What's new

Mileena General Discussion

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Oooh, if that's true, I'll look forward to playing Rain in the near future. ^^
I think it's true.

Shortly before the update, TheThiny and a bunch of YouTubers and other members of the community made "#DearNRS" trend on Twitter because the community finally had enough of the lack of communication. And a few Devs noticed Thiny and were responding to his tweets. Theeeeen, the update came with the names of the characters coming in the next pack.

A lot of people, myself included, think WB aren't letting NRS talk about the upcoming content. And the devs knew about Thiny cause he leaked the characters from Aftermath in the files I believe. So, they decided to put the characters in the files knowing Thiny would be able find them. Just to generate hype and give the fans what they've been asking for without getting in trouble with WB.

Nooooooooooooow we just have to wait for NRS to bless us with a trailer. I'm giving them until the 8th. They had planned for the Halloween skin pack to come on that date, but then pushed it forward to the end of September for soooome unknown reason ;)...and the og Mortal Kombat game came out on October 8th, 1992. So it would be one hell of a date to announce more content.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
My big brain guess is the Mileena that will be DLC is another flesh pits clone and not any Mileena we have seen before. So I think it would be dope if she was more brutal and sloppy with her fighting style since she’s fresh from the flesh pits and not as experienced.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
AAAH a thread for me and my people! My people are in the building!

Okay, okay, here's my current lil thoughts cause its 1:42 AM, I'm listening to Nicki and I just secured $40 for the next Kombat Pack should the shit ever come out because my Kahnum might be coming and I gotta cop the preorder on day one.

~~

Okay, first and foremost. The sai. Wtf are they gonna do about the sai? I don't think they'd scrap it. Yes, the sai is her signature weapon, but...Kitana has it now. There's even a sai called "Mileena's favorite." It'd just feel weird. And I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it was to create 30+ UNIQUE sai...then to have to create 30+ more? Or to copy/paste/rename Kitana's sai catalog for Mileena...idk...I just can't see that happening. And I would absolutely love for there to be a dialogue between the two where Mileena calls her ass out for stealing her weapon.

But looking through the wiki there's still tons of options for Mileena.

Ball Roll
Straight Sai Toss
Low Sai Toss

Her Telekick has been with her since the beginning, but unlike the sai toss, NRS didn't change how it works for Kitana. With the sai toss, Kitana throws it at an angle. But the telekick is the exact same as it always has been for Mileena. However, the amplified kick could work the same as it did in MKX where she'd kick multiple times for a combo, whereas Kitana amplifies for the fan toss.

They could bring back her "Vanish" from MKX. Though I personally never found her Ethereal variation that exciting compared to the other two.

Now, in MKX, Ravenous was my favorite variation for Mileena. It was fun and my favorite aspect of Mileena is her crazy acrobatics on top of her chomping on people and this variation had that. So they DEFINITELY need to bring back her High Pounce and Low Pounce. Lemme leap frog over people, backflip onto them, break their arms, and then curb stomp them with my ass. Yes.

In MK9 she had Leaping Neckbite where she just straight up jumped on them and bit them. I could see a move like that being a good combo ender in MK11. Although in MKX she had a move similar to that and it was in a combo, and you could extend it.

But, at the end of the day NRS is NRS and they're pretty smart and creative enough that I trust them to give Mileena and fun set of variations and moves. They could definitely come up with some unique variation moves.

~~

I'm interested to see what they do with her voice. I absolutely adored Mileena's voice in MKX. The growls and screams were incredible and I'd love to see that voice actress return. However, I wouldn't be disappointed if Kari does the voice for Mileena in MK11 since she also does Kitana's. In a couple of Kitana's mirror match dialogues, there are easter eggs to one of the Kitanas being a clone. She even has a darker tone to her voice, much like Mileena and refers to the other as "Sister."

"Another of Shang Tsung's Clones?"

"Fresh from the Flesh Pits, Sister."

"You are all abominations."

I was going to clip the dialogue and post it to my Twitter with Kitana's Kombat League skin from the last season + the Mileena mask so we could somewhat visualize what Kari would bring to the table, but my clips are messing up. I'll keep trying though.

~~

One of her gear pieces should obviously be her mask + hair. Just like how Sindel and Sheeva have multiple hair options, Mileena def should too. Imo she should have a ponytail, a braid, and her hair down, then various options of masks, veils, or no mask.

Normally, her sai would be the next obvious option, but because Kitana can't keep her grubby little thief hands off of female ninja's weapons I don't see that being a gear piece. Maybe she'll have gloves, boots, or a medallion.

But who knows, maybe Mileena could have her sai as a gear piece. Looking through the roster, Cassie, Jax, Robocop, Erron Black, and Terminator all have "Shotguns/Pistols/ or some other type of gun." so maybe they actually could give Mileena her sai. And hell, we're getting Rambo who ALSO has a gun. So...screw it, give Mileena her sai.

~~

I have a few ideas for intros and outros. Ball Rolling in, teleporting from the sky, dancing in like in MK9 (This is one I'm really hoping to see.)

In terms of outros. She could have one that resembles her MK9 one where she eats the camera, tossing her sai at the camera is also an obvious choice. One that I'm hoping for and mentioned the other day in a status is a reference to Jennifer's Body. Basically fade to black after the opponent falls, then cut to the silhouettes like in the scene below.

Megan Fox was serving demonic Mileena vibes in Jennifer's Body and I live for it. And there has to be a reference to this movie SOMEWHERE for Mileena in MK11. But those are my main thoughts on Mileena right now. Sorry, it's a bit of a read, but y'all know I love my girl so much and I get passionate when I'm hype lol. Whatever happens, whatever they manage to come up with, I'm excited. I don't see how they could disappoint me. However, while writing this...the thought of them making Mileena a Premier skin for Kitana crossed my mind and I've felt sick ever since, but I'm choosing to ignore that idea lol.
I dont't see any of these issues as problems ..... Kitana variation that uses the sai and the telekick, is not the most played variation of her .... anyway, even with Mileena sharing just the teleport kick as special moves, this must be faced inside the game as the same way when Shang Tsung becomes the characters he is fighting against, and suddenly , you have 2 characters in the screen doing the same move, so what ? A lot of special moves in MK11 are almost identical among\between each other coming from diferent characters, so, not a problem

her gears piece, if they decide to make Mileena sais customizable, no problem too .... I'm pretty sure that , during the development stage process, they get rid of "a lot" of gears models from all characters , until decide what the ones they want in the final version of the game, so, can happen that they might be made around 100 types of diferent sais modesl for Kitana, and discarded a lot of them, and made Kitana having 30 or so in the end, so, they simple can pick this kind of "leftover" asset and just throw to the Mileena gear ...... ;)

all the other sais moves that Kitana use, none of those special moves, Mileena never had ever used them on MK9 or MKX, so, they can always bring back Mily moveset from MK9 and MKX, and even this way, she would be diferent enough from Kitana in MK11 ..... besides, NRS always bring something new , so, I don't doubt that Mileena could end up having 1 or 2 new special moves now

If NRS really did worked of her character built along 7 or more months, I'm pretty sure we will see a high quality stuff result for Mileena in MK11, after all, all MK11 characters are well presented in the game, so, will not be diferent for our dear crazy queen bitch here, hehe ! :p

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think that it WOULD make sense that their movesets are going to be similar in a way, and keep in mind it's only HB. But again, they're clones, they both play off each other even though they're exact opposites. I think Mileena will still have sai hits in her normal, and her telekick. It would be cool if it would be like a kick that pops the opponent up meterless but I won't hold my breath lmao.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
That's what I'm thinking! It would be weird if she has a completely different mocap model.

xenogorgeous

any chance that Mileena would look like that in MK11?

Kitana's face and Tarkatan appearance !!

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/f1c3j2
damn hot, this is good ! good call this fan art , indeed

yep. anything following this art direction will rock ! :)

I really doubt we wiil get disapointed , because Mileena is a huge fan favorite, her demanding request for MK11 is insane, and she is part of the very klassic old school characters of MK franchise, so, it's just a matter of time, until we get the reveal trailer, and it's 99% chances we will get satisfied with what we gonna get .....

until now, none character on MK11, was bad made\designed regarding if you stop to analyze the pure aesthetic only, appearance look point, so, the same will be for Mileena, Rain and Rambo, you can expect top notch ultra high quality results coming from the elite team of 3D models developers of NRS ! ;)

xenogorgeous

Was that the case in MKX? I feel like Mileena and Kitana looked completely different in that game. Anyway, I hope they use the same mocap actress. Not just for the lore, but I think she's very attractive as well.

View attachment 17510
yep, I hope NRS stick with the asian Kitana for years to come , because is simple amazing how this fits so well for our dear edenian Princess, and so, Mileena follows this look, being a asian version too, but, with her classic monster features, like the yellow cat-eyes, and those shark teeth .... hehe ! :joker:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Was that the case in MKX? I feel like Mileena and Kitana looked completely different in that game. Anyway, I hope they use the same mocap actress. Not just for the lore, but I think she's very attractive as well.

View attachment 17510
I love this!

And I don't believe they did, they looked very different. This is definitely Kitana's better face out of all the games.

I love this!

And I don't believe they did, they looked very different. This is definitely Kitana's better face out of all the games.
Yes, in both Mortal Kombat (2011) and Mortal Kombat XL, they're faces were quite different, Tarkatan features aside.

And I agree re: the face model for Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath; this is the best Kitana has ever looked.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
People on Twitter keep saying NRS likes to reveal stuff on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to keep an eye out on these days.

So, if we're gonna get something this week, I'd wager it'd be on Thursday. Which will be the 8th. Which is also the anniversary of MK. But I'd guess the teasing will ramp up on Tuesday. Ooooor we will get nothing this week and can find another random date to slowly wait for lol. Hopefully that isn't the case. All this speculating makes me just wanna see what we're gonna get.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
People on Twitter keep saying NRS likes to reveal stuff on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to keep an eye out on these days.

So, if we're gonna get something this week, I'd wager it'd be on Thursday. Which will be the 8th. Which is also the anniversary of MK. But I'd guess the teasing will ramp up on Tuesday. Ooooor we will get nothing this week and can find another random date to slowly wait for lol. Hopefully that isn't the case. All this speculating makes me just wanna see what we're gonna get.
Yeah, it's maddening to be honest. Like I believe the datamine but I also need official confirmation to stop stressing about it lmao.