What's new

Mileena General Discussion

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I will never forget how the community (and by community, I mean dumbasses that didn’t play the characters) tried to rewrite history about Mileena and Kitana in MKX like they both weren’t complete dogshit when the game first released.

Poor Kitana had literally nothing to cancel into to be safe (even a fan was -10), strings on hit were punishable, Mileena’s teleport kick was punishable unless you cancelled into the sai. What a damn mess they were. Not that MK11 Kitana released in a much better state, but here’s hoping Mileena doesn’t trigger my PTSD.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Lol, remember when Ethereal Mileena was literally just base Mileena with an EX special that was no different to her base one?

Or when Ravenous was her best variation because it let her end strings in a special that wasn't death on block?

Good times. Gooood times...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I will never forget how the community (and by community, I mean dumbasses that didn’t play the characters) tried to rewrite history about Mileena and Kitana in MKX like they both weren’t complete dogshit when the game first released.

Poor Kitana had literally nothing to cancel into to be safe (even a fan was -10), strings on hit were punishable, Mileena’s teleport kick was punishable unless you cancelled into the sai. What a damn mess they were. Not that MK11 Kitana released in a much better state, but here’s hoping Mileena doesn’t trigger my PTSD.
Um, teleports should be punishable on block tho.

FoughtDragon01

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding the exact frame data from launch day, but Mileena's Telekick on HIT was punishable by shit like Lao's spin. Probably more that I can't think of, but yeah...

It was silly.

EDIT: Found it! Telekick was -8 on HIT at launch! Jesus, those were dark times.

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding the exact frame data from launch day, but Mileena's Telekick on HIT was punishable by shit like Lao's spin. Probably more that I can't think of, but yeah...

It was silly.
I remember a buddy kept asking me why I'd always throw a Sai after a Teleport kick, even on hit.

Ah, good times.

FoughtDragon01

On a different note, does the Aftermath ending still leave the door open for alternate timelines? Because if Rain, as well as Mileena are returning, it'd be cool if they did a 'what if' story expansion where they revisit the Outworld Civil War and have it play out differently.

And no, I'm not asking just because I want to see Mileena kill D'vorah.

Okay, maybe a little.

On a different note, does the Aftermath ending still leave the door open for alternate timelines? Because if Rain, as well as Mileena are returning, it'd be cool if they did a 'what if' story expansion where they revisit the Outworld Civil War and have it play out differently.

And no, I'm not asking just because I want to see Mileena kill D'vorah.

Okay, maybe a little.
Alternate time lines can exist, depending how Fire God Liu Kang goes about things.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Last thing anybody needs to worry about is an MK ending.

After Armageddon: Time Travel
After MK9: Time Skip
After MKX: Brand new race of time altering gods that were never hinted at before
Aftermath: More Time Travel

The ending is about the least important part of an MK story lol
yep, an infinite time looping .....

with this , NRS found a dirty solution , just in case the story lore starts to become stale and boring, so, they can always reset all, and start over all over again :cool:

they have now , the perfect excuse and the laziest solution , when they , by chance, start to make huge plots errors into the MK universe, lol ! :p

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
For those of you that might want a hint of what Mileena may sound like IF she's confirmed tomorrow.

Voice actress is Kari Wahlgren. Same voice as Kitana, but this is definitely meant to be a take on Mileena.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
For those of you that might want a hint of what Mileena may sound like IF she's confirmed tomorrow.

Voice actress is Kari Wahlgren. Same voice as Kitana, but this is definitely meant to be a take on Mileena.

Totally ok with the voice style with the emphasis of "s" sounds and general breathiness, but I feel like it needs some effects added onto it so it sounds more feral.

LeoMK29

Noob

Not as good as Karen but if they look the same and sound the same, mostly, then I guess it works with the Kitana/Mileena lore

FoughtDragon01

The more snake-like delivery fits perfect if they're gonna go for a more sinister take overall, but now I'm curious how she'll sound when she's straight up pissed/leaning into her Tarkatan roots. Karen Strassman managed to have a growl behind her voice that really sold Mileena's feral side. Can't wait to see how Wahlgren compares.

xXRagingFlameXx

The more snake-like delivery fits perfect if they're gonna go for a more sinister take overall, but now I'm curious how she'll sound when she's straight up pissed/leaning into her Tarkatan roots. Karen Strassman managed to have a growl behind her voice that really sold Mileena's feral side. Can't wait to see how Wahlgren compares.
I'm gonna do some research into some of Kari's other roles to see if she's done anything similar to Mileena's feral sound. She's a very talented voice actress so I'm sure we won't be disappointed!

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
True, it would just be so sad :oops:
relax .... will not happen, due the :

remember when the Nintendo Switch just revealed all the KP 1 and Aftermath ? yeah, everyone was knowing much sooner, what characters were to come as DLC for MK11, and even this way , NRS did nothing to change any of the characters , or any damage control about it ...
when people datamined and found the ROB reference, NRS did nothing to hide that, and just follow the normal behaviour, promoting Robocop in the right time
much before the came even came out, the steam database leaked ALL the main roster, and even this way, NRS did nothing to try to sort that out

so, why now, what reason they would just fake a source code and take the risk to have half of the fanbase to curse and hate them forever for that ? no way, NRS and WB have a reputation to keep, so, we will have Mileena tomorrow, wait and see

when they fooled people on the Injustice 2 datamine, was using characters that were intelectual propriety of them ..... they simple cannot put the name Rambo in a game without paying ther copyright license, so, think about ..... WB would be stupid to pay for using the name Rambo only to troll the fanbase ? hahaha of course not :D

so , relax and enjoy the show tomorrow,. my dear ! ;)

xXRagingFlameXx

Alright, after watching a video I officially trust Kari to do Mileena justice.

Skip to 2:08, here she voices Marvel's Enchantress.

Toss in some growls and I'd say we've got Mileena.