think she should be the same this time around. All her tools point to that (teeth, sais, and now claws too). I really hope she has some ethereal tools, but done correctly this time. I just hope she's fast af!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So how do we think she might play? Like was already mentioned, the trailer really focused on her mouth and biting, so we might at least get a variation focused around that. Command grabs and the like.

I expect her zoning and neutral won't be nearly as powerful as it was in MKX. Remember B12 in Piercing? Yeah, not gonna be here this time. Low Sai, if she has it, will no doubt be a slot move as well.

She could actually play as a more ferocious, in-your-face rushdown character overall, which would just be a dream for me.

I do hope that we get some Ethereal-esque moves, even if they're not tournament moves. It was my favourite variation to play by the end of MKX, and allowed for some crazy shenanigans.

Anything gameplay -wise you guys are hoping for?
I am hoping for rush down as well, with low and high command grabs like in Ravenous, and those takedowns at the end of her strings. I'd like her to have a gimmicky and fun variation, and honestly, as long as she's fun to play I really don't mind.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
please, please, please, please lord paulo don't make her a degenerate rushdown 50/50 character.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Place your bets: Ball roll as a meterless launcher like her sister's fan lift, or one bar roll?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I figured out why Mileena has her Baraka teeth and not her lips. In MKX it was said that she had lips because she evolved, right? She was 20 years older in that game. But this Mileena was brought from the past, probably MK9. Where she had the Baraka mouth still. I'm curious tho if she'll have a skin or gear where she has the lips.

I'm sure they'll be tied to different skins. I just need Ponytail Mileena then the rest will just be a bonus.
Oof I hope not. I'll be so torn if there's a costume I love, but it doesn't have the ponytail and vice versa. Just gimme those Sonya, Sheeva, Sindel hair options.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Place your bets: Ball roll as a meterless launcher like her sister's fan lift, or one bar roll?
Since ball roll cost a bar to launch in MKXL, I expect that to carry over.

However, I suspect that ball roll will be her anti-breakaway move and will launch meterlessly in that case.