What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Considering how mind-numbingly boring the combos are in MK11, you'll be lucky if the ball even launches at all.
Bruh, I was playing MKX yesterday to make a video about Mileena and hot damn, combos in MKX were hype lmao.

Like I do like how MK11 plays, I really do, I like the spacing game and it's made me a better player overall, but the combos are lacking and some characters feel boring because of it. That's why I started playing more gimmicky characters like HB Kitana.

Bruh, I was playing MKX yesterday to make a video about Mileena and hot damn, combos in MKX were hype lmao.

Like I do like how MK11 plays, I really do, I like the spacing game and it's made me a better player overall, but the combos are lacking and some characters feel boring because of it. That's why I started playing more gimmicky characters like HB Kitana.
You have a PC yes? Come play Killer Instinct with us. That game has combos and loads of depth.

:O what are the combos like? dial in or quick links?
The combos are the ultimate self expression in a fighting game that I've ever seen; the system is different than in any other game, and it's super simple to execute:

Every combo starts with an opener. This can be a certain special move, or a jump-in attack. Once an opener is properly performed, you're now in the game's combo system. To continue the combo, you need to do an Autodouble, or a Linker.

An autodouble is a normal, light Punch, Light Kick, Medium Punch, Medium Kick, Heavy Punch, or Heavy Kick. Lights are faster and do less damage, heavy's are slower and do more damage.

A linker is a special move that continues a combo, is often the same as an opener, and also has different strengths.

As you perform Autodoubles and Linkers, your KV Metre Builds. Before it "Blows out," you want to do an Ender. An Ender is a Special move that, coincidentally, Ends the combo. Some enders do damage, some build metre, some launch, some do a wall splat, etc. Enders are specials moves that are not Openers or Linkers.

So a basic combo with Jago, for example, would be: Wind Kick(opener)>Medium Punch>Wind Kick>Medium Punch>Rising Tiger (ender).

You can keep doing linkers and auto-doubles so long as your KV Metre is building, but at any point your opponent can try to Break the Combo. If they guess or read the Strength of your attack, they can Break your combo. Light attacks are too fast to react to and must be guessed. Heavy's can be reacted to. So you need to structure your combo to make it harder to break.

If your opponent always tries to Break at specific points, or if you guess they're going to Break, you throw a Counter Breaker into your combo, and if you're right, they're locked out of Break attempts for about 5 seconds. Time to pile on the Heavy Autodoubles and Linkers for damage! If they Break with the wrong strength, they're locked out for 2 or 3 seconds, so again, pile on the damage.

Does that all make sense? Think of the combo in Killer Instinct like a sandwich. You have your bread (opener and ender), your meat and veggies (autodoubles and linkers). You alternate your meat and veggies for better "flavour," and make sure you have bread on each end.

In Killer Instinct, you are always doing something, always looking for an opportunity to counter, there's always options for you even when you're being attacked. It's fantastic.

If you want to read in more detail, check out the Combo Section of Infil's Guide here. He explains things much better than I.

The game is free to play. Try it, I think you'll love it.

it's not weird lmao or maybe I just hear that a lot :oops:
I live in the NL's at the Belgian border and they spreak 3 languages there. Dutch, German and French and it's like there's a little part of home over there in Canada hearing your accent haha

Edit; Just noticed you apparently the accent isn't called french but is called moose i guess, weird Canadians :joker::DOGE rofl jk

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Was sitting here, chillin', admiring the MK3 skins in MK11 to celebrate the anniversary of UMK3. And, I had always thought it was weird that Kitana never had purple or pink recolors of her klassic skins. It makes sense now that Mileena's supposedly coming. I just remember thinking it'd be the most obvious, and simple way to somewhat satisfy a lot of Mileena fans. We had Wal-Mart Mileena with Kitana's variation. Knowing NRS they could've just tossed us a purple MK3 skin and called it a day.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Was sitting here, chillin', admiring the MK3 skins in MK11 to celebrate the anniversary of UMK3. And, I had always thought it was weird that Kitana never had purple or pink recolors of her klassic skins. It makes sense now that Mileena's supposedly coming. I just remember thinking it'd be the most obvious, and simple way to somewhat satisfy a lot of Mileena fans. We had Wal-Mart Mileena with Kitana's variation. Knowing NRS they could've just tossed us a purple MK3 skin and called it a day.
Yeah, all the Kitana gear items made me think she was never coming back. Great plot twist, the best 2020 arc so far.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
It would be such a shame if Mileena misses out on the Klassic costumes. Hopefully she gets her own side pack, or at least have them show up in the store

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It would be such a shame if Mileena misses out on the Klassic costumes. Hopefully she gets her own side pack, or at least have them show up in the store
Yo I didn't think about that, hopefully she'll get the UMK3 one! If they use the same model from Kitana that would make sense. But a part of me is kind of skeptical they'll make them look exactly the same apart from the mouth and eyes? IDK.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Yeah, all the Kitana gear items made me think she was never coming back. Great plot twist, the best 2020 arc so far.
First the sai, then the Mileena teeth masks, then the Friendship...

Mileena antis and Mileena stan haters had thought they were victorious...they bragged on social media, thinking the Kahnum was gone for good...

But Mileena's a bad bitch. You can't kill her. It honestly has been quite the roller coaster but until Mileena is in the game and I'm playing as her...it'll never be over. I may never know peace. But hey, I can add all of that to the list of traumas we've had to endure this year.

MK2 skins are ugly imo but they should definitely show up in the store. Hopefully we get the UMK3 skin at least. I'd LOVE it if they kinda updated the Femme Fatale pack to include Mileena when she releases. So, if you own that pack you get that skin for her.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I just hope Kitana and Mileena have a little more to their interactions than:

“Vile creature!”
“Let’s play, sister!”

The MKX dialogue between the two was sorely lacking and what I felt was a missed opportunity.
yep, they have to be more creative this time, in order to pass the impression that a true rivalry is burning up serious shit and boiling bad blood between these two ladies, hehe :D :p

yep, they have to be more creative this time, in order to pass the impression that a true rivalry is burning up serious shit and boiling bad blood between these two ladies, hehe :D :p
Keep in mind though, in the reboot timeline, that rivalry didn't exist as Mileena was newly created and Kitana was killed early on. Their interaction with one another was quite limited.

In the original timeline, they grew up together, competed against each other, and then chose opposing sides in the Earthrealm vs Outworld conflicts.

The "sisters" have a very different history in both timelines.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I just hope NRS doesn't pull something super petty and makes her F-tier on some Monkey's Paw-type shit.

Ah, hell, I'd still main her even if she was garbage.
Aside from Robocop (who I doubt is as bad as everyone says, especially his command grab variation), has any DLC character been bad on release so far? Joker is top 5 material, Terminator plays MKX extremely well, Nightwolf is a jack of all trades with little to no real weaknesses, Sindel is great, Spawn is THE god of damage combined with great range, Fujin is a footsie god, and Sheeva's Smash and Grab variation is an absolute nightmare in the right hands.

I have no doubt Mileena is going to be released just fine balance-wise. NRS has clearly learned from their original MK11 release mistakes (Kitana, Jade, Kano, Shao, Kotal, D'Vorah).

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Aside from Robocop (who I doubt is as bad as everyone says, especially his command grab variation), has any DLC character been bad on release so far? Joker is top 5 material, Terminator plays MKX extremely well, Nightwolf is a jack of all trades with little to no real weaknesses, Sindel is great, Spawn is THE god of damage combined with great range, Fujin is a footsie god, and Sheeva's Smash and Grab variation is an absolute nightmare in the right hands.

I have no doubt Mileena is going to be released just fine balance-wise. NRS has clearly learned from their original MK11 release mistakes (Kitana, Jade, Kano, Shao, Kotal, D'Vorah).
Nope. They all seem to have godlike tools overall. I’d argue that Sheeva seems to be the weakest of the bunch, but like you said, even she can get work done.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
RoboCop’s command grab variation is the most underrated one. It’s a bitch to fight. Terminator is not that great I would say he’s the weakest out of all the DLCs.

dph1990

Noob
I’m so excited but also really cautious in case it’s all a misdirect or something. I’ve accepted the inevitability that all her best moves/combinations of will be locked out of kompetitive though. The existence of Kitana’s Ground War ability will puzzle me forever, so I’m expecting similar nonsense for Mileena. Still, HYPE!

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

Mileena and Kitana were a lot of fun in MKX.